Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Bang the Doldrums

Chapter 3

by Gangsta_Girl 3 reviews

Revelations

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Published: 2007-07-23 - Updated: 2007-07-23 - 1111 words

1Exciting
Ryan smacked Brendon hard across the cheek and stormed off, slamming the door behind him. Brendon slumped down to the floor and dropped his face in his hands.

Spencer ran over to Brendon. "Dude, are you okay?" Brendon remained mute. "Jon, could you keep an eye on Brendon while I go try and talk to Ryan?"

Jon nodded. Spencer knocked softly on the door before letting himself in. Jon meanwhile had went into the fridge and managed to find a frozen pack of peas.

"Here," he offered, placing the package on Brendon's jaw.

Brendon took the frozen vegetables in his hand and placed it more firmly against his skin. "Thanks," he managed.

"Mmhmm." Jon sat down beside him. "So, are you gonna tell me what happened?"

"If I knew myself, I'd tell you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I don't know..."

"Oh, I think you do." Jon poked Brendon in the side, hitting his bruise.

"OW! ...Well, lately, me and Ryan have been getting into fights. And I'm not talking just the argument type. I'm talking about knuckles bared-"

"-Really? Ryan? I thought-"

Jon was interrupted by Spencer descending from the room. He shook his head sadly.

"He quit. Ryan quit the band." He sighed frustrated. "He's done. He's totally fucking done."

Jon and Brendon exchanged glances. "WHAT?!"

A small smile leaked its way onto Spencer's face. "No, not really. I just always wanted to say that." He made his way over to the bathroom.

Jon quirked an eyebrow. "Okay... So, what did he say?"

Spencer poked his head out of the doorway. "Not much." He descended back in before coming out with the small first aid kit. "I'll try and get it out of him though." He shrugged before going to tend to Ryan.

--- --- ---

After an hour or so, Spence retreated back to the confines of the waiting room (a.k.a. the living room).

"So?"

"He wants to talk to you, Brendon," was all Spencer uttered before plopping himself into the couch lethargically, as if all of the bones in his body were reduced to lime-flavored gelatin.

Brendon knocked twice before letting himself in. Ryan had his legs over the edge of the bunk, skimming his feet across the floor as he swung them to and fro.

Brendon gulped down. "Uh, Spence said... you wanted to talk to me?"

Ryan looked up. "Yeah." He let out a sigh as Brendon took a seat beside him, lowering the mattress with his weight lightly. "I'm sor-"

"No, I'm sorry. It's my fault. If I hadn't started saying shit about Pete then-" Brendon stopped as he heard Ryan sniffle. "Ry, are you okay. I-"

"God, Brendon." He shook his head. "Just shut the fuck up. I'm trying to give you an explanation." He wiped the tears from his cheeks as he let out a small laugh. "And as usual you're not helping."

Brendon placed his hand over Ryan's. "Go ahead."

Ryan took a breath, expelling it slowly through his nose before starting. "Well, what you were saying before about Pete?"

"I was just messing around. I-"

"Brendon." Ryan warned lightly.

"Sorry."

"I don't even know how to say this." He scoffed at his own statement. "So, here goes... I've been seeing Pete. Have been for over a month now- It just sorta happened but then I-" Ryan's eyes pooled with tears.

Brendon rubbed at the small of Ryan's back. "It's okay. Just let it out."

"I saw him- with someone else." Ryan fisted the sheet around him, angrily. "I confronted him and you know what he said? What that bastard said?" He shook his head. "He just laughed it off. Like our relationship was a joke to him. 'It was just sex, Ryan.' He told me. 'Just sex.'"

"What did you do?"

"Nothing. I just went with it. It's pathetic. He's cheating on me and yet I still come back to him. I still crave his attention." He moved his hair from his face and turned to Brendon. "And when you kissed me- It just brought all the feelings I had out in the open," he whispered. "I'm really sorry. I just had to tell you. You're my friend and you deserve to know the truth."

Brendon nodded and embraced him, unable to find any words to console him properly. Ryan placed his head on Brendon's shoulder, repeating his heartfelt apologies and mixing his tears into the fabric of his sleeve. It was odd, only a few hours ago, they were at each others throats and now they were in the comforts of each other's arms.

After Ryan fell asleep Brendon moved and went back to tell the other two.

"Jon, Spence. You'll never believe-" Brendon stopped mid-sentence as he gawked at the image of the two sprawled out on the couch.

"Getting comfortable, aren't we?" He grinned as the two peeled themselves from each other. "Okay, like I was saying," he said as he sat next to them, "Ryan's gay."

"I know." Spence said plainly.

"Jon, did you-"

"Yeah, I knew."

"How did you-"

Jon and Spencer looked at each other before Spencer sighed and turned his attention back to Brendon. "Call it a really good hunch."

"What? Are you trying to tell me you have some kind of gay-dar or something?" He laughed.

Spencer gulped down lightly, remaining quiet.

"Are you two GAY?" He shrieked out after Spencer's silence answered his question. "You and...Jon?

Jon rolled his eyes.

"What the hell? Why am I always the last to know?" He pouted, using his puppy eyes and plump lips against them.

"Spence wasn't sure it was the right time, but he ended up telling Ryan to open him up about what happened and it-"

"-Sorta slipped," Spencer sighed.

--- --- ---

Brendon popped another peanut butter cup into his mouth and washed it down with a gulp of Red Bull. He was lying horizontally on his couch, watching re-runs of the OC. He tossed the wrapper to the carpet, adding to the growing pile.

He groaned and reached over to his phone. "Ryan." He called into it but the phone didn't accept the name. "RY-AAANNN" He shouted. Finally he heard a ring. "Damn, voice recognition piece of sh-"

"Hello?"

"Ryan. Hey, it's Brendon. What are y-"

"I can't talk right now. I'm busy."

"I just thought I'd-"

Brendon was cut off yet again. "Hey, I'll talk to you later, alright?"

Brendon sighed as he dropped his phone onto the cushion of the couch. "Whatthefuckever."

A/N: A bit of an abrupt ending, yes, but I had to post something. Can't leave you hanging for long, now can I? ;) And BTW, reviews are love.
Sign up to rate and review this story