Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Chuunin Exams

Kankuro vs. The Out Of Body Ninja

by Shank 0 reviews

Chuunin exams continue with Kankuros turn to fight. Can Kankuro fight a ninja when he doesnt know which direction he will be hit from?

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Kankurou - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-07-12 - Updated: 2007-07-12 - 814 words - Complete

0Unrated
The next fight for the Chuunin exams was going to take place. Aburame Shino had won as well as Yamanaka Ino. The first fighter from the Hidden village of Sand was up. Kankuro, ready to fight.
Kiba wished him the best of luck and he made his way to the battleground. It was still raining. Not too heavily, which was good, he was glad he used summoning scrolls for his puppets instead of carrying them; in this weather it made things much easier. His opponent for the match was another ninja from the rain village. He wouldn't be the favourite again, how troublesome. The referee stood and began the match.
Kankuro took out his scrolls and summoned Karasu. The female enemy looked at him, sizing up his puppet and how he controlled it. The crowd as well was quite interested in this kind of style. She did some seals and Kankuro waited for something to happen. She began to edge forward towards him and it was here that Kankuro noticed something out of the corner of his eye. It was the ninja he was fighting. Was it a clone? No, an average clone couldn't travel that quickly and that far away from the body, it didn't seem right. He was now caught from behind and in front. The charging ninja took this opportunity to leap in towards Kankuro while he was occupied. Kankuro was too quick though, he jumped out of the way firing poison darts at both figures.
One of the figures disappeared and she prepared herself for her next attack. She grabbed some kunai from her belt and threw them at Kankuro. Such an attack was so useless Kankuro expected there to be a trick to it. But what was it? Then as the kunai approached, the second form appeared again and caught the kunai in mid flight ran to a different position and re threw them. Clever, waiting for Kankuro to react to the first stimulus and then change its course to therefore make Kankuro rethink his actions. It still wasn't enough; Karasu got in the way and blocked the kunai. But the attack was not over; kunai came directly at him and were very close, the other attack was to get Karasu out of the way and now it was aimed at taking him down. Karasu didn't have enough time to move out of the way. He moved his fingers around making Sanshouo spring up from the ground camouflaged in with the mud and encase Kankuro within it.
Kankuro looked around, trying to work out the trick to her attacks. He couldn't quite understand them. He found his enemy, standing a distance back, looking at Sanshouo. Kankuro prepared to bring himself out of there when he looked to the other half of his space. The ninja was in there with him, it wasn't possible? Kankuro was shocked and drew his kunai but wasn't as quick as the opponent who was able to jab it into Kankuro's hip.
He jumped out of his puppet ready for any immediate threat. The ninja in the puppet with him was gone, but the one a distance away began walking towards him, enough to be heard. "Your puppets cannot stop someone who can astral travel Wind Ninja."
So that was her trick, astral projection. She could go through matter and even bring a solid fighting body as if it were a shadow clone. Kankuro favored his wound, this technique was troublesome, but there was a flaw in it. This could be over in the next move as he wished to fight no longer in the cold with the wound.
He charged at the ninja taking Sanshouo and Karasu with him. It slowed him down to move with both, so he cut off Sanshouo's chakra string. Karasu spat poison needles to get it moving and shot poison gas where she stopped to pressure her movement. He was still a distance away when there was a body next to him with a kunai aiming for the same wound, Karasu was too quick through to slice through this projected body with the blade hidden in its mouth.
Kankuro got to the body in the poison gas and took the action to kill but it also disappeared as a projection form. Behind him was the real one with the open shot to end the fight, Kankuro twiddled his fingers and back where Sanshouo something happened. Its back opened up and bought Kuroari out in all its glory. It came from behind and encased the enemy ninja within it. "I was never going to use Sanshouo but use it to store my trap puppet." He wanted to do his black secret technique, but decided not too, there was no way out and the referee had also believed the match to be over. Kankuro had won his fight against the enemy.
Sign up to rate and review this story