Categories > Movies > Mean Girls > Idioteque

Prologue

by Faol 0 reviews

The first act, of a character study of your average, everyday teenage girl.

Category: Mean Girls - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Published: 2005-12-15 - Updated: 2005-12-15 - 219 words

0Unrated
Comments: See, I'm proud of this and I'm not quite sure why. I think it's probably the first piece of fic I've ever written that actually came out as I intended to, which may have as much to do with the fact that it practically wrote itself as much as anything else. Tell me what you think.

Prologue

So, there was this one time when she and Regina were fourteen, not long after the "end", that Janis fell down the stairs. Her foot slipped when she was rushing to class and the drop wasn't that large so she figure she could make it instead of sliding down on her ass. She made it all right; landed on the side of her foot, grasping at Regina who was just a few steps ahead of her and wishing she'd just slid down on her ass instead. There was no sickening crack or ominous crunch, just a rush of pain that made the hall spin and the bile rise in the back of her throat. Regina shoved her off and turned sharply, some caustic comment at the ready. It died in her throat when she saw Janis' face, white with pain, and she caught her just before she hit the ground.

(This was the beginning of the real end Janis supposes later.)
Sign up to rate and review this story