Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > This Year's Apologies

I usually don't put her in close proximity with rabbits.

by aznfoblover 1 review

You wanted it folks, and you got it. This is THE SEQUEL to Sing Until Your Lungs Give Out. We're back with Becca and the guys three years later, and people seem to have grown up (seem being the key...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-07-26 - Updated: 2007-07-27 - 965 words

1Exciting
=====
Chapter 9
=====

Becca's POV

It's been a month. Patrick has been staying here indefinitely, and I'm quite alright with that. We've evolved into something more than friendship, but haven't really been out on a date. Andy went home to Wisconsin after a few days, and Pete "got up the courage" to go back home. I swear, he's afraid of his little brother sometimes.

Patrick didn't have anything to do, and so on the days I got off of work, which was surprisingly often nowadays (and I suspected that Kate and Gabby had something to do with that), we would get Ally to daycare and then just curl up on the couch or in bed and watch movies. Patrick wants Ally to stay home with him, but she was terrified when I even hypothetically asked her if one day she'd like to stay home. She freaked out and said that she wouldn't ever miss daycare because she was afraid her friends and teachers would think she didn't like them or something. I was a bit concerned, but I talked with her teachers and they said that she loved it there more than anything. I was afraid that Patrick would take it the wrong way and think that Ally didn't like him, but he laughed it off and said he felt the exact same way as a kid.

It was on one of these occasions, when Patrick and I were watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off yet again, that we got the fateful phone call.

"Hello?" Patrick said as he answered the house phone. I paused the movie and stretched, combing out my hair. Let's just say that Patrick and I weren't necessarily paying attention to the movie. I sat up and watched Patrick.

"Yeah, this is her mom's boyfriend." My eyes widened. Patrick's face turned white. "Yes, we'll be down there as soon as humanly possible. Thanks." He threw the phone down and I turned off the TV.

"What happened?" I asked frantically as we got into the car. Patrick kept his eyes firmly on the road and shook his head as we shot off down the street to the daycare center.

I tumbled out of the car as soon as we were almost stopped and Patrick followed soon afterwards. "Something's wrong with her, they wouldn't tell me. They just said to come down as quick as we could," he said when I rushed to him.

We walked into the center. There was an anxious-looking girl behind the desk. "Hi, we just got a call about my daughter? Her name is Allison Free--" I started.

"Yeah, come down this way. Does she have any allergies that you know of?" she asked. I took a deep breath.

"Well, she's allergic to peanuts, that's certain."

"We already knew that, we don't keep anything with peanuts in here because it's a common allergy," she said to me. I racked my brains.

"Well, there's not really anything else except rabbits," I said confusedly. The girl stopped and I got a look at her nametag. Alex. She looked at me with wide eyes.

"How serious is it?" she asked. I gave her a strange look.

"I usually don't put her in close proximity with rabbits." Patrick gave me a look. "I'm really not sure. I only know that once we had a relative with a rabbit and she started feeling sick when she got in the same room as it, so I took her home. She felt better after that, and I kind of asked the doctor about it. The doctor said it was just an allergy, so I've just kept her away from rabbits ever since." The girl sighed.

"That would explain a lot." She pushed open a door and I saw Ally in the center of what looked like a nurse's room, crying and flushed. I rushed to her.

"Oh, baby, what happened?" I asked as I hugged her. Patrick sat down next to her and held her hand.

"There was a bunny, and I went to go pet it. And then I throwed up and I feeled really bad and I cried cause they took the bunny away," she sniffled. I kissed the top of her head.

"Honey, you can't go near bunnies," I tried to explain.

"Why not?" she wailed. I sighed and squeezed my eyes shut, trying to find an explanation.

"They make you real sick," Patrick said. I smiled gratefully at him. "The bunnies don't want to make you sick, and they're real sorry, but they still make you sick."

She took her head from my shoulder and looked at Patrick suspiciously. "Why do I get sick then?"

"Because your body doesn't like the bunnies' fur. It's like every time you go near a bunny, you eat a bit of the bunny's fur and your tummy doesn't like it, so it spits it back up." Her eyes widened in shock.

"That's it?" she asked. He smiled at her and nodded. "I want a new tummy, Mommy. Tell Uncle Petey to get me one." I laughed.

"Well, as much as he would want to, Uncle Petey can't get you a new tummy." She wrinkled her nose.

"Yes he can. He told me he can get what he wants." Patrick smiled.

"Tell you what: You can ask Uncle Petey for a new tummy tomorrow when we see him, OK?" Patrick said. She nodded.

"Patty?" she asked. She had taken to calling him just Patty. He nodded. "Are you my daddy now?"
~~~~~
A/N: Cliffhanger :) You know you love me.

I'm not gonna be updating for about a week because I'll be out of the country. So leave me some wonderful reviews for when I get home and you all will receive souvenirs. Or virtual souvenirs for what they're worth.
Sign up to rate and review this story