Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Look For The Boy with a Broken Smile

[[06.]]

by zildjian1039 8 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-07-12 - Updated: 2008-12-28 - 875 words

0Unrated
1-15-2006
"Allie!!What is going on with you?",my coach scolded.
I was silent. But inside I felt like screaming at him.
"Don't you have anything to say?My 10 year old could play better than what you're showing me right now."
"I'm sorry coach...I'll try harder." Oh good one Allie. Show him how you REALLY feel.
The man crossed his arms.
"You damn well better.Or we'll be re-electing a new team captain."
The whistle blew.
"Go."
I raced onto the court.I had played volleyball for as long as I could remember.I usually played really good.I had already gotten scholarship offers for my performances in the sport,but lately,especially today,I just wasn't on top of my game.
I had too much on my mind,that was the problem. School was coming to an end,testing was coming up,not to mention Darin was moving to Florida. And Patrick. Every time I saw him ,he had a new bruise or cut. I had suggested that he went to the police,and he said he'd rather be with his dad than in some foster home. Kid was too nice for his own good.
The gymnasium doors opened,and Patrick slid in,taking a seat on the bleachers quickly.I gave him a quick wave.
"ALLIE THAT'S ALL YOURS"
I turned to see a ball flying towards me.I dove to hit it,but it bounced to the ground.
The other team cheered.
The game was over and I had given up the winning point.
I turned,shamefully leaving the court. I had never been more ashamed
My coach ran to me. I knew what I had coming.
"ALLIE,WHAT WAS-"
"I KNOW.",I shouted back. "I KNOW IT WAS HORRIBLE,I KNOW I COULD HAVE DONE BETTER,I KNOW."
Tears welled up in my eyes and I made a run for the door.
I then stormed towards the locker room in a fit of rage,cussing the entire way.
"Allie",Patrick called from behind.
"WHAT PATRICK?",I stopped, turning around.
My head met his shoulder and I just let it all out.
"Shhhh,don't worry Allie.",he comforted me,holding me tight.
"Today has been horrible.Between volleyball and-"
"I know.Try not to think about it."
After a few minutes,I calmed down. He made me feel relaxed.
"Are you busy tonight?"
I thought for a minute.
"Patrick I don't know if I want to do anything tonight."
"But I think it will cheer you up.",he said with a grin.
How could I resist that smile?
"Fine.What do you wanna do?"
"Well I figured...first we could get something to eat.Then we could probably see what's playing at the movies.Then the last part is a surprise."
"...Patrick are you asking me on a date?"
/Pleaase say yes/,I thought.
He laughed.
"It's whatever you want it to be."
Well I want it to be a date. But I would never admit.
"I'll pick you up around 6?",he said with confidence.
"I'll be ready."
---
A couple hours later, I saw his familiar Civic parked out front. I grabbed my purse, took one last glance in the mirror and headed to his car.
He greeted me with a smile, and a reminder to put my seatbelt on.
He jammed a Circa Survive cd in and we were off to my favorite restaurant [The 99].
---

"My dad didn't come home last night...It sounds kind of mean,but I hope he gets jailed for drunk driving or something.He's really gonna end up hurting someone."
I listened while stuffing my face with gold fever chicken wings.
"I mean...he wasn't always like this. Everything went downhill after my mom died. He started drinking and stuff. I just hope I never end up like him."
The rest of the time, we talked about my volleyball game, and a couple of our school projects. We had a great time though, he had me laughing the whole time.

After we had eaten and watched a movie, it was already dark out.
We got in the car,and Patrick started to drive the opposite way from our neighborhood.
"Where to?",I questioned.
"You'll see.",he grinned.
We reached the top of a high hill,and he parked the car.
It was a beautiful view of the city,and it looked like every star in the sky was out.Stars began to shoot across the sky.
I had no words. My breath had been taken from me.
"This is so beautiful.",I commented as I stared up into endless space.
The two of us sat down,staring up at the black sky dusted with silver stars.
"Did you wish on a star?" ,I asked,after a long silence.
He paused.
"Yeah.I wished that I was brave."
"Brave?Why?"
He leaned over to me, putting his hand on my cheek. And without a word, his lips pressed to mine paralyzing me for the few seconds it lasted.
His lips parted from mine[sadly]
"Now tell me what you wished for.",he politely demanded.
"I wished that the most amazing boy in the world would kiss me.And my wish just came true."
Sign up to rate and review this story