Categories > Celebrities > Def Leppard > Caught in a Dream

Chapter 4

by robinzan 0 reviews

Joe Elliott has nightmares. Will they come true? A mystery from Joe's POV. XO w/ Jon Bon Jovi

Category: Def Leppard - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Horror, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-12-05 - Updated: 2005-12-05 - 790 words

0Unrated
The Next Night

I found Steve in the kitchen, preparing a chicken to cook. The others were in the living room, drinking away. "Steve. I didn't know you cooked," I said.

"Yeah. I'm pretty good too," he replied.

"So what are you making?" I asked him.

"Chicken!" he replied, laughing.

"I knew that, you idiot," I said, slapping him on the head.

I went to the fridge, and grabbed a beer. "I thought you didn't drink anymore," he said.

"I picked it up again, when those dreams started," I told him, heading into the living room.

I walked in on a game of Twister. The sight before me was hilarious. "Care to join us?" Phil asked, from somewhere underneath.

"No thanks. I'll just watch you guys," I replied, "I wouldn't want to get stuck like that."

"Can someone come and help me in here!" Steve yelled from the kitchen.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back, "What is it?"

"Can you hold this pan for me," he said, working on the last part of the chicken.

"Sure," I said, taking the pan from him, and waited, wondering what he was doing.

That's when he lost his grip on the knife, and it came flying at me. Luckily, I ducked before it hit. "Watch what your doing!" I yelled.

"Sorry about that," he replied, grabbing the knife from the wall. He took the pan from me, and put the chicken in the oven. I just stood there for a minute, getting my nerves settled again.

"You alright?" Steve asked.

"Yeah," I replied, "just be careful next time. That is, if there IS a next time." Steve chuckled.

After dinner, I called Karla. She wasn't home. "Not there?" Sav asked, after seeing me hang up the phone.

"Nope," I replied, "I'm not worried though."

"We're going out. Wanna come along?" Rick said.

"No thanks," I said. I was to damn tired to do much lately.

The guys left, and I settled down on the couch. I was tossing and turning all night. Images of what happened in the kitchen kept flashing in my head. Then I would fall asleep and the dream would come on. By morning, I was a nervous wreck.

***

I decided to get up. It was only nine in the morning. To damn early for me. I put the teapot on the stove. I noticed my hands shaking, when I grabbed a cup from the cupboard.

"Hey Joe, you up!" Sav yelled.

"Yeah. Come in!" I yelled back.

Sav strutted his way into the kitchen. I watched him walk in. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked him, trying not to laugh.

"Trying a new walk. What do you think?" he replied.

"I think that I could dance better than that, and you know that I can't dance," I told him, laughing.

"Phil likes it."

"He would."

I finished making my tea, and went to sit down at the kitchen table. "My god, you're shaking like crazy," Sav said, "Have to much to drink last night?"

"Oh how I wish," I replied.

Sav nodded.

"Seeing Steve in the dream is driving me crazy," I told him, after a few minutes of silence.

"Maybe he's your secret lover," Phil said.

Sav and I looked at him. Neither one of us had heard him come in.

"Shut up you tosser," Sav told him. I just groaned.

"Don't forget the show tonight," he stated.

"Show?" I asked, "What show?"-- I thought for a moment-- "Oh shit! I forgot about that."

We're going to play tonight, to raise money, to help homeless children. I shook my head. "I don't know if I can," I told them.

"Joe, everything will be alright," Sav said.

"Yeah. We'll keep you drinking that tea. Caffeine will keep you up," Phil joined in.

"Yeah, up and pissing all night," I replied. They burst out laughing, and before long, I was laughing with them.

"Come on you two. I've got some shopping to do, and I want you guys to come along," Sav said.

"Don't you mean, cum?" Phil asked him. I burst out laughing again.

"Sex is always on your mind Phil," Sav said.

"It's because he doesn't get enough.," I chimed in.

"I do too!" Phil stated. We climbed into Sav's car and headed off.

It was one o'clock, when we stopped for lunch. We were walking back to our car, which was parked across the street, because the lot was full. We looked both ways, before proceeding across. Sav was telling us some stupid joke, when we heard the screeching tires. I turned my head, to the sound of the tires, and the last thing I heard was Sav telling me to get out of the way.
Sign up to rate and review this story