Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Look For The Boy with a Broken Smile

[[05.]]

by zildjian1039 4 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-07-12 - Updated: 2008-12-28 - 668 words

0Unrated
12-25-2005
"Merry Christmas Allie!"
My eyes were forced open from a deep sleep to see my parents in my room,smiling.
I pulled myself out of bed and hugged them both.
"Merry Christmas to you,too"
I heard pots and pans clanging and kids running downstairs.
"I'm guessing the family is here?"
"You bet",Dad said,and he hurried downstairs to answer the door for more relatives.

Christmas,for as long as I can remember,has been a huge deal for my family.Relatives came from all over the country to visit,and me,being one of the few teens in the family,always got spoiled.

Now that I was 17, Christmas wasn't as exciting as it used to be years ago. It was still my favorite holiday though.I took a shower and did my hair, and finally made my way into the living room.Of course,I was hugged and kissed by every relative...there was a couple people I didn't even remember. It's hard work memorizing a bunch of people's names.

After all the presents had been opened,I sat in the living room,surrounded by a mess of shredded papers,boxes,and bags. My dad entered the room,with a small gift box,wrapped up neatly.
"I think you missed this one Allie,it's for you."
I opened it up,revealing a keychain with a car key on it.
"OH MY GOSH!",I screamed.
"It's in the driveway",mom came in the room smiling.
I jammed my sneakers on and raced out into the driveway.A brand new,white Scion TC sat with a huge red bow.I was literally stunned. I'd been eyeing this car forever and I couldn't believe I had the keys to my own.
I ran to my parents and hugged them as tight as I could,thanking them over and over. Best Christmas ever,by the way.
---
Later on,I decided to go out and break in my car with a test drive.I took a glance over towards Patrick's house,and saw his dad stumbling into the old beat up truck.
Oh God.Don't tell me he's hitting the bar on Christmas
After the truck pulled away,I walked slowly to Patrick's house.
Peeking through the window,I saw Patrick,alone,sitting on the couch.There were no presents under the tree,or anywhere for that matter.
I crept away from the window,eyes filling with hot tears.
Then the thought came to me.
I raced to my house,as fast as I could,up the stairs and into my room. I pulled the guitar out of my closet,dusted it off and grabbed a roll of wrapping paper. I then went to town wrapping it.

I carried the awkward package over to the house,set it on the doorstep,knocked and ran. Peering from behind a tree I saw Patrick swing the door open,looking confused at the package. Realizing what it was,a huge smile swept his face,and I smiled with him. Seeing him smile was the best gift I could have ever gotten.
I walked home,knowing my decision was the best one I had ever made.
---

I was playing PS2 with my little cousins when my mom called from down the stairs.
"Allie!Your friend is here."
I knew just who it was,and I dropped the controller and bounded down the stairs.
Patrick stood on the porch,smiling the exact same way he did when he saw his gift.
"Allie...I can't thank you-"
"Don't",I interrupted."You deserve it. More than anyone in the world."
He wrapped his arms around me tight. I couldn't see my own face but let me tell you, I was blushing.
"Thank you.It means the world to me."
I grinned.
"Wanna come in?"
"Er..I don't wanna interrupt your family-"
"Oh please.We have about 40 people here already.One more won't hurt at all.Especially when it's my favorite person in the world."
Sign up to rate and review this story