Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Death Perception

Chapter 19

by horsie890 1 review

Chapter 19

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Mikey Way, Ray Toro, Other - Published: 2007-07-17 - Updated: 2007-07-18 - 1035 words

0Unrated
Bob stumbled into the small meadow, breathing heavily. He had been running in circles for nearly an hour, just trying to clear his mind. He usually came to the lake whenever he needed to think. His eyes fell upon the two figures near the pool of water, and he gasped.

"You..." he muttered in shock. Mikey was on his feet in an instant, with Alicia cowering behind him. He let out a low, deep growl in warning.

"Get out of here," he said in a dark tone. His words sounded demonic and completely unlike him. Bob slowly raised his hands to eye level, palms facing Mikey.

"I'm not going to hurt her," he said slowly.

"You're not going to hurt her because I'll kill you if you get any closer," Mikey responded.

"I'm not coming after you!" Bob cried. "This is where I come to think. I had no idea you were even here."

"I'll believe a wolf after the world ends," he growled. Alicia backed away from him in sudden fear. She didn't like seeing him so dangerous. And she couldn't be hurt again, especially by Mikey. It would be too much.

Two hands gripped her arms just above the elbows, wrenching them behind her back. She tried to get away, but her captor jerked her backwards and restrained her completely. She cried out for Mikey to help her.

"Nicely done, Bob," said Ray with a smirk as Alicia continued to struggle. Mikey turned around with lightning speed and growled at Ray. "I didn't know you already had a plan in mind for getting her back."

"I didn't!" Bob shouted. "I was just coming here to think. This isn't right, Ray. She's never done anything to us. Why are we going after her?"

"Because we haven't had human meat in over a hundred years," Ray replied, pausing to inhale the scent of Alicia's neck. This only made her want to get away even more, but he was too strong. "It's only fair after Mikey and friends raided that cave."

"I had nothing to do with that," Mikey snarled. "Now let her go."

"We both saw you run into the cave after her," Ray shot back.

"I was protecting her from you."

"You were trying to take her for yourself," he responded. He suddenly smirked. "And we all know it's rude not to share."

"Let her go!" Mikey yelled, running a few steps forward. Ray transformed one of his hands into a wolf's paw, one of his unique talents acquired with decades of practice, and held it dangerously close to her neck. Mikey immediately froze, eyes wide with fear. "That's better. Let's go home, Bob. Dinner's waiting," he said, mouth curling into a smirk. Mikey opened his mouth, revealing that his fangs were dripping with venom. The black drops fell onto the leaves below with a hissing noise similar to that of a cobra.

"I won't ask you again," Mikey said coldly, taking a fighting stance. "Let. Her. Go."

"Ooh, one-word sentences," said Ray, jerking Alicia back towards him as she tried to escape again. "Should I be scared? Because I-"

That was as far as he got before Mikey leapt towards him with his teeth bared. He knocked both Ray and Alicia to the ground. She cried out in pain as their combined weight crushed her shoulder, and the twigs littering the forest floor left several small scratches on her skin. She scrambled away from them, holding one hand to her new injury and wincing. It felt like it was on fire, and liquid was seeping through her fingers. It was too dark for her to see what it was.

Ray transformed into a wolf and tried to pin Mikey to the ground, but he spat black poison in the wolf's face, causing him to yelp in pain and cover his nose with one paw. Mikey seized his chance and shoved the wolf off of him, making sure to slam the creature into the ground with as much force as possible. Ray couldn't fight back right away, but let out a single bark. Bob knew it was directed at him. So did Mikey.

Bob reluctantly transformed into a wolf, appearing dark brown in the fading light. He leapt into the fray, but to Mikey's surprise, he crashed into Ray's skull, throwing the darker wolf into unconsciousness. Stunned, Mikey stood, letting out a cry of pain and holding one hand to his knee. Bob returned to his more human-like form.

"Are you okay?" he asked, offering to help Mikey stand. He just stared at Bob's hand in numb disbelief, then stood of his own accord.

"I'm fine," he said venomously, hurrying to Alicia's side with a noticeable limp. She was still clutching her right shoulder in intense pain.

"It...hurts," she said through gritted teeth. The feeling of fire suddenly changed, and it seemed like ice water was coursing through her veins. She tried not to scream.

"Don't worry," said Mikey, brushing some hair away from her face. "I'll get you home."

"You're in no condition to walk," she said with a light laugh and a smile. Dizziness washed over her, bringing unconsciousness with it. Mikey sighed sadly. He knew.

"Maybe I can help," said Bob, approaching them. A low growl escaped Mikey's lips. "Look, I'm sorry about all of this. I don't understand why he was so bent on getting her."

"It's what your kind is like," he snarled. Bob looked at him with true sadness in his eyes.

"Please, just let me help this once. We used to be friends," he said, glancing away and biting his lip, "and I'm not saying we still have to be, but I do want to help you. Please, Mikey." Mikey contemplated his options, glancing back and forth between Bob and Alicia. He nodded once and stood, this time allowing the wolf to help him. Bob picked up the girl, supporting her knees with one arm and her shoulders with the other. They began to walk back toward the house. Mikey glanced back at Ray, who was still unmoving.

"What about him?" he asked. Bob let his upper lip curl into a snarl.

"He can handle himself."
Sign up to rate and review this story