Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Death Perception

Chapter 21

by horsie890 1 review

Chapter 21

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Other - Published: 2007-07-20 - Updated: 2007-07-20 - 828 words

0Unrated
Alicia knew she was waking up, but she wanted to remain asleep. She was too afraid of finding out what had happened to her. She didn't even want to think about it.

Someone brushed her hair out of her face, sweeping it softly towards one ear. She could barely feel it and slowly opened her eyes. The world swam before her with blurs and strange shapes.

"How are you feeling?" murmured a voice from behind her. She shifted slightly, realizing she was lying down and that something was holding her in place.

"What happened?" she asked, blinking several times to clear her vision. Black liquid suddenly flowed over her eyes, and she hurriedly wiped it away, but more soon appeared. "What is this stuff?"

She heard a deep, sad sigh. "It's venom," said Mikey's voice, sounding more clear than it had earlier. She tried to sit up, but he firmly held her in place.

"Why?" she asked with a note of fear in her voice.

"Because I bit you," he said sadly. "It was an accident...I was trying to get Ray before he hurt you and-"

"Slow down," said Alicia, rolling over to face him. "Now tell me what happened."

Mikey explained it to her, trying to stay as calm as possible. He soon lost focus on his own words as a conflict began in his mind.

You know this is what you wanted.

'No. It's not fair to her,' he told himself. 'She's dying. In fact, she's already dead.'

Will you listen to her for once? She loves you. Quit being so stubborn.

"Mikey?" Alicia asked suddenly, eyes filling with worry. He blinked once.

"What?"

"Why did you stop talking?"

"I'm sorry. Just zoning out, I guess," he said with a smile. She smiled back, and his heart melted at the sight.

"I'm kind of..." she began, voice trailing off as her smile lapsed into a frown of confusion.

"Kind of what?"

"I'm not sure...hungry?" she offered as an explanation. Mikey just sighed.

"Guess we'll have to fix that, then," said Frank, making the smirk very clear in his voice. Alicia jumped at the sound of his voice and ended up falling off the couch. Mikey stood and helped her up, glaring at Frank. He was standing in the doorway leading to the kitchen, leaning against the frame and smirking.

"What?" he asked innocently. "It's true."

"What time is it?" asked Mikey, falling back onto the couch as his knee buckled under his weight. Frank checked his watch.

"Well, you've been asleep for..." He paused, doing the math in his head. "...meh...four hours? So it's midnight. Jamia's starving, too, so I guess we can call this a good thing."

"In case you haven't noticed, Frank," said Mikey, gritting his teeth in pain, "I can't exactly leave the house. I can't even stand."

"You'll live," said Frank, rolling his eyes. Gerard walked into the room.

"Feeling any better, Mikey?" he asked. Mikey nodded.

"Somewhat. But I still can't walk."

"Or stand," added Frank. Gerard, Mikey, and Alicia all glared at him, and the smirk fell from his face. "Anyway, I might have a solution to this problem."

"What problem?" asked Gerard.

"The ladies are hungry," Frank responded, crossing his arms and leaning against the door frame again. "That's problem one. Problem two is that I'm not hungry at all, and you and Mikey don't really need to go hunting again for a week minimum. So I was thinking-"

"I know what you're thinking, Frank," Gerard said flatly, not even bothering to search his friend's mind. "It's obvious. And I'm pretty sure they wouldn't agree to it."

"Agree to what?" Alicia asked uneasily. Gerard met her eyes apologetically.

"We have enough blood saved up to last a long time...but...God, you'll hate me for this..."

"For what?" Alicia asked impatiently. "It sounds just fine to me. I don't want to leave, anyway."

"It's human blood," Frank said bluntly. Alicia just blankly stared at him for about five seconds before her mind made the connection.

"...Oh."

"I could take them hunting," Gerard offered. Frank shook his head.

"No, you need to take care of Mikey and make sure he doesn't do anything stupid, like jump out of a window or something like that," he said with another smirk. Mikey just rolled his eyes. "I'll go."

"I'm staying with Mikey," Alicia said firmly. Mikey shook his head.

"No, you need to go with them."

"If you don't stop telling me what to do..." she warned, glaring at him. He just laughed.

"Are we leaving soon?" asked Jamia as she walked into the room. Frank shrugged.

"Ask them," he said, pointing to Alicia and Mikey. "They can't make up their minds."

"Allow me," said Jamia. She walked over to Alicia and grabbed her arm, jerking her off the couch and heading towards the door. Frank shook his head, laughing, and followed them outside.
-
Not the end yet, guys.
Sign up to rate and review this story