Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Best Friends, Ex Friends Til The End Better Off As Lovers

Chapter 3: Rough Times

by patricksgirl84 0 reviews

Destiny comes home

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-07-22 - Updated: 2007-07-23 - 2105 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 3: Rough Times

February came very slowly for Destiny. It was finally time for her to leave Wisconsin. "Come on sweetie. Your plane is going to leave soon." "Alright." She got her suitcase and got into the car. "Are you going to miss me, Destiny?" She didn't say anything. She was looking outside. Her dad slapped her. "Ow. What?" "I said are you going to miss me?" "Of course, daddy." They got to the airport and her dad walked her to the gate. "You take care, Destiny. Tell Patrick all about me." "I hate you." With that Destiny walked to the plane. She couldn't wait to get away from her dad. A few hours later the plane landed.

Her mom was waiting for her. "Mom, where's Patrick?" "Um, he couldn't make it." "Oh, let's go home." She grabbed her suitcase and they went home. Destiny went to her room to unpack. After she was done she laid on her bed. She wanted to see Patrick so bad. Why didn't he come to the airport? She decided to go to his house. She walked out and seen him kissing a girl. She had tears in her eyes. He looked up and seen her. He walked over. "Destiny, I'm so glad to see you." He gave her an awkward hug. "Patrick, who is she?" "Destiny, I want you to meet my girlfriend Susan." "Hi, I just got home. I was in Wisconsin. Well, I have to go. Talk to you later." She walked up the street crying.

She went to the park and sat down on the grass. It was cold, but she didn't care. A little bit later she felt an arm around her. She knew that arm anywhere. "Why Patrick? What happened?" "What happened? I never heard from you. I sent you letters and never got anything back. I didn't think you wanted anything more than a friendship." "What? I sent you letters every week and I never got your letters. My dad wouldn't let me call. Oh my god." "What is it?" "My dad. He must of threw the letters away." "How was it?" "Awful. Oh, Patty. I missed you." She went into his arms. "Something happened there." "What?" "I can't tell you." "Yes, you can. When have we kept secrets." "Never, but this is just awful." "Dest, please tell me." She was sobbing. "My dad, the second night, he," She couldn't go on. She got up and ran home.

Patrick just sat there. There was something different about her. He went and followed her. He knocked on the door. "Hi, Becky. Can I talk to Destiny?" "Patrick, she doesn't feel good." "Oh, well tell her I hope she feels better and I'll see her tomorrow." "I will Hun." He walked home and went to his bedroom to finish his homework. He looked over and seen Destiny in her room. She was sitting on her bed. He wanted to make her happy. His phone rang. "Hello? Oh, hi Susan. Yeah, I'll walk you to school tomorrow. Can Destiny come? Okay. She will be happy. Talk to you tomorrow." Patrick sat down at his desk. He really didn't like Susan as a girlfriend. He decided that he was going to break up with her tomorrow.

In the morning Destiny could barely get out of bed. She got up and took a shower and got dressed. She went downstairs and grabbed some breakfast. "Patrick came here last night." "Did you tell him that I wasn't feeling well?" "Yes, is something wrong?" "No, I just was tired." "Okay." There was a knock on the door. "Hi Patrick." "Hey Destiny. Are you ready?" "Yeah. Let me get my things. Mom, I'm going to go." "Alright. Have a good day. I'm back on nights, so if you want to stay at Patrick's you can." "Okay. See you later."
Destiny and Patrick walked down the street. "Um, we have to get Susan." "Oh, alright." "I'm breaking up with her today." "Don't break up with her because of me." "I'm not. I don't like her as a girlfriend. She is so fake. She's nice and all, but not for me." "Alright." "Destiny, what happened last night?" "Nothing. I don't want to talk about it." "Will you come to me when you feel like it?" "Of course." They picked up Susan and went to school.

Destiny met up with Tina. "Oh Dest. I missed you so much. How are you?" "Good now I'm back here. How are you?" "Good. How was Wisconsin?" "Terrible, but I don't want to get into it." "How dare you, Stumph. You led me on until your little tramp came home." Tina and Destiny turned around to screaming Susan. "Be quiet, Susan." "No, you did this on purpose. I hate you, Patrick. I hope you and your slut will be happy." She slapped him and walked away. Destiny walked to him. "I'm sorry, Patty." She hugged Patrick. "Thanks. I've missed your hugs. I'm sorry you had to hear that." "No worries. I take it from the source." He smiled. "What's your first class?" "Ah, English Lit." "I have that. Come on." They walked to class. Maybe things weren't going to be bad anymore.

~Two Years Later~
Destiny was back from her dads for a month now and didn't want to leave her bedroom. She still didn't tell anyone. No one knew her pain. There was a knock on the door. Her mom was at work so she knew she had to get it. She opened the door. "Destiny, I've had enough. You are going to tell me what the fuck is wrong?" Patrick sat down on the couch. "Leave. I don't want to tell you or anyone else. "I'm your best friend. Why won't you tell me? What have I done that you don't trust me?" "Nothing." She started crying. "Come here." She sat on the couch and Patrick put his arms around her.

"Okay, I'll tell you. But promise me you won't tell anyone." "I won't." "As far as I can remember my dad would beat me. A slap here or there. Then it got worse. My mom never knew. When I went there for those six months I knew it was going to be hell, but I never expected it to be a pure hell. The second night," She looked into Patrick's eyes. "The second night he raped me. Then again and again. He continued. Every time I visit, he comes to my room. I wash myself, but I can't get rid of the dirt. I don't know what to do." "Oh my god. Destiny, why didn't you come to me? I would of helped you." "I'm ashamed. I feel so dirty." "Don't. He's the one that should feel ashamed. God. What a pig. We need you to get help." "No, I told you I don't want anyone to know." "Why? Don't you want him stopped? You need the help." "Patrick, just leave." "Hun," "No." She went to the door and opened it. He took her face in his hands. "I'm going to make this right." He walked out.

Destiny shut the door and went to her bedroom. She fell asleep. Around 1AM the phone rang. "Hello?" "Destiny, it's Patricia. Is Patrick there?" "No, he left some time ago. Let me call Pete and see if he's there." "Alright." Destiny hung up and called Pete. There was no answer. She decided to call Tina. Tina and Pete were getting closer, so she knew Tina would know where Pete was. "Tina, do you know where Pete is? I'm looking for Patrick." "Um, no. Not really." "You do. Tell me." "They promised me not to tell you." "Tina, please. Patrick's mom is worried." "Alright. But don't tell them where you heard it." "Where are they?" "Patrick wanted to go to Wisconsin, so Pete and him took the bus there." "What?" Destiny didn't know if she heard Tina right. "Are you sure?" "Yes." "Thanks." Destiny got dressed and took some money she had saved.
She then left a note for her mom and ran next door. "Did you find out anything?" "Patricia, I need to tell you something." "Come in." Destiny quickly told Patricia everything that happened with her dad and where Patrick went. "I have some money. I thought we could take the plane. I'm worried about him and Pete." "Okay, let me call your mom." Patricia called Destiny's mom and told Kevin she was going to be gone. The left for the airport and were able to get on a plane right away. Destiny was so worried. Her dad had guns in his house. She was so mad at Patrick. What was he thinking?

The plane landed a few hours later and they got a car and drove to Destiny's dads. The door was slightly opened. Destiny noticed Patrick laying on the floor. "Oh god no." She ran to him. Patricia kneeled down. "He's breathing. I'm going to call 911." "Patty, please wake up." She then noticed the blood. So much blood. She cradled his head in her lap. "Dest, I took care of it. You are going to be alright." "What? What did you take care of?" "You dad. He's gone." She then looked and noticed her dad on the floor. "Patrick, did you kill him?" "Yeah, but he came after me with a gun. It was the only way. I'm sorry. I just wanted to talk to him." "Rest, Patty. I'm going to try and find Pete." Patricia came over to her son while Destiny looked through the house.

"Pete, Pete, where are you?" She looked in her bedroom. He was in there. "Pete!" She ran to him. "Are you alright?" His eyes opened. "Oh my god, are you alright?" "Not really. How's Patrick?" "Breathing. What were you two thinking?" "He wanted to protect you." Just then the paramedics came and took Pete and Patrick to the hospital. Destiny's dad was taken as well, but he would be going to the morgue. The police asked Destiny and Patricia questions when they got to the hospital. Then they talked to Pete and Patrick. "Patricia, do you think they will arrest Patrick or Pete?" "I don't know sweetie." "This is all my fault." "No, it isn't. Patrick shouldn't of gone off like he did."
The officers came out and talked to Patricia. A few minutes later she came back. "Everything is going to be fine. They said that with it being self defense they won't charge them. But they wanted our numbers in case something comes up." "Good. I don't want them in trouble for this." The doctor came out and talked to Pat and Destiny. "Both the boys will be alright. I want them to spend the night here. They should be good to go tomorrow morning. You can see them if you like." "Go ahead Destiny. Patrick, doesn't need me yelling at him right now." Destiny went to see Patrick.

"Hey, Patty." "Destiny, how are you?" "Mad at you. What were you thinking?" "I want to protect you. Come here." She sat on the bed. "What happened." "Pete and I went to your dads. I just wanted to talk to him. Tell him to stay away from you. He said some stuff and I told him not to talk to about you like that. That's when he started beating the crap out of both Pete and I. You could of told me your dad is huge." "You shouldn't of came here." "Anyway, your dad knocked out Pete. And that's when he brought out the gun. I didn't know what to do. He pointed the gun right at me. I was so scared, Dest. All I could think about was you and what that man did to you. It must of gave me the power because I somehow grabbed the gun, but it went off. I thought I was shot, but then I looked up and realized your dad was the one that got shot." He fell down and at that moment I started getting light headed and passed out. Next thing I remember is you holding me." Patrick smiled at Destiny.

"Your mom is pretty pissed at you." "Yeah, I'll probably be grounded for the rest of my life." "You should be. If you weren't in this hospital bed I'd hit you." "Thanks." "Patty, I could of lost you. Don't you understand." She went to his arms and started crying. "Oh baby. It's alright. Shhh." "Patrick Martin Stumph, I want to talk to you." Patricia came in. "I'll leave. Take care, Patrick." She smiled at him.
Sign up to rate and review this story