Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Creeps Me Out

It's Your Heart That You Betray

by moocow 3 reviews

The first thing I've written in a month.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2007-07-16 - Updated: 2007-07-16 - 1632 words - Complete

0Unrated
It was Patrick's worst nightmare. The last day of touring had arrived, and his heart was racing at the thoughts of Ally being ripped from him. Even though she was already completely engrossed in ignoring him, he knew it was over after this. Patrick had to take a detour to LA to pick up Claire while Joe swept Ally up and took her away to Chicago. He was furious, but he knew that there was nothing he could do.

Patrick was the first person to arrive at the bus after their last show and found that it was pretty much cluttered with everybody's packed bags, except for his own. He had too much on his mind to spend packing when he could do it at the last moment. He stood there hunched over his bunk with a solemn expression plastered on his lips.

"Patrick?" his head swam with new thoughts and he slowly turned his head to see Ally wrapped up in a towel, her hair slightly damp and hanging on her shoulders. He gulped deeply and stammered over a response.

"Um, Ally," he forced a smile and adverted his eyes, closing them as she walked to the only open bag she had with her things. He turned his back to her and quickly packed everything up, his hands shaking as he did so. Ally's hands curled around his wrists and he sighed out, opening his eyes to see hers burning into his already.

"What are you thinking, Patrick?" she asked. He looked away and ripped his hands away, her expression faltering.

"Why you are doing this to me," he responded, slowly blinking as he looked back to her. Ally crossed her arms and shook her head.

"You are a jerk," she whispered. "You don't understand what you are doing, do you?" she asked. Patrick shrugged.

"Tell me what you know," Ally lowered her eyes to her feet.

"You are acting like a fool by going back to your ex-girlfriend that cheated on you," she gulped and raised her eyes up to his again. "And didn't even care that you hurt me in the process," Patrick didn't even get the chance to respond. Andy came in through the bunks and eyed the two holding a serious glance.

"Uhh, Ally?" he called. She turned her head to look at him and smiled softly, Patrick shaking his head and going back to packing his things.

"What is it, Andy?" she asked. He jabbed a thumb back and shrugged.

"Joe says to grab your things and say bye, the flight back to Chicago is soon," Ally nodded and Patrick slowed his actions, wanting to listen in. Ally nodded and moved to grab her things while Andy took a worried glance at Patrick.

"Dude, you alright?" he asked. Patrick sighed deeply.

"Sure," he whispered. "Can I at least get a 'goodbye', Ally?" he asked and turned around but felt his heart sink at seeing Andy with a saddened look but no Ally.

He rushed past Andy and out the bus where he saw her climbing into a white van that was transporting people to the airport, Joe holding the door open for her. He was so tempted to run after her and end the madness at that moment but shook his thoughts away.

She deserved much better.



It had been Ally's first month away from Patrick. She had only heard from him, but never saw him around. Joe had been sheltering her at his own home, though she felt like she was an invasion of his privacy. However, Joe did not mind, nor care. Ally was a welcome guest in his apartment, always calm and cleaned up after herself. She was a good use of company as well and never complained about Joe's habits unlike the rest of the band.

Today was just another normal day; her hands were busy scribbling down random thoughts in what Joe had purchased for her, something he called a "diary" saying it helped Pete when he got in that dark place. She needed to learn how to breathe again, on her own without someone there to carry her to something amazing.

A soft knock came to the white wood of her guest room, and she turned her head slowly, not wanting to be distracted in her writing. She reluctantly tore her eyes away from the lines to see Joe leaning against the doorframe.

"Hey," she smiled, bringing her knees up and letting the pencil fall into her lap. Joe smiled softly back, his eyes observing what she had done to her room in the past month.

"I was wondering if you were up for visiting the venue that we are playing at tomorrow and Patrick is going to..." Ally laughed softly and shook her head, standing up.

"Sure, I'll come," Joe knitted his eyebrows together but didn't question Ally any further. He knew she had gotten the strength she needed.

"Uh well, it's not until later so," Ally turned from her dresser to watch Joe walk into the room and take a seat next to her notebook.

"Oh," she paused. "Well, ok then," she laughed a little uneasily and walked back over to where he was, taking a seat next to him and placing the notebook on her lap, slowly beginning to scribble again.

"Well this is weird," Joe mumbled. Ally turned her head to look at him.

"What?" she asked, glancing down to dot the "I" in her sentence. Joe shrugged.

"Just to watch somebody write; Pete never lets us in on what is going on," Ally glanced up at him again and took a nervous breath.

"Did you guys..." she trailed off but then shook her head. "Never mind," Joe raised an eyebrow and placed a hand on her shoulder. Ally tensed slightly.

"What were you going to say?" he asked her. Ally gulped.

"Well, I was just wondering if you guys ever figured out why I didn't go all," Joe cut her off.

"When you kissed me?" he asked. Ally nodded.

"I'm just a little confused because Patrick told me that it wasn't like that at all," she paused to move her notebook to the side and turn her body to face Joe a little bit more. "He said that I would be his until..." Joe shook his head and moved to hug her.

"It's not something you need to worry about, ok Ally?" he asked. Ally nodded into his shoulder and pulled away, gently placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Am I flawed?" she whispered next. Joe blinked, a little dumbfounded by this but raised his hands and pushed back her growing curls.

"Everybody is flawed, Ally," he mumbled. Her eyes grew a little glossy and she brought her bottom lip between her teeth.

"Will you show me?"



Patrick gulped and lowered his head as he pulled his car into the driveway of his familiar "second home". He was still distraught over the happenings that occurred over a month ago. Claire looked over at him and scoffed.

"Why are we here again?" she asked. Patrick winced.

"We are picking up Joe and," he paused. "Ally," Claire raised an eyebrow.

"What is your problem?" she asked. Patrick shook his head and in a swift movement, picked up his hat and combed his hair back before pulling his trademark back down.

"I'll be out in a bit," Claire rolled her eyes and brought down the mirror and began to touch up her makeup.

Patrick walked around the car and briefly glanced back at her before knocking on the door. He sighed deeply and began cursing under his breath with each second that passed in his mind. He didn't want to be here, but was chosen due to the fact both Pete and Andy were busy with their lives.

After a few minutes, he shook his head and reached down, grabbing the key from under the flower pot and making his way through the house. He paused in the kitchen and smiled at the sight of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.

"I hope Ally baked these," he muttered to himself before snatching one and taking a small nibble as he walked down the hall and to the first door he saw, closing his eyes as he took another bite and simultaneously pushed open the off white door.

"You guys ready to..."

Patrick was cut off by a shrill and short yelp before he snapped his eyes up and open to see both Joe and Ally holding the sheets to cover exposed flesh. Patrick felt his face drain of all color and the half eaten cookie fell to the floor, crumbling at his feet. Joe gulped from where he sat next to Ally, sweat lining his brow as he stood up with his boxers on and tried to stop Patrick from running back and out the door but failed.

Claire watched as Patrick entered the car again, his breath short and face pale.

"What happened?" she asked, looking at the house to see if anything was a miss. "Where are they?"

Patrick ran his hands over his face, trying with all his might to erase the disturbing sight of Ally and Joe together. Sure he didn't see anything, but all that flooded his mind was her being pleased by somebody other than him.

"They are going to get there on their own time," he mumbled, fumbling with his keys as he started up his car and winced as the tires screamed against the pavement as he backed up and sped off. He rested his forehead in his palm and forced back the tears. This was all the proof and knowledge he needed to understand that maybe Ally really was better off without him.

It was just how the cookie crumbled.
Sign up to rate and review this story