Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Chuunin Exams

Yamanaka Ino vs. The Rain Ninja

by Shank 0 reviews

Chuunin exams continue and its Inos turn to fight. Can Ino show how much she has improved against a ninja with the home ground advantage and an interesting way of maneovering

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Ino - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-07-12 - Updated: 2007-08-19 - 1428 words - Complete

0Unrated
The Chuunin exams in the valley of rain were about to continue. Aburame Shino had won a very good victory over his counterpart, which was very impressive for improvisation and observation.

The next fight was Yamanaka Ino, against a local from the Hidden valley of rain. She could tell she wasn't the favourite competitor as the crowd cheered for the girl on the opposite side entered. Ino had been able to learn quite a bit from Tsunade and even Sakura, even though she wouldn't tell her that. She wasn't as good with the healing techniques as Sakura, but she still had her techniques handed to her from her father. But she had a little bit of it down and was able to muster up some of the strength Tsunade and Sakura used but once more not as well as the others. She couldn't think about that now, the rain coming down, the cheers from the crowd and the competitor faced off with her. The referee officially began the match.
Ino considered using the mind body switch technique straight away, but didn't know if she would be playing into any trap straight off the bat. The enemy ninja spoke up, "If you are not going to attack. I will." She charged towards Ino and Ino in reaction threw some kunai towards her. She easily dodged it, but wasn't ready for more kunai in the blind spot and seemed to be in no position to move out of the way. Ino was quite happy with this early advantage as this female ninja couldn't match up to her number one female status on Konoha.
Ino wasn't smiling for long, the ninja disappeared and the kunai went straight past where she should have been and dropped to the ground. Where had she gone? Ino checked behind her, above her, moved out of the way in case she was underneath. She wasn't there; she heard the crowd talking, and some even laughing as they knew what was going on. She had to stay calm and concentrate. She felt a presence behind her, she turned around to stop a vital shot but could not stop being kicked and sent flying back landing in the mud. Ino would normally be furious about her hair being so dirty, but she couldn't thin about it for too long. This ninja was vanished again. Ino turned and turned again, this was very troublesome as Shikamaru put it. She couldn't keep turning her head forever; she couldn't concentrate if she didn't know which way the enemy was coming from. Once more, she felt a presence and turned to see her opponent coming at her, she waited for counterattacked but it was only an ordinary clone. The real enemy was just behind her and struck forward with a forceful punch. It was her turn to be shocked though as she hadn't found Ino's vulnerable spot as it was a clone just like her own. She then felt a massive kick to the side of her face and sent flying and crashing as Ino just did. Ino didn't waste anytime; she needed to keep at this ninja without giving her opportunity to fight back. This ninja from the rain village was quite ugly, her hair hung in her face and showed no signs of being taken care of, she was a fighter but Ino wanted to test her taijutsu.
The ninja saw Ino coming and believed she could match her in a quick bout hand to hand. She tried to block a punch from Ino but, couldn't stop Ino's combos of kicks and punches. Her technique was quite good, she was a gifted athlete. The enemy couldn't admire her opponent long as she still had a job to finish. "It seems I can't match your skills Leaf ninja, time to go." Ino charged to grab a hold on the rain ninja but wasn't quick enough. But she was able to see what the technique was. The water ninja was sinking into the puddles caused by the rain. The puddles were very think for puddles but only came up to somebody's ankles, this was her trick, she hide and travel through bodies of water.
Ino jumped back hoping to see some clue as to whether she could find clues to telling where she was in the puddle. She saw something, and smiled, she believed she could tell where she was now but had to pretend she didn't. Whether it was a flaw in the technique or she wasn't able to do it properly yet didn't matter. It was a turn in events for Yamanaka Ino.
She continued to jump back following the ninja with her eyes but pretending she couldn't see. She wasn't sure how she was going to stop her enemy. She could try stomping on the water but believed it probably wouldn't be the best action. Then she thought of something she had seen recently, which may be a way to win the fight directly. She stopped where she still knew where the enemy ninja was. The enemy ninja worked its way behind Ino and sprang up from the puddle where Ino swung a punch but only skimmed the ninja's hip. The ninja used this miss from Ino to her advantage of once more sent Ino flying backwards clutching her face. "You cannot stop me in my own village. It is my village using our techniques." The crowd cheered their competitor and began screaming out a patriotic cry of their village and country. They all wanted to see one of the great shinobi nations lose to their village but Ino wasn't going to lose today. She stood up and got into a fighting stance.
"I admire your skills and will, but this ends now". This time the ninja didn't sink into the puddles but faded into the rain coming down around them. She was going to move through the rain, Ino hoped her plan would still work. She looked around her, waiting too see something, and then she saw it again. She lifted her hands up and made her seals, "Mind disturbance technique". She instantly heard a gasping sound; she had successfully caught her opponent in her technique. "How did you know I was here?" Ino looked into the rain but knew she was still there, "I noticed you moving through the bodies of water and saw that some puddles were not showing any droplets from the rain on them. You thought by fading into the rain to finish me off was going to frighten me into making a mistake but I was counting on you doing this. It was a little tricky but after I looked I saw some droplets of rain suspended in mid air, not moving so I knew you were there."
"What do you plan to do now though?" Once more Ino smiled, and kept her enemy trapped in her technique. "You should have taken some tips from the last fight. Our own ninja Aburame Shino could have shown you a thing or too in planning ahead and disguising attacks."

Shino smiled under his coat, he knew what she had done now and appreciated the compliment as he never really got too many because he never spoke to anybody. Sakura was hoping she would win too, their rivalry had made them better, but they had become quite close with each other.

Ino smiled back on the battleground. Then something was flaring in mid air. An explosion note began sparking. Ino waited and used the time to gather all the chakra to her hand for a one punch knockout that Tsunade and Sakura could do very well. The note exploded, and the enemy ninja became visible and flying towards Ino who had a clean shot straight to the face of the Rain ninja. The strength she gathered with her chakra made this the winning punch and the ninja did not get up. She had officially won the match and cheered and cheered, but wanted to go wash her hair. The crowd were disappointed their ninja lost but applauded Ino on her efforts to win.

Sakura watching the fight with Chouji had to explain to him how she had won. "Before, she let the Rain ninja in behind her. She purposely missed the punch and put the explosion note onto her back. She was prepared to get hit that time for her ultimate plan to work." She and Chouji applauded Ino and all congratulated her when she got back to the under croft area watching the battle field.
Sign up to rate and review this story