Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Are you perspiring from the irony?

We're the new face of failure.

by missfiona 5 reviews

so, I've been updating every day. I have no life.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Published: 2007-07-05 - Updated: 2007-07-06 - 776 words

1Exciting
"Look, Peter. I'm a professional. I'm not going to write a pity piece on your shitty band just because we fuck. It doesn't work like that."

Louise took another drag from her cigarette, turning to face Pete as she slowly exhaled. She could read the annoyance on his face, and it only caused her to smile. Some might call it twisted or mean even, but she got a kick out of bruising his ego.

"It wouldn't be a fucking 'pity piece' and you know it," Pete claimed, his expression slowly changing into one of amusement. "Besides, I've seen you at the shows. I'm not completely blind up on stage, you know. I see you dancing - you love it." Now looking smug, and very pleased with himself, Pete wrapped an arm around a reluctant Louise, pulling her closer to himself. "Admit it, we're not all that bad."

Rolling her eyes, Louise pushed him roughly to the side and continued walking. "Up yours, Peter."


---

"So, I was wrong, huh?"

"Excuse me?" Pete replied, confusion written on his face. The two were seated across from each other at small café, their table the farthest from the windows. Pete had insisted.

"About your band. I can't listen to the radio anymore without hearing Patrick's voice, and everyone at work is in a tizzy about your new album." Louise wrapped her hands around the coffee mug, lifting it towards her face and savoring the steam's warm embrace. "Not to mention, you've got us sitting back here in the fucking corner."

One might say that Pete's attempts at remaining unseen were a bit excessive. With his hood pulled low over his head and huge, over sized sunglasses, he looked ridiculous. Louise had threatened to go straight home after taking in his appearance, scoffing at his conceited beliefs that everyone in Chicago was out to forcibly have his babies. Been there, done that.

Clearing his throat, Pete lowered his voice as he responded. "It's far more than any of us ever expected, that I can say for sure." He paused for a moment, taking a bite from his muffin. With a crumb filled grin, he continued. "We fucking suck, though."

Louise rolled her eyes at this, his modesty a refreshing change. "I think there are plenty of teenage girls who would beg to differ." The band's more recent fan base baffled her - here were the boys she grew up with, looked upon by millions of fans as sex symbols in their own right. Truthfully, it creeped her out a bit.

After a few moments of comfortable silence, Louise looked up with curiosity. He had asked her out to coffee with the intention of catching up, but so far, she had been keeping the conversation alive. If she were to be completely honest, she might admit that she was glad they were giving a platonic friendship a shot. Deep down in her very core, she knew that she couldn't handle his absence any better than he could hers.

"So," she started, grasping at straws. "L.A., the American dream. How's that treating you?" She had glanced at the tabloids, and vaguely knew of his involvement with the Simpson girl. Generally, though, she avoided reading any sort of publication about the boys. It was just another aspect of their fame that felt much too impersonal to her after knowing them for years.

"I miss home," his short reply was punctuated by a quick glance around the café, taking in the updated appearance of one of their old haunts. Chicago continued on, even without Peter Wentz.

Turning to face Louise once again, he acknowledged her raised eyebrow with a sigh. He didn't expect her to be satisfied with his answer. "Ashlee and I are over. It just began to feel a bit forced, and to tell you truth, I'm a bit sick of always being in the limelight. It gets old after a while."

Louise didn't respond for a few moments, instead just observing the man before her. Funny how much two people can change in just a matter of years. At that very second, it was almost possible for her to see the boy she had loved in the stranger sitting across from her. Rising from her seat abruptly, she held out her hand to him. "C'mon, let's go."

"Alright."

---

Author's Note: A filler of sorts, nothing I'm pleased with. I'm a bit stumped on where to take this, and I'm going to be busy for the next few days, so the next update may not be for a while. Also, I seriously need to make a reader appreciation note next time. You guys rock.
Sign up to rate and review this story