Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Are you perspiring from the irony?

It's stupid how we always seem to do it again.

by missfiona 4 reviews

oh noez.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-07-04 - Updated: 2007-07-05 - 766 words

1Exciting
"So that's it, then. No more chances."

Though his tone was completely rational and calm, it wasn't hard for Louise to see that inside, he was panicking. She had always been a safety net of sorts - someone to fall back on if the Hollywood lifestyle didn't work out. Now, though, she had left him feeling vulnerable and, ultimately, alone.

"You've had more chances than you deserve, Peter. So no," Louise paused as she locked eyes with the man before her, "no more chances."

---

Peter and Louise shared a past that, though tiringly eventful, was much too simple. It seemed that their relationship repeated itself over and over again in a twisted cycle - starting with a sickeningly sweet adoration of the other and ending with one fleeing Chicago. For the most part, Pete was the one who fled.

They had met at a show towards the end of Louise's senior year, though not on the best of terms. Louise had been unattainable, and Pete had been obnoxious. He merely saw her cold remarks and obvious dislike towards him as challenge, refusing to give up in his attempts to woo her. As cliché as any other teenage romance, he did indeed win over the girl's affections, though much to her dismay.

What started as a chase - the ultimate reward being her body - soon developed into an odd sort of affair. Pete had found himself falling blindly for the slightly younger girl, and to Louise's horror, she had caved. He had gotten under he skin, and refused to leave. Try as she might, she could not escape his lingering presence in her mind.

They lasted three years together, with the majority of their relationship spent either in a fight or in a bed. In spite of the seemingly mere physical attraction, they were addicted to one another. They thrived off each other and found that they couldn't quite function when they were separated or not speaking, and so these 'breaks' often lasted just a few hours.

Everything came to an abrupt, grinding halt in 2002. At the age of twenty, Louise discovered that she was pregnant with Pete's child. As unplanned and surprising as this was, she felt an inexplicable happiness that she had lacked before. In a way, she felt that this baby would be the incentive that they needed, and hoped it would motivate Pete to settle down just a bit.

Her happiness, however, quickly disappeared. The night that Louise had planned to tell Pete about the baby, he had slipped into bed at 4 a.m., smelling strongly of the cheap perfume of another woman.

Dumfounded, Louise was now convinced that for her sake, she could no longer have any ties to Pete. And so she left the next morning, never telling Pete about the baby that neither would ever meet, and avoiding all confrontation.

It wasn't until months later that they finally spoke about that night. Pete owned up to cheating, and Louise never mentioned the abortion. Not a single soul knew, and she hoped to keep it that way for a very long time.

---

"Do you realize how old this gets?" she asked later that night, seated next to Pete at the bar as she slowly stirred the drink before her. "You come crawling back here every few months, spewing bullshit about how you're a changed man and how you want another shot at 'us'. Do you honestly believe that I would have changed my mind, all those times?"

It took Pete a few moments to respond, visibly trying his hardest to explain. "I guess I just can't quite give up hope just yet- I need the assurance that you're here, and that I haven't screwed up entirely." Letting out a low chuckle, Pete raised his eyes to meet Louise's. "I'm a bit too late now, though."

When she didn't respond, he continued. "Look, I know that you're," he paused, gesturing to her left hand and looking away briefly, "/engaged/, but I can't cut you out of my life completely. Not yet, any way. I just want another shot at friendship - it's the very least you could do."

Expecting Louise to go off in a rant, or to storm away from the bar while spewing obscenities, Pete was shocked her response. With one word, she had opened up a pandora's box of trouble.

"Okay."

---

Author's Note: A bit longer this time. I've read over this once, and will most likely regret/edit it in the morning. Hopefully my summary of their past wasn't boring - I wanted to get it out of the way. Happy fourth, everyone!
Sign up to rate and review this story