Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Busted!

One Won't

by ernie_the_leprechaun 4 reviews

Can Theresa use the Dragon Stone to defeat Cronus, once and for all?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Published: 2007-07-03 - Updated: 2007-07-03 - 1455 words

0Unrated
Hiya! This should be the last chapter of 'Busted!' if all goes well. I do have a sequel sort of planned, and maybe a companion story. But I'll see if this story goes over well first. So, hopefully, enjoy.
ernie_the_leprechaun.
----------------------------------------------------------------

"You know what you have to do. I have faith in you."

Theresa nodded, and Persephone walked back into the school. The team was gathered around Herry's truck, preparing to leave. Though nobody said it, they almost didn't dare to believe it, but they were about to fight what could be the final battle between themselves and Cronus.

Nobody was saying much of anything, actually. They all clutched their weapons, mentally preparing themselves. Only the Gods would be watching their progress this time; Their parents had all left the night before, after being in New Olympia for a week. This laid heavy in the teens' minds, but they had to get over it if they were going to win the upcoming fight.

Theresa was under especially hard strain, because she was the key to their plan. The others would take care of Cronus' giants, which were bound to accompany them, and she would go after Cronus....alone. It was a risk, but the Dragon Stone hanging around the red-head's neck sent new power, stronger power, into her being. She was ready to take on the crazy God of Time. Almost.

~~~*~

"You two, stand over there. You, move up a bit, don't be such a chicken, there only children. Agnon, don't stand over me! That won't make me look one bit impressive!" Cronus was also preparing for the upcoming fight, but in his mind there was no doubt (as if there ever was.) He could defeat those 'pesky mortals,' and he planned to today. He was prepared, he was ready, he was one step ahead of them.

"Think what you will, /heroes/." He sneered to himself. "Your little Stone can only help you so much."

~~~*~

"Alright, everyone." This was it, they were at the place the fight would take place: a deserted lot outside of town, where no one would accidentally see them, or get hurt. The place was, of course, chosen by the heroes, and it was pure convinence that made Cronus accept the place. Jay continued with, what he hoped, was a pep talk.

"We all know the plan. Archie and Altanta, you guys take those two giants, Herry and I will take the other. Neil and Odie, stay with Theresa and watch her back. We can do this guys. Ready?" Nods were exchange, they were more than ready.

"Good, let's go." They all got out of the truck, making their way towards Cronus as a group, as the team that they were. Weapons in hand, they waited as the giants came towards them. Soon, the fighting began.

~~~*~

"Atlanta, look out!" Archie found himself yelling repeatively as the younger girl, yet again, narrowly dodged a blow from the bigger of the two giants. The advantage of Archie fighting with her was that he could keep an eye on her, but this turned out to be a disadvantage as well.

"Quit worrying, Arch!" She yelled as she tripped the giant with her Bolas. "I can take care of myse-yikes!" A fist came flying at her, but it was quickly repelled by Archie and his whip.

"Well," she added, "it never hurts to have backup, I guess."

Across from Archie and Atlanta, Jay and Herry were beating Agnon and another giant, while Theresa was cornering Cronus. The God of Time didn't seem worried in the slightest, even though the Dragon Stone around her neck was in full view. In fact, he laughed, his usual, sickening laugh.

"So, little Theresa wants to fight again. Thinks her pretty necklace will protect her pretty self? Think again." And he came at her, golden scythes in hand.

Theresa was ready, the Dragon Stone strengthening her reflexes and hit. She not only disarmed Cronus in mere seconds, but used magic to turn his scythes to dust. To her surprise, this only made Cronus smile.

"Very good, Theresa. I see the Stone has not been wasted on you. It would be such a shame, then..." He paused, pulling something from his pocket. "If I were to waste mine."

Silence rang out as all fighting stopped. Even the giants seemed scared at this newly revealed fact. Cronus just laughed again.

"Yes, I, too, have a Dragon Stone. I figured, if Theresa can play with Medea's, why can't I play with Hecate's. Let's see how Theseus' great descendent can hold up one-on-one against the God of Time." With a wave of his hand, darkness comsummed Theresa and himself, blocking out the rest of her friends.

Theresa's breath caught in her throat, as the world around her disappeared into the darkness. The last thing she heard was someone, Jay, yell: "Theresa!"

~~~*~

You're weak, and pathetic. You'll never survive. I'm surprised you've survived for so long.

It was his voice. Cronus' voice, coming out of the black. She had to fight, with every passing moment he took more of her energy. She had to resist, to keep her power, to take his. She had to fight him to survive.

You'll never survive. You're too weak, too low. You're going to lose.

She was losing, but still she found herself thinking, I'm not! I am not weak, I am not going to lose. I can survive, and I can win!

NO! YOU CANNOT! YOU WON'T WIN! You'll fail your friends, you'll fail your precious Jay...

NO I WON'T!

~~~*~

Suddenly, it was bright. Too bright. The spell was broken, the darkness was gone. Cronus was gone.

Theresa was looking up at Jay, concern written in his features as he kneeled over her. Atlanta was kneeled on her over side, and in a rush said: "Theresa, are you alright? You were both just gone, and then you both came back, but Cronus escaped through a portal before we could stop him. Theresa what happened?"

Theresa felt a sob forming in her throat, she had let down her friends. "I'm sorry guys," was all she got out before falling unconcious.

~~~*~

"It's all my fault."

"It's not. Don't say that."

The battle was over, and the heroes were back at the dorm. They were all drained, but thankfully no one was seriously hurt, and they now sought the solitude of their own rooms. Except for Theresa and Jay, who were still talking in the living room.

"It is my fault, Jay! If I had been able to take on Cronus like we'd planned, we could all go back to being normal teenagers again. I'm pathetic." She said miserably. Jay gently grasped her shoulders, in an attempt to comfort her.

"Tesa, you did all you could. Cronus is a powerful God, and with a Dragon Stone in his possession he will be nearly unstoppable. It was amazing you held out against him as long as you did. I'm proud of you."

This got a sort of half smile out of Theresa, who replied: "Thanks, Jay. But we still have a problem. How are we going to defeat Cronus now that he has Hecate's Dragon Stone? We had the upperhand when only we had one, but now..."

"I know, we're back to where we were before. There's got to be a way to beat him at his own game."

"There is. A Dragon Stone is still out there, Jay, the only pure one left. I have to get it before Cronus does, if we're going to have any chance of beating him for good. I've got to track it down.....before he does."

"We've got to track it down. We're a team, we always will be, at least until this Cronus issue is dealt with. We'll all be there, I'll be there, to do whatever it takes to bring that psycho back to prison."

"I know," Theresa smiled at Jay's look of reassurance. "I almost wish...I almosted hoped that the Cronus issue would would have been dealt with. I'm tired of the worrying, and the fighting, and of all of us having to live through this everyday. This morning, a normal life was looking really nice, now we have to fight again."

Jay's look of reassurance turned to resolve as he declared, "then we'll keep fighting. We'll fight until we win, until we kick his sorry butt back to prison, then we'll be free to do what we want with our lives again." He lightly kissed Theresa before adding:

"Besides, normal is over-rated, anyway."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's it. What'd you think? Good, bad, kinda stinky? Do you want a sequel? Let me know, via reviews. Thanks for reading!

ernie_the_leprechaun
Sign up to rate and review this story