Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Look For The Boy with a Broken Smile

[[12.]]

by zildjian1039 4 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-07-17 - Updated: 2009-01-18 - 960 words

0Unrated
4-30-2006
"Patrick,have you ever done something as big as this on such a short notice? It just seems like we're taking too big of a chance. Like what if your whole band thing falls though?",I questioned,staring mindlessly out the window of the large plane.
Patrick sat up sleepily in the uncomfortable seat.
"Al, stop worrying. Where would the world be if nobody ever took chances? If I hadn't taken a chance, you and I wouldn't be together. Or if you hadn't given me a chance, I'd still be more of a mess than I am now."
"You're right babe. As usual.",I admitted.
"I'm going back to sleep now.Wake me up when they bring the peanuts around.",he said,leaning his head on my shoulder.
I stroked the side of his face until he fell asleep [that always helps him].
Oh, for the record we didn't do anything that one night. We just made out more and played jenga for like 3 hours straight.
I finally drifted off myself, after listening to Pete and Joe argue about comic books and action figures.
---
"Jesus,finally.",Andy complained loudly,waking Allie up.
I glanced out the window and saw the airport moving past slowly.
Patrick was still asleep on my shoulder,breathing softly.
The pilot's voice rang over the intercom.
"Welcome to Los Angeles,the city of angels.It's about 76 degrees and sunny today,with possible rainshowers later. At this time you can now remove your seatbelts and begin to exit the plane.Once again,thank you for flying JetBlue."
"Thank GOD!I have to piss so fucking bad.",Pete said,jumping from his seat,and receiving several angry glances from parents.
I shook Patrick awake lightly.
"Wake up sweetie,we're here.",I told him,kissing his cheek.
---
We dragged all of our stuff into the hotel room, and Pete immediately threw himself on one of the beds and slept.
"Allie,me and Andy and Joe are going food shopping,wanna come?",Patrick asked.
"Nah I'm gonna stay here and relax.
"Alright we'll be back.",he answered,giving me a kiss.
The three of them stumbled out through the door,leaving me alone with a sleeping Pete.
I grabbed Patrick's laptop and sat at the table in the corner.
---
About an hour later, I was still mindlessly scrolling through pages of the internet I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped and whipped my head around.
It was only Pete.
"Jesus you scared me. So you decided to wake up?"
"Mhm.Where is everyone?" he said. He was wearing nothing but pajama pants,which made this situation more awkward than it already was.
His hand was still on my shoulder.
I shifted a bit,hoping his hand would go away.
"Uhmm.They went shopping."
"So they won't be back for a while then?" his eyes, still sleepy looking, scanned the room.
I was getting creeped out. I turned back toward the computer screen.
"Well,I'm not sure.They left a while ago they should be back soon."
His hand slid away,thank God.
I continued where I had left off on the laptop.
About 10 minutes went by, and he seemed to have laid off. Then I felt lips pressed against my neck. I jumped up out of my seat.
"What the FUCK are you doing? Pete-"
His lips were on mine. I shoved him away as hard as I could.
He smirked.
"Patrick won't care. He's my best friend."
"Well I care!" my voice shook.
He moved in again ,wrapping his arms around my waist.
I couldn't get away from him. Either I was too weak or he was too strong.
The twist of a doorknob caught my attention.
Oh no. Patrick.
Sure enough, Pete yanked away from me.
Patrick stood in the doorframe,frozen. He was still holding the key to the door out like he had just unlocked it.
I had no words. Nothing I would say could make this even a little bit better.
The expression on Patrick's face nearly killed me.
The last time I had seen this expression was when he was standing in the doorway of his house, depressed lonely and hopeless.
"Patrick..." I barely whispered.
Andy and Joe stood behind him, looking confused.
He turned around, and I could tell he was about to cry. He just walked really slow out of the room.
Everything stood still in silence for a few moments.
I smacked my palm to my forehead to make an attempt at stopping the anger.
And the rage was unleashed.
"YOU SON OF A BITCH!" I screamed at Pete, giving him a slap across the face that he'd never fucking forget.
I jumped on him and he fell to the floor. I started swinging like crazy hoping he got two black eyes in the process.
Andy and Joe pulled me off of him and I buried my head in Andy's shoulder.
He took me over to the couch and we sat down.
He let me cry for a little bit, giving me an occasional rub on the back or a comforting "Shhhh".
Joe had taken Pete into the other room.
After a little while of blowing off steam, Andy asked me if I could tell him what happened.
By the way, Andy is the best listener in the world.
I explained the situation and he seemed quite disgusted with Pete's behavior.
He fiddled around with his labret piercing. All I wanted was to talk to Patrick but Andy kept telling me "He'll be back soon."
That wasn't good enough. I wanted him to know I still loved him more than anything. I couldn't bear the fact that he was thinking anything less than that.
Sign up to rate and review this story