Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Band of seven's little sister

Chapter 13

by kristinia 0 reviews

Inuyasha, his friends and all of the Band of Seven run into Sesshomaru once more. They find out about Sesshomaru's new arm and Kryn talks about part of her past and why her and Jakotsu are so close.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fantasy - Characters: Ayame, Bankotsu, Inuyasha, Jakotsu, Kagome, Kanna, Kikyo, Kirara, Koga, Miroku, Naraku, Rin, Sango, Sesshoumaru, Shippo - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-07-11 - Updated: 2007-07-11 - 1352 words

0Unrated
Sesshomaru looked up from his perch in a tree golden amber eyes narrowing slightly. He jumped down and landed silently beside the sleeping Rin who was curled up in Ah-Un's side. Sesshomaru settled down at the base of the tree and was alert for any signs of invaders. He glanced towards Rin who whimpered in her sleep before moving towards him unconciously. Sesshomaru gathered her and wrapped his tail around her to keep her warm and he watched as she settled down.

----------

Kryn stared up at the sky her cobalt blue eyes clearly troubled. "Bankotsu, is something wrong with Kryn?" Kagome asked looking towards Kryn who had isolated herself from everyone with concern. "Nah, nothing to worry about, but no one but someone from the Band of Seven should go talk to her though. Even only a selected few from the Band of Seven can talk to her when she's like ths. Usually it's me or Jakotsu, mostly Jakotsu now adays." Bankotsu answered as he watched Jakotsu move towards Kryn.

They watched as Jakotsu sat behind Kryn and once more started braiding her hair while whispering to her softly and Inuyasha intentionally ignored what they were saying. "Why does Jakotsu always braid Kryn's hair?" Kagome asked curiously and Bankotsu paused before answering," That's best for her to tell you all, instead of it coming from someone else's mouth. It is personal for all of us but especially those two." "Bankotsu are you not concerned that Jakotsu seems closer to Kryn than you?" Sango asked curiously.

"Nope, not at all." Bankotsu answered automatically not thinking to hide anything from her even though she had been a former enemy. But she was his girlfriend's best friend so he didn't mind answering her questions. "Why?" Miroku asked suddenly enterring the conversation and Bankotsu blinked before he smiled and answered," Because she is my blood little sister. I will always have a bond with Kryn that the others can't. So it doesn't matter if they seem closer to her than me."

"You... are a weird sibling." Sango said slowly and Bankotsu blinked before sighing and then he smirked as he said," So I am, I admit that. But why do you say that, Sango?" "Because most siblings are protective over their sibling and are jealous when someone else seems closer to them than they are. I know from experience since I have a little brother." Sango answered and something inside of Bankotsu made him go quiet as he stared at Kryn formally.

"I see..." Bankotsu murmured softly as his cobalt blue eyes went blank and Kagome knew it would be useless to talk to him when he was like that.

----------

Sesshomaru looked up and sniffed the air slightly only to frown. Another run in with his half brother was bound to happen, something he couldn't avoid. Sesshomaru looked at a sleeping Rin before looking up at the sky knowing it would be soon.

----------

Bankotsu looked up just as Sesshomaru with Rin on Ah-Un's back and Jaken holding Ah-Un's reins walked into the clearing. Sesshomaru looked towards them his eyes full of disgust and barely disguised hatred for his half brother and his ningen friends. Inuyasha glared at him and Kagome looked between the two half brothers nervously. "I do not wish to fight you this day, Inuyasha." Sesshomaru stated before turning to walk away when Inuyasha asked angrily," How did your arm grow back?!"

Sesshomaru turned to look at him before he answered," You fool, all full demons are capable of regrowing limbs, it is just a matter of years. While I can regrow limbs over years you can not, for you are only a half demon, even with our father's blood in your veins you'll never be able to regrow limbs." Inuyasha growled at the insult as he put his hand on the handle of Tetsusaiga and Sesshomaru watched him with a a careful yet blank look.

"Lord Sesshomaru?" Rin asked groggily and Sesshomaru easily turned to look at Rin who had just woken up. "It's alright, Rin. We are leaving." Sesshomaru answered easily before walking away with Ah-Un and Jaken following him. He did not glance once back towards them nor did he say anything to them. Inuyasha frowned as he took his hand off of Tetsusaiga's handle and Kryn stated," He cares for her, like we care for each other."

--------

Kagome looked over at Kryn to see her tilt her head backwards to let Jakotsu braid all of her hair and she thought," I want to ask her why and how she is so close to Jakotsu but I don't want to in fear that it will cause her pain which I know it would." Kryn closed her eyes as she let Jakotsu braid her hair and she finally opened her cobalt blue eyes before she said," Jakotsu." "Yes? What is it, little sister?" Jakotsu asked blinking in confusion as he looked at Kryn.

"I... think i'll try to be with the others tonight." Kryn said eyes closing partially and Jakotsu blinked in shock before he smiled and chuckled before he said," Then we will be with the others tonight." Jakotsu stood up which caught everyone's attention as he walked in front of Kryn and held out his hand towards her. They watched with tense anticipation as Kryn looked up at Jakotsu and reached out, grabbing his hand. Jakotsu pulled Kryn up to her feet before they walked towards them.

The rest of the Band of Seven stood up waiting for Kryn and Jakotsu to join them. Kryn and Jakotsu stopped in front of them and soon all of the Band of Seven was laughing and rejoicing as Kryn smiled at them softly and even laughed a little with them. Finally when they were calm they sat down with Kryn between Bankotsu and Jakotsu with Kagome on Bankotsu's other side. Kryn closed her eyes and said," It's time I explained why me and Jakotsu are so close."

Everyone snapped to attention and looked towards her and Bankotsu said softly yet caring," You don't have to if you aren't ready, in fact you don't even have to tell them if you don't want to." Kryn looked at him her cobalt blue eyes saddening and a tinge of fear entered her eyes as she said," It affected you just as much as it had affected me... big brother." Bankotsu frowned before looking away showing everyone clearly that he was upset and worried.

Kryn closed her eyes and began softly," The day... Jakotsu saved and the start of how we came to be so close... it was all because of a incident. It had been a warm day but not too hot, it had been just right." Everyone was paying intensive attention to what Kryn was telling them as she continued," That day I went off on my own as my big brothers went to go get food and make sure we had a place to stay at during the night."

"Bankotsu had wanted someone to go with me because he didn't want anything to happen to me... I had been foolish to turn it down and I.. I had been cornered in a ally, without my weapons. That's the greatest mistake I regret and I had paid in a terrible and horrible way. I had been.... raped and Jakotsu found me and saved me. He killed the guy and I didn't realize who he was so I had hit him and beat on him as if to make him let me go."

"Jakotsu took everything, and said nothing, he held me when I realized what had gone on and... I cried. He held me and soothed me before picking me up and taking me back towards our camp. I couldn't tell the others what had happened and Jakotsu took them off to the side and told them in private, instead of in front of me. Bankotsu and the others went on a rage and went back to town and killed the others who had been involved that I didn't know about." Kryn ended her tale.
Sign up to rate and review this story