Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Look For The Boy with a Broken Smile

[[09.]]

by zildjian1039 3 reviews

eknd

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Published: 2007-07-14 - Updated: 2007-07-14 - 975 words

1Original
1-16-2006
To be honest, I didn't even know where I was going. I thought about going back inside and getting the keys to my car, but I had already went on a hunt for them earlier. My dad hid things well.
He especially hid the fact that he was selfish. Selfish for not giving Patrick the chance he deserved and not caring about his daughter's feelings. Or maybe I was the one being selfish. Maybe dad knew something about Patrick that I didn't, and was just trying to save me from getting hurt.
But there was no way. Patrick was perfect in every single way, in my eyes.
These thoughts raced through my head, as I walked aimlessly through my back yard. My dad hadn't tried to find me yet, so I fumbled through the darkness into Patrick's yard,and towards a dim light coming from his bedroom window. I was hoping he'd be awake, so he could hold me and tell me everything was ok.
I reached the window,and peered in only to see Patrick curled up in his bed sleeping.
A dim light reflected off his face from a fishtank in the corner of the room,and he wore a slight smile in his sleep.
My angry expression softened as I watched him sleeping peacefully,probably dreaming.
The boy who has nothing can sleep at night without a care in the world.
And the girl who seemingly has it all is left cold and wandering in the dark.
How does that work out?
I lifted my hand to tap on the window, but stopped. He looked way too comfortable to disturb, and he probably needed rest from the long day they had.
Taking one last glance at him, I stepped away from the house and went back towards my yard,contemplating where to go.
I know one thing,I'm sure as hell not going back home.
I climbed into the treehouse my dad and I built years ago,and faced my own home, waiting for someone to come out of the door looking for her. Waiting for someone to care.
Every light remained off in my house. The door stayed shut,and eventually my eyes seconded the motion.
---
1-17-2006
"Al?"
I sat up,blinking hard to try to see past the bright morning sun. I finally realized where I was. I stayed up in the tree all night.
"Al,what are you doing up there?"
I peered over the edge to see Patrick gazing up at me,puzzled.
"Come up here and I'll tell you."
He climbed up the rotting wooden ladder carefully and plopped next to me on the hard tree house floor.
"So.What made you decide to camp out?"
"My dad. He's being a total jerk about us. He doesn't know what he's talking about and he tries to pretend he does..."
I ranted for a few minutes about how unfair my dad was being and how I wished I could move out of my house.
Patrick took my hand.
"Allie, whatever happens,I'm not going anywhere. And I hope you aren't either."
"Of course I'm not.I would like to get out of this treehouse,though.",I joked.
"Well I'm going downtown to meet Pete and the rest of the guys for lunch.Wanna come along?I'm sure they'd love to meet you."
"The rest of the guys?"
"The rest of the band.Remember I told you?Their names are Andy and Joe."
"Ah ok.I got it. Sure,I'll come."
"Wait..what about the old man?"
"I'll tell him I went out to lunch with Alexis or something."
He climbed down the treehouse ladder and waited for me. I climbed down too, and he took my hand helping me down the last few rungs.
"I'm gonna run inside and clean up real quick. My parents are at work."
---
When I came back out Patrick was sitting on the bottom step of my porch.
"Allie can I tell you something?"
"Anything but goodbye."
"Okay." he looked serious."You're gonna lose the race to my car."
It took a second for me to figure it out and he was off and running by the time it clicked.
"DAMN IT PATRICK!" I sprinted after him
---
We walked into the diner,and Patrick scanned the tables until he spotted the three guys in the corner waving wildly. We made our way to the booth and sat down.
"Guys,this is my girlfriend Allie.Allie,this is Andy,Joe,and of course Pete."
"So how much did he pay you to pretend to be his girlfriend?", Pete asked while he fiddled with his Nintendo DS.
"Or guy."Joe added.
Pete elbowed him.
"Ohhh funny Pete. I don't see any lady hanging on your arm.".Patrick rolled his eyes.
"Yeah, I have all I can do to keep 'em off."
"Well Trick,you landed a hot one.She's a keeper.",Joe stated with a whistle.
---
After we finished their food,and Joe and Pete had made more than enough suggestive comments toward our elderly waitress,we decided to head out.
"Let's go to my place and try to play some music.",Pete suggested with a mouthful of fries.
"And think of a band name.",Andy added. Andy was such a sweetheart. He was quiet and shy.
"Oh!I have our band name.Ready?FALL OUT BOY.Tell me you can't see that name in lights?",Joe said,nodding in agreement to his own idea.
"Fall Out Boy?"Patrick seemed hesitant."Idunno,sounds pretty good to me."
Pete jumped into the back of Joe's pickup truck.
"Fall Out Boy it is.Let's go write our first hit single now.",Pete smiled.
I could already tell these boys were family. Semi-annoying family,but hey at least they were there.
Sign up to rate and review this story