Categories > Celebrities > Def Leppard > Caught in a Dream

Chapter 5

by robinzan 0 reviews

Joe Elliott has nightmares. Will they come true? A mystery from Joe's POV. XO w/ Jon Bon Jovi

Category: Def Leppard - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Horror, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-12-05 - Updated: 2005-12-05 - 1110 words

0Unrated
I awoke in the hospital. 'What the hell am I doing here,' I thought to myself. I looked over at Steve, who was sitting in a chair, fast asleep.

"Steve," I said softly, not wanting to scare him up. He stirred, then opened his eyes.

"Hey. It's about time you woke up," he said. He pulled the chair closer to the bed.

"How long have I been here?" I asked him.

"About a week," he replied, "but at least, you got some much needed sleep."

"That's not what I had in mind," I told him.

That's when the rest of the band walked in. "There's our sleepyhead," Phil said.

"Don't talk so loud," I told him, feeling the pounding in my head.

"Sorry," he whispered.

"The doc says that you'll be fine," Mal chirped in. I didn't even see him standing there, "Just a concussion."

"That's nothing," I said, starting to sit up.

"I wouldn't do that," Steve told me.

"Why?" I asked, then got dizzy, "Never mind," I finished, and laid back down.

"Hey, we brought someone to see you," Sav stated.

"Hopefully, it's someone with painkillers," I replied.

"Sorry, but she'll make you feel better."

He went to the door and motioned for the person to come in. "Hey there stranger. How are you feeling?" Karla asks me.

"Great," I replied, before sneaking a kiss in.

"No can do Joe."

"Mal, shut up", I replied, "So when can I get out of here?"

"I'll see what I can do," Mal said, and left the room.

About twenty minutes later, Mal came back, and told me that I could go home, but with strict orders from the doctor. I kept nodding my head, as Mal told me the rules. Like I was really going to listen. I got dressed, signed my release forms and kissed the hospital goodbye.

***

One Month Later

The dreams seemed to have stopped for me, ever since being hit by that car. I was finally beginning to feel like myself. Karla and I were growing more serious in our relationship.

I felt like I was on top of the world. That's when I was brought back to reality. We were starting our tour in a couple of weeks. I wasn't ready to go, considering I was still having tremendous headaches and dizzy spells, but I didn't want to put it off either.

One night, the guys stopped by to work on the final details for the tour.

"Is anyone home?" Steve asked.

"Come on in guys," I replied.

"Where are you?" Phil asked.

"On the pot, why?" I yelled from the bathroom.

"Sorry," he answered, laughing.

"Phil, knock it off," I said, so he could hear me.

I finally emerged from the bathroom, and went into the living room. I didn't see anyone in there, but I did hear noises coming from the kitchen.

"Oh no," I groaned to myself. I walked into the kitchen, to find the guys. There they were, raiding the fridge and cupboards. "Guys, if you don't knock it off, there will be no food left," I said.

"We're hungry," Steve replied, with his mouth full.

"Don't you ever eat at home?" I asked.

"No," the four of them said in unison.

"Pigs. I'm surrounded by pigs!" I said, throwing my hands in the air. They broke out in laughter.

I sat down at the table, trying to read the final itinerary for the trip. Of course, with no luck. I couldn't concentrate with all of their chomping and chewing.

I got up from the table and left for another room. I sat down on the couch and continued going over the sheets. The guys came in a few minutes later.

"Are you done with your pig-fest?" I asked them.

"Yep," Sav replied, "How does everything look?"

"It all seems to be in order," I told him.

"Great. When do we leave?" Phil asked.

"In about two weeks," I replied, "Think you can lose all that weight that you guys just gained?"

"Ha ha, very funny," Phil replied. I just smiled at him.

***

We decided that we were going to hit the local strip clubs that night. Yes, even I was going along. The music was blaring when we got there.

I made my way to the bar and placed our orders. I looked around the joint. It was pretty nice. Loud music, lots of lighting, strobes, lasers, stuff like that. I saw Sav walking over to me.

"Just waiting on the drinks," I told him.

"Cool. I'm here to help," Sav said.

We were finally given our drinks, and headed for the table that the other's have found. I handed Steve and Phil theirs and sat down.

"Cool place huh?" Phil shouted over the music. I nodded. "Glad you came with us?"

"I sure am!" I hollered back. "Hey, where's Rick?"

"Over there," Steve said, pointing to the stage.

We all looked to find Rick on stage, dancing with a stripper. I smiled. He looked so cute up there. He was grooving. "Take it off!" Phil yelled.

The stripper looked our way and nodded. "No, I meant Rick!" he yelled back. We burst out laughing, as Rick looked over and blushed.

I almost fell out of my chair, cause I was laughing so hard.

After a few hours, and a few too many drinks, we decided to call it a night. "Um, who's going to drive us?" Sav asked. I was the one, who drove us there, so I had the keys.

"I guess I am," I replied.

"No way. Your bad enough sober. Let me," Rick said. I tossed him the keys, and went to get into the car. That's when I had another thought.

"No. None of us are driving. I'll cal Mal," I said, stumbling for the phone. Luckily, I remembered his number and called. "Hey Mal. The guys and I need a ride home," I said into the receiver.

After a couple of minutes, I found my way back to the guys. "He's comin'," I said.

"I sure hope not," Phil said, "Who's going to pick us up then?"

We broke out in laughter again. I went to step off of the curb and lost my footing and fell on my ass. "Ouch!" I said, and broke out in laughter.

"Mal's here!" Steve yelled. We all piled into his car.

"I can't believe you guys," Mal said.

"Why not?" Rick asked.

"Such boys," he replied and sped off for home.

I managed to unlock the front door, and made my way to the bedroom. I plopped down on the bed and was out like a light.
Sign up to rate and review this story