Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Best Friends, Ex Friends Til The End Better Off As Lovers

Chapter 1: Seasons Change, But People Don't

by patricksgirl84 0 reviews

A friendship blossoms

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-07-19 - Updated: 2007-07-20 - 1601 words - Complete

0Unrated

Chapter 1: Seasons Change, But People Don't

Becky decided to take four year old Destiny to the park. She was going to be worked the night shift so she wanted to do something fun with her daughter during the day. She put Destiny in the stroller and headed off to the park. Once they got to the park Becky took Destiny out of the stroller and watched her play.

Another mother came with two boys. "Hello, my name is Patricia Stumph." "Hi, I'm Becky Anderson. That's my daughter over there. Her name is Destiny." "My oldest ran that way. His name is Kevin and is seven and this is Patrick. He just turned four. Destiny turned four two months ago." "Do you live around here?" "Yeah, on Chestnut Street." "Oh my, you just moved in, right?" "Yeah, three weeks ago. My husband and I got divorced and I needed a change. So I moved here." "You aren't going to believe this, but we live right next door." "Really? That's great." The moms talked for awhile and the children played.

"Well, I better get going. I have to be to work in a little bit and get Destiny to the babysitter." "Oh, where do you work?" "I'm a nurse at the hospital at the Behavioral Unit." "Must be hard work?" "Yeah, but I do enjoy it." "You know what? Why don't I take Destiny. We live right next door and another child won't matter to me. That way you won't have to pay out money. I know we just met. I promise you I'm normal." "Are you sure?" "Yes. I actually have two toddler beds in Patrick's room. His cousin stays over occasionally." "You sure you won't mind?" "Not at all. Come on boys." Patrick and Kevin came running. So did Destiny. Patricia put Patrick in the stroller and Becky did the same to Destiny.

They walked home and Becky gave Destiny to Patricia and went home to get ready and to pack a bag for Destiny. She went over and dropped off the bag and said goodbye to Destiny. Destiny was playing with Patrick. "Destiny, mommy has to go to work. I'll be back in the morning to pick you up. You have a good time and be a good girl. I love you." "Bye mommy. I love you." Becky left. "Why does your mommy have to work?" Patrick asked. "Mine doesn't." "My daddy didn't love us and left, so she had to work." Destiny looked down and had tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry. Here, you can play with my teddy bear." Destiny looked up at Patrick and knew she had found a good friend.

Patrick and Destiny played while Patricia cooked supper. Patrick's dad came home at 5:00. "Hey buddy. Who's your friend?" "This is Destiny. She lives next door and her mom has to work so she is going to stay here." "I see. Where is your mom?" "In the kitchen." Patrick's dad went to the kitchen. "Hi honey. So what's up with the new kid?" "Hi Ryan. Her mom just moved to Chicago and works nights. I told her she could spend the nights here instead of paying out for a babysitter. Her husband left her. I hope that's alright." "Sure. Patrick sure likes her." "Yeah, they are the same age."

They ate supper. For once in a long time Destiny felt like she was part of a family. After supper everyone cleaned up. "Destiny, do you want to watch some cartoons before bed?" Patrick asked. "Sure." She was still holding his bear. "Dad, can we watch some cartoons?" "Sure son." They went into the living room and watched some cartoons. A few hours later Patricia told Destiny and Patrick that it was time for bed. They went upstairs. Destiny got out her nightgown and took off her shirt. "Destiny, what happened to your back?" Patrick asked. Destiny's back was covered with bruises. She turned around quickly. "Nothing." She put on her nightgown and went to brush her teeth. Patrick got into his pajama's and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

When Patrick came back to his room Destiny was already in her bed. He got into his his bed. Patricia and Ryanst came in to say goodnight and to read a story. They left and shut the lights off. "Patrick, do you want your bear back?" "No, you can keep it for the night. Good night Destiny. I'm glad I met you." "Me too. I'm glad we moved to Chicago."


~Six Years Later~

"Patrick, give me my doll back." Patrick ran around the house. "Patricia, Patrick won't give me my doll back." "Okay, honey. I'll talk to him." She went to find him. A few minutes later she had Destiny's doll. "There you go." "Thank you." Destiny went back to playing with her doll. "You had to get my mom." "Well, if you would of given her back. You are such a meanie." She suck her tongue out at Patrick. "I liked it when you were gone." Destiny just got home from her dad who lived in Wisconsin. Patrick pushed her. "Ow. Stop." Destiny cried. "I'm sorry. I didn't push you that hard. Are you alright?" "Yeah. I'm fine."

That night it was quiet in the Stump household. Destiny still stayed at night. Her mom continued to work at night. Destiny was considered a daughter to Patricia and Ryan. After supper, Patricia and Ryan sat the kids down to talk to them. "What's wrong?" Kevin asked. Ryan and Patricia looked at each other. "We are getting a divorce. Things aren't working out with your mom and I." "Destiny looked down. She had been through this before. "You can't. What are we going to do?" Patrick asked. "We will get through this, Patrick. Your dad and I are going to remain friends. So don't worry. We aren't getting a divorce because of anything you kids did. Please understand that. If you need to talk to us, we are always here. For all of you. Even you Destiny." She looked up. "Okay. I think I'm going to bed." Destiny got up. "Come here." Ryan said. Destiny turned around. "Can I have a hug?" She ran to him and hugged him. "I'll be coming around to see you. Don't forget that." She had tears in her eyes. "Okay. Thank you." She hugged Patricia and went to bed.

A few hours later Patrick came to bed. "Dest, are you awake?" "Yeah." She turned over. "What do you want?" "I want to know if you are alright. You didn't look too good before." "I'm just sad. My parents got divorce and now yours. Maybe I'm bad luck." "Never. Don't say that." "Why doesn't my dad love me, Patrick?" She started crying. "Come here." She got out of bed and went to his. Patrick grabbed something under his pillow. "Now, I'm going to give this to you, but you need to promise and I mean promise not to tell anyone that I sleep with this still." "I promise." "Alright. Here, I think you could use this tonight." "Teddy. Patrick, what would I do without you? Promise, that we will be friends forever." "Friends forever." Destiny hugged Patrick. "Patrick, can I sleep in your bed." "Sure, just stay on your side. Don't touch me."

The next morning Abby got dressed and woke Patrick up. They had breakfast and she went home to spend some time with her mom before school. A little bit later Patrick came over to walk with her to school. Once at school they separated. Destiny went to play with her friend Tina and Patrick with his friend Pete. The bell rang and all of them went to the classroom. Destiny sat down. There was a boy she didn't like and of course he was seated next to her. "Hey Destiny." "Hi Tim." "I see you came to school with Stumpy." "Leave Patrick alone." "Class take out your English book." The next four hours were spent studying.

After lunch Tina and Destiny were playing with the other girls when she heard some yelling. She turned around. "Oh no." She ran to the boys. "Pete, what happened." "Tim was calling him Stumpy and some stuff about you." Destiny ran in to where Patrick and Tim were fighting. "Stop." "Here comes your girl to save your butt. You need a girl to help you." "Leave Dest." "No, stop fighting." "Yeah, listen to her Stumpy." Just then Patrick hit Tim and the teacher came over. "Mr. Stumph come with me." He followed the teacher while Tim went to the nurse. "Pete, what did Tim say?" "Um, he just said that Patrick liked you more than a friend and just how you don't have a dad." "I better check on him."

Destiny went to the classroom and Patrick was in there alone with his head on the desk. "Patty." Only Destiny could call him that. "Leave me alone." She sat in the desk ahead of him and played with his hair. "Thank you." He looked at her. "For what?" "For fighting Tim for me. Pete told me what he said about me not having a dad." "No one talks about my friend like that." Patrick smiled at Destiny. "Are you in a lot of trouble?" "Kinda. They are calling mom and I have to stay this week and clean the classroom." "I'm sorry." "It's not your fault. He should of kept his mouth shut." "Thank you, Patrick." Destiny hugged Patrick. "You are one of my best friends."
Sign up to rate and review this story