Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Sisterly Love

I've Never Broken A Promise Before

by GeeDeexx 8 reviews

She was adopted. Given up at birth, her brother didn't even know she existed, until one day....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-07-14 - Updated: 2008-03-31 - 1132 words

2Exciting
Gonna be a short one. Sorreh. I have to sneak on the computer now-a-days.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


That thought had never occurred to him. Then again, all of it was possible.
All of it.
"Mikey, you still haven't told us what she said." Mikey just shook his head and continued chewing on the arm of his glasses. They were all in the tiny waiting room, with too much air conditioning and fake white light. Shivering and contemplating everything, there was a little screech as El's hospital room's door closed. The doctor came out, holding a clipboard.
"Mr. Iero? You're her brother?" Frankie nodded, the seriousness of the situation setting off a stony glow to his features.
"Is she all right?" Mikey blurted, eyes growing hot. "I-I mean, will she be all right?" The doctor glanced at his clipboard, then up to Mikey.
"Yes, she should be fine." The quivering in Mikey's breath came to a stop. Breathing evenly again, the boy placed his glasses back on.
"Can we see her?" Frankie asked, glancing at the guys. Bob chewed on a stubby nail as his blue eyes glared at the floor, Ray tugged on one of his curly locks, and Gerard kept tapping his finger on the chair.
"She's sleeping right now, but you could-" Mikey stood up before he could finish, and then strode over to her door, which wasn't far away. Hand on the door knob of the glass door, he gave one glance at the doctor, who sent him a reassuring look that everything was OK, everything would be fine.

Frankie's P.O.V.
- - - - - - - - -

I watched as Mikey sped into the room. Okay, I should've been following, but there I was, standing, eyes cast down. I still couldn't believe Trevor would do that. Never had I actually spoken to him, but he looked like a nice guy.
I guess looks can be deceiving.
"Mr. Iero?" My head slipped upward and I met my gaze with the doctor. Actually, I looked up at him, because I'm so damn short.
"Yeah, that's me."
"We might need a blood donor, seeing as she lost so much blood. Since you're her brother-"
"I'll do it." I cut him off, crossing my arms. The doctor nodded and smiled slightly. "What was your name again?"
"Dr. Ryan." I nodded.
"Just wanted to know."

- - - - -
Mikey's P.O.V.
- - - - -
"El-" Was the only word I muttered as I halfway stampeded into the room. Quickly I fumbled to her side, careful not to bump the small device clamped around her finger that monitored her heartbeat of something. She slept peacefully, mouth closed, head tilted slightly to the right. I brushed my right hand against her cheek wordlessly, and weakly her eyes fluttered open to slits.
"Mikey?" The girl paused, then opened her eyes fully, accepting the light. "Mikey, I missed you so much, and T- Trevor, he just-"
"Shhh, El, it's all right." Elvis closed her eyes, then let out a puff of breath.
"I broke a promise," She muttered, tilting her head the opposite direction. I didn't say anything, yet I pondered it in my head. What promise?
The girl's breathing evened, and she began to drift off. I dropped my hand from her side, then plopped down in the visitor's chair and began to slide off my glasses so I could chew on the arm of them again.
"Hey, Mikes, you doing okay?" Bob asked, sliding the door shut behind him.
"Peachy." I responded, keeping my gaze locked on my shoes. Bob sighed slightly, then sat down silently on the chair next to me.
"I figured you wouldn't be in the mood for some stimulating conversation, but... You never told us what El told you."
"Maybe it's a secret."
"Look, seriously. Good news, bad news?" I hesitated. Mainly good, partly bad. Depends on which way you look at it.
"Good news. And bad news."
"Then why the hell aren't you telling us?" I twisted my gaze up to Bob's baby blues. To tell the truth, I didn't know why I was hiding it. Keeping suspense, maybe.
"I'll tell you later, all right?" After I spat that, I realized I was being a little too bitter. Bob turned his head away, then crossed his arms. Really, they had a right to know. "Look, Bob, I'm just not in the mood to talk."
"Yeah. I can see why. None of us are. But it's just one sentence. Can't you tell us?" I rubbed my hand on my face, then pushed my glasses up on the bridge of my nose.
"She said-" I began, but El cut me off.

EL'S P.O.V.
- - - - - - -

"Where's Gee?" I stuttered, almost sitting up, then cringing at the aches and pains in my body.
"He's outside, I think- we've run out of chairs." Bob explained, standing up simotanious with Mikey.
"Why?" Mik asked, and I shook my head.
"I just need to talk to him." As I was finishing the last word, Gerard came in quietly. He paused, then let the door close behind him.
"Well jeez, gimme a spotlight or something, too." Bob and Mikey turned their gazes from him.
"Gerard, I'm real sorry about before."
"Um. It'd be nice if I knew what you were talking about." He said, and I shook my head.
"Well, I made you a promise, and then I just walked away and broke it like an hour later." I said, and then ran a hand through my hair.
"Oh. That. El, it's fine."
"Really? I've never broken a promise before." Gerard smiled.
"Really. It's fine, Elvis. And by the way, since when do you like peppermint?" I felt myself blush. Forgot about that.
"I don't, actually. Honestly, I have no idea why I was eating those..."
"And then you just decided you liked peppermint?" I smiled and nodded.
"I'm just spontaneous like that."

- - - - - - -
"Mikey, you never told me what El said." Gerard said, slipping out of the room. Mikey had been headed for the bathroom, and the rest of the band was sitting in El's room.
"Yeah, I didn't tell anyone what El said. Now it's like the fuckin' Da Vinci code or something."
"Why aren't you telling anybody?" Mikey paused.
"I wanted El to tell you guys. Well, me and El." Gerard stopped walking, then grabbed Mikey's wrist.
"Please tell me that you guys..." His eyes were wide. Maybe he had figured it out.
"Oh, God, Gerard... Code blue."

- - - - - -
Code blue, anyone? Remember?
Hehe.
Sign up to rate and review this story