Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Death Perception

Chapter 22

by horsie890 0 reviews

Chapter 22

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Ray Toro, Other - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-07-21 - Updated: 2007-07-22 - 1200 words

0Unrated
Alicia followed Jamia and Frank with uncertain, nervous steps. Frank was thinking about begging them to let him run ahead - or at least travel by tree - but he knew it would be unfair and completely defeat the purpose of his presence. He almost considered asking Alicia to kindly make her mind shut up, because her incessant thoughts of Mikey were giving him a headache. He suddenly stopped walking.

"Something wrong?" asked Jamia, placing a hand on his shoulder. His dark eyes fell upon Alicia.

"Look, I know it's not your fault you can't stop thinking about Mikey," he said as calmly as possible, stepping over to her. She looked up at him fearfully, and old memories began to flicker through her mind. "I'm not gonna hurt you. But if there's any way you can just...I don't know...think about something else for a while-"

"I'm sorry," she said quickly, dropping her gaze to the ground. "I forgot you can hear people's thoughts." Frank gently hugged her. Jamia just smiled. She could sense nothing between them; it was only a best-friend hug. She knew it was something Alicia needed.

"Don't worry about it," he said with a laugh, pulling away from her. "Though I am starting to think the world would be a better place if everyone thought like Gerard...blocking his own thoughts definitely makes my life easier." It was Alicia's turn to laugh, and the other two quickly joined in.

Frank suddenly went silent. He opened his mouth, revealing that his fangs had grown long and were dripping with poison. Alicia winced as two of her teeth began to lengthen, along with several others further back. A few embedded in her jaw also grew out.

"They're like baby teeth," said Frank, spitting out some venom to speak easier. "After a few months or so your two normal teeth will just be longer and the others will stay the same. Now let's go."

He took off running, something he had been waiting to do the entire time. Jamia took off after him, and Alicia quickly followed, hoping the feelings of intense hunger she felt would go away. A scent filled her nose, only increasing the pains. Venom gushed into her mouth, and she swallowed involuntarily, but they worsened further still. There was only one solution. She would need to eat, and soon.

Minutes later, she tried to hide her disgust as Jamia sank her teeth into the neck of an already weakened mountain lion. Frank heard her thoughts and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"You have to do it," he said softly. She nodded and swallowed nervously, feeling a sudden sharp pain in her eyes. She closed them for several seconds; it felt as if they were turning backwards in their sockets. When she reopened her eyes, they filled with black tears that she furiously blinked away. She found Frank staring directly into her eyes. He smiled. They had become a shade of orange filled with sparks of gold, with a black vertical slit in the middle.

"That's good."

Alicia eventually gave in and joined her, allowing Frank to let out a quiet sigh of relief.

He suddenly froze as the taste of sour dirt entered his mouth. He spat more venom on the ground in disdain and let out a deep growl. Then he turned to Jamia and Alicia, who were watching him with curiosity. Jamia could sense urgency, but nothing more.

"Stay here," Frank said darkly, taking off in another direction. Alicia was about to say something when an image appeared in her mind. She saw an unconscious Ray lying on the ground with Bob frantically trying to wake him. Frank suddenly appeared nearby and leapt toward them with his teeth bared and eyes blazing.

"We have to follow him," she told Jamia with stricken eyes. Jamia nodded, and they took off after him.

Frank followed the scent for no more than a minute when he found the source. He watched from the safety of the trees as Bob frantically tried to wake up Ray.

Several images began to pass through his mind, and his eyes widened. Ray had a plan. And Frank wasn't about to let him go through with it.

The dark-haired vampire leapt from the trees, intent on killing one of them. But before he reached his target, he slammed into something and fell straight to the ground.

"Ow..." he said in pain, rolling over onto his back and laying still for a few seconds.

"What are you doing?!" Jamia asked him, eyes showing a mixture of disbelief and shock. Bob wasn't entirely sure what to think, especially when Alicia ran into the clearing as well. Frank scrambled to his feet, feeling a little dizzy, and quickly shoved Alicia as far away as he could.

"He's going to kill you!" he shouted at her, panic showing in his dark eyes. She wasn't sure what he was talking about, but obediently backed away. Ray began to stir, and Frank turned back towards him.

"Make one wrong move and I will slaughter you," he snarled. Ray hauled himself to his feet, clearing several sticks and leaves from his hair. Frank moved in front of Alicia, completely blocking her from his view.

"I'm not doing anything," Ray growled back, staring him directly in the eyes. "Why are you even here?"

"I smelled your filthy scent a mile away," Frank responded, "and I know what you're planning to do. And I swear to God that if you so much as lay one dirty claw on anyone in my family, you will not live to see tomorrow." Ray seemed to contemplate his words before his eyes fell upon the two girls.

"I can't believe you got to them first," Ray snarled under his breath, almost hoping no one could hear his words. But Frank saw and heard the thought very clearly. He let out a low growl of warning and took a fighting stance.

Ray transformed into a wolf, then glanced back at Bob, expecting him to do the same. To his surprise, Bob had backed far away from the scene. Ignoring him, Ray turned back to Frank. He suddenly sprinted forward, dodging the vampire in one easy stride, and tackled Alicia to the ground.

Frank could contain himself no longer. He crouched low to the ground in a sudden flash of pain as he felt his bones morph and change, but it didn't last long. All of his teeth grew longer and sharper, and claws formed from his fingernails. He fell to all fours; it would be easier to run that way. He wasted no time and sprinted towards Ray, hearing the sickening crunch of bone as they collided. He had lost all control now. He was being guided by his senses, and nothing would stop him.

Jamia watched him with horrified eyes, unable to believe what she was seeing. Realizing Alicia was now free, she took her friend's hand and ran. She did her best to ignore the sense of overwhelming rage and primal instinct radiating from Frank. It was too terrifying to think about. And both of them knew better than to look back.
Sign up to rate and review this story