Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Chuunin Exams

Kiba vs The Worm Ninja

by Shank 0 reviews

Chuunin exam continues and it is Kiba's turn to fight but can he match this ninjas intersting style of fighting.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Kiba - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-07-19 - Updated: 2007-08-19 - 1459 words - Complete

0Unrated
Inuzuka Kiba's turn to step onto the battlefield, he had very much been looking forward to this moment from the second he had lost in his match against Naruto in the preliminaries. He had grown a lot in his mental attitude as well as physical capabilities, he wouldn't underestimate whoever his partner was and Akamaru was also ready for the fight. He would show Shino he was still a good fighter and not surpassed by his teammate.


He stepped on the field and so did his opponent. He was about the same size as himself and also wore a coat; he was from the valley of rain, which meant he was used to these conditions and fighting. The rain would also impact on Kiba's and Akamaru's smell which he hoped he wouldn't need too much. The referee began the match and none of the fighters moved straight away, they squared off and both thought about their plan of attack.
Kiba and Akamaru moved in carefully and the enemy also started to move in. the enemy charged in to be met by Akamaru. Akamaru took him down and was on top of him, and then something happened, nobody could see but Akamaru was swung away and smashed into the ground. Kiba couldn't make out what happened but no one would do that to Akamaru and get away with it. Kiba began to charge at the enemy but couldn't move, what was going on? He looked to his feet which were tied down by something spurting up from the ground. Had he summoned tree roots? Or maybe ropes maneuver of some sort? Kiba looked up from his feet to find his opponent on top of him, he had drawn a kunai for an instant kill, which Kiba was only just able to block but left him open to a secondary punch which he couldn't block. It smashed him and the face and was a solid punch.


Shino was watching the fight and had figured what kind of techniques was being used here. It was quite interesting and Shino wished he could have matched up with this ninja. Against Kiba and the dog, this could be potentially troubling.

Kiba got off the ground favoring his face and was subject to another shot from the enemy to the ribs sending him even further back than the previous shot. The enemy was quick, but really wasn't overly quick. He readied himself for another attack, but was shocked to see that the enemy was going after Akamaru on the floor. He got up and charged in, not thinking that it was a trap to really get Kiba.
Another rope like tentacle came up from the ground and slapped Kiba in the face and left his whole torso open to yet another shot from the enemy. Kiba was getting beaten down badly and the crowd was cheering on their home grown ninja as he made one of the great shinobi nation ninjas appear weak. Kiba was from the Inuzuka clan and was not going to lose but he had to stop taking damage, he got up again.
"You got guts, Leaf Ninja. But you can't keep getting up." Kiba could get up as many times as he wanted, he was not going to let this ninja beat him. He tried to smell what was attacking him but the rain and the mud and fact that whatever it was, was underground meant he couldn't smell anything. He needed Akamaru for some moves; he needed to get to Akamaru and had an idea to be able to help his dog. He did his seals and carried out his Beast Mimicry technique to give him better speed and strength and also animalistic movement which would hopefully be harder to read by the enemy.
Kiba charged at the enemy who was doing some seals and three tentacles came out of the ground and tried to either whack Kiba or seize him in their clutches. Kiba was too quick though dodging through all of them and heading straight for the enemy. The enemy moved out of the way and Kiba kept going until he got to Akamaru. "So that is what you came for? Your dog will not prove any good now."
Kiba knew a little force like that wouldn't keep his dog from fighting. Akamaru woke up as if knowing Kiba had picked him up and barked letting him know he was ready to fight. They moved into different positions, to surround the enemy and both waiting for whatever the tentacles were to come out of the ground.
Kiba was waiting for the time to charge in but something happened. Akamaru fainted out of nowhere. "Akamaru?" Kiba said and the enemy ninja laughed.
"I told you, your dog will not prove any good now." Kiba foolishly tried to get to his dog again but left himself wide open to attack and a painful kick from the enemy. Kiba was on the ground; he couldn't move properly and was in a great deal of pain. He put his arms in front of him and attempted to push himself up but couldn't, he have any more strength.
"Seems like I faced the weakest of the Leaf Ninja's", the rain villagers still cheering for their ninja. Something triggered in Kiba's memory. He recalled his fight with Naruto in the preliminary. How Naruto got back up every time he knocked him down and how demoralizing it was to see that nothing would keep him down. How someone as untalented as Naruto would get the best of him because of sheer determination and he was gone now getting even better. Kiba wouldn't let it end like this, he was a representative of the Inuzuka clan and would win, and he had to win. He used every bit of strength he had to get up off the ground and wiped the cuts which dropped blood onto his face. "You challenge me here as a weak ninja makes you the underdog." The enemy ninja laughed again and prepared an attack.
Kiba threw some kunai to get him moving, but he merely made a tentacle to come up and intercept it and throw it straight back. Kiba once again in Beast Mimicry was too fast and able to get into another position to throw a kunai. This made the enemy have to move and left him open for Kiba's first real shot of the match. The crowd groaned and the Leaf Ninja's watching all cheered. The enemy had to get up from the ground from being outdone in this bout. Kiba used it to go to Akamaru, he had no more strength, and almost like something was...Kiba found it and realized what the techniques were.
Worms was attached to Akamaru like some kind of parasite. Kiba took them off and realized they were not tentacles, but worms. But he didn't appear to be like Shino and hold these worms within him; he was summoning these worms which meant he could summon different size and types of worms for his bidding. "So you found my techniques? Yes, I use worms and would have loved to face your little bug ninja."

Shino was agitated to hear this from the side and hoped that Kiba would be able to beat him and prove that Leaf ninjas were the superior and that he was the best bug user out of all Genins.

Kiba gave Akamaru a soldier pill and Akamaru sprang to life as if he had never been better. The expression on the enemy's face gave Kiba confidence to win and to show everyone how good he was.
Kiba and Akamaru did the Beast Clone technique so they looked alike and both moved very quickly. All tentacles and worm tricks were no match for the speed and Kiba was able to force the enemy into a position where he had to use his special move to get out of the bad situation. "Worm Destroyer". A worm came up from the ground and headed in the direction of Kiba. It was long and had a mouth with teeth; it would be able to tear him apart if it got a hold of him. Kiba got Akamaru in for their technique now, "Double fang destroyer". Both spun and the approaching worm monster was taken apart by the speed and force of their spinning technique. They continued this into the enemy who was unable to dodge it. Kiba stopped the technique and finished his opponent off with a taijutsu combo he had been practicing before the exam.
it was all over and he had won for himself, his village and his clan. The crowd were again very disappointed but clapped none the less.
Sign up to rate and review this story