Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Are you perspiring from the irony?

It's a strange way of saying I'm supposed to love you.

by missfiona 7 reviews

dramaz.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-07-06 - Updated: 2007-07-06 - 1044 words

1Ambiance
"Why did you take me here?"


Pete stood in the middle of an overgrown field, the tall weeds reaching his hips. The depressing state in which the untamed field was in put a bit of a damper on his previously good mood, but he didn't dare complain. After a minute of surveying his surroundings, various familiar aspects slowly emerged and hinted towards the fact that he did indeed know exactly where they were.

"To remember," Louise replied, her tone final and revealing no emotions. Without so much as a glance at Peter, she lowered herself among the grass, crushing the stems to create an imprint of her body. Feeling a sharp pang in his stomach, Pete followed suit as he had done so often in the past.

Both sets of eyes focused on the clear, blue skies and passing clouds, the pair remained quiet as they took in the familiar view. Louise smiled up at the kind, October sun, it's flames complimented by the warm tones of the autumn leaves. Pete, however, frowned, not bothering to pay much attention to his surroundings. Instead, he could only remember what this field had meant to them in the past.

Heated whispers under the moonlit sky, and a blanket of clothing beneath them, they had felt so free in this very spot. There were no limits, and in their frequent visits to this very field, they were not the same. Free of inhibitions and acting on their primitive, human instincts, they never uttered a single word amongst the weeds. Instead, they spoke through actions and quiet, guttural moans. Here, the connection between them - not quite love, but far from hate - was in its simplest form.

"We were kind to each other here," Louise stated with a distant smile, turning towards her companion, "But not in many other places." This was the dynamic of their relationship - they showed love in the most crude form, but could hardly stand the other outside of these interactions. It wasn't just sex, though. Of this, they were both sure. It held so much more meaning, and though neither could explain it, being so close to one another came so naturally, that it was truly the only thing that felt right to them.

"I don't think either of us will ever find that again," Pete stated suddenly, his voice neither sad nor joyful. "Find what?" Louise returned softly, turning away from him once more. "If you mean a thoroughly unhealthy relationship that centered around the almost-love we felt only while we fucked, then I should certainly hope I don't find that again. I'm happy now. Christopher is good to me, and we're in love. Even his faults, I can't help but love them because they are /his/. We never had that, Pete."

What killed him the most was not the reality of what she had said, but the pity in her voice. He didn't need her sympathy now, just because she was engaged, and he didn't need her to remind him that he had screwed himself over. Abruptly pushing himself to his feet, Pete angrily pumped at the air with his fists.

"God damn it, Lou! I know that I fucked up, and I know that I've done more wrong than right in my life, and I know that I threw away the best thing I had going for me five years ago, but I don't need your constant reminder! Do you realize how shitty you make me feel, even if by accident? I just don't understand why you still can't give me a chance to make up for what I've done - you can't even let me get close enough for us to be friends. I know I cheated, and I know I was an ass to you during those three years that we were together, but fuck do I need you in my life, in some way or another. Why can't you just fucking accept that?"

Breathing heavily, Pete watched with a flushed face as Louise slowly rose to her feet, her eyes never leaving his own. His anger was only fueled by the slight laughter in her voice as she began to speak.

"Do you honestly want to know why I find it so hard to not only trust you, but to be in your presence?" Louise asked, her eyes dark and voice dangerously low. "I have spent the past five years trying to forget one of the biggest mistakes I have made. As naïve as I was, it seems that I was stupid enough at one point to believe you would ever change. I thought I had good reason to believe so, too. I was pregnant with your fucking child, Peter," she declared, once again emitting a sick laugh of incredulity. "One guess as to when I had planned to tell you. Just one."

All through out, Pete's eyes had searched her own as she spoke, disbelief clouding his vision. Now though, his eyes darted to his feet as he came to a realization that caused his entire body to shake. The night he had cheated, the night she had left, he had received a voicemail from Louise, with a smile in her voice, claiming to have great news. He had never found out what that news was. "Oh, fuck."

"The same night that you stooped to the lowest you've ever been - the same night that you cheated on me. And you know what I did the very next morning? I scheduled a fucking abortion. So please, Peter, save your breath."

He watched as she left then, his entire body numb with the knowledge that he, at one point, had been a father. He had created a life, and his stupidity had brought about its intentional death. His body heaved as he let out a sob, sinking to the ground once more. Grasping at the weeds around him, he emitted a quiet cry. His breathing was heavy as he stared straight ahead with red, lifeless eyes.

"What have I done?"

---

Author's Note: Surprise! I found a bit of time to update today - and I'm actually very happy with parts of this chapter. My weak point is dialogue, so I'm sorry if it didn't seem very realistic/sucked majorly. Enjoy.
Sign up to rate and review this story