Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > The Princess and The Avatar

Chapter Two: Dangerous Misunderstandings

by Zpan_Sven 0 reviews

The Senshi are in for a big surprise as they find out a mysterious stranger is also searching for Usagi's abductor for reasons all his own. Now it is a race against time and the US Special forces a...

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama - Characters: Usagi (Moon) - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2005-12-18 - Updated: 2008-03-13 - 4181 words

1Ambiance


THE PRINCESS AND THE AVATAR

AUTHOR: Zpan Sven

E-MAIL: Zpan(underscore)Sven(at)hotmail(dot)com

SUMMARY: Finding Mamoru in the arms of another, Usagi is saved from the Earth Prince's beating by a mysterious ninja and is brought into a world of mystical ancient tournaments....

CHAPTER SUMMARY: The Senshi are in for a big surprise as they find out a mysterious stranger is also searching for Usagi's abductor for reasons all his own. Now it is a race against time and the US Special forces and the mystery man for the Senshi. Will the three forces find Usagi and the ninja? And will Usagi want to return?

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Mortal Kombat or Sailor Moon. If you don't recognize it, odds are it's mine...

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Scorpious is 19, the Inner Senshi and Usagi is 17, Mamoru is 23, the Outer Senshi (Neptune, Uranus) is 21, Pluto looks 24 but is over 5000, Hotaru is 15, Carmen is 16, Scorpio* is over 100, although he looks around his late 20s early 30s. Normally I can't stand Rei/Sailor Mars, but for her fans, I'll be nice and change her character into something I can tolerate while trying to stay as true to her original character as I can. However, it's open season on Mamoru-baka. Kukukuku... For pics of the crew, head over to my DeviantArt account: www(dot)zpansven(dot)deviantart(dot)com

"Speech"

'Thought'

("Speech in a foreign language")

('Thought in a foreign language')

-Sign language-

.Telepathy..

TIMELINE: Post-Chaos Arc for Sailor Moon, Post-Mortal Kombat 4. Major AU on both sides.

RATING: PG-13

WARNINGS: LVSY/Y

ARCHIVE: Fanfiction.net, Mediaminer.org, DeviantART.com, Ficwad.com, others please ask.

JAPANESE- ENGLISH DICTIONARY:

Hai - Yes

Iie - no

Kono yaro - jerk, asshole, ect

Bakayaro - asshole, jerk, ect

Onna - woman

hime-sama - princess

Youma - monster, demon

Ore wa - I am. A rough way to introduce one's self.

Atashi wa - I am. Very feminine way of introducing oneself; can be considered flirty, often used by young women and flamboyantly homosexual men.

Nande - What

Nani - What

Tsuki no Hime - Princess of the Moon

Tsuki - Moon

Fuku - uniform, primarily the type worn by the Senshi

Miko - priestess

Gakki - brat

Temee - bastard

Kisama - bitch/bastard

Wakizashi - a smaller version of a katana, usually the backup weapon

Bo Shuriken - dagger-like shuriken

Hira Shuriken - normal Star-shaped shuriken, ranging from three points to six or more.

Tekko - hand covers/wrist guards

Kyahan - shin guards

Tabi - split toe socks worn with the traditional sandals. Modern versions of tabi have a hard rubber sole, making them into footwear on their own, generally favored by ninja.

Shinobi - another word for Ninja. Assassin.

-

CHAPTER TWO: A DANGEROUS MISUNDERSTANDING

-

A week had passed and for the Senshi, time seemed to stand still. Mamoru was still in critical condition and the Senshi were working frantically in an all out search for Usagi and her kidnapper, racing against time and the team led by Lt Blade. Unfortunately neither the police nor Lt. Blade's people had any leads to follow. Rei, the Priestess of Mars, had conferred with the rest of the Senshi available and in the end they decided on mystical means of location along side the use of Mercury's computer. In the end, they had decided to try a fire reading; it failed. She tried again...and again...and again, each time a failure. With the Outer Senshi missing, they had no way to contact Pluto for help and that further fueled their suspicion that a new enemy had emerged. After all who else would attack the Tsuki-hime and her beloved?



"...never has a fire reading failed like this. And never so many times in a row! Never!" Pacing back and forth, her robes in complete disarray, the young Miko's voice rose in her anxiety; she wrung her hands, a gesture none of her fellow Senshi could recall her doing before.



"We know, Rei." Ami said quietly. "We've not been very successful with my Mercury Computer either."



"And we are just as frightened and concerned as you are." Luna said from her position sitting by Artemis.



Both advisors were in their human forms, Artemis with a strong arm around his wife, whose crimson eyes were rimmed in red from lack of sleep and her constant tears; his long white hair mingled with her ebon curls, his white shirt and pants as disheveled as her golden-yellow sundress; the girls' school uniforms were only neat because of the care their respective parents had taken to keep them that way. Each of them had similar eyes - when they weren't in school or searching for their missing /hime-sama/, their time was spent together wallowing in their despair, proving the adage of'misery loves company' to be quite true.



At the chastisement, Rei stopped pacing and ranting; she fell to her knees and began to cry, her /miko/robes crumpled around her. Makoto and Ami rushed over to their comrade and hugged the crying Priestess-in-training tightly. After several moments no other sound was heard but the soft sobbing of the ebon-haired Senshi of Mars.



An abrupt rap on the door shattered the tense mood.



"Rei-chan? There is someone here to see you..." the soft voice of Hino-san came through the door before it slid open.



Sniffling, Rei wiped the tears from her red-rimmed violet eyes and looked up at the figure that towered over her tiny, ancient grandfather. Clad in black from throat to toe, he was just over six feet in height, possessing a powerful build; the fabric of his black turtleneck was practically molded to his muscular torso. Shoulder-blade length black hair was pulled back in a loose queue that bared his tanned, harsh face; the hazel-gold eyes peered at them icily from beneath perpetually scowling brows showed despite his physical appearance he was much older than he seemed.



"How may I help you, sir?" Rei asked, sniffling slightly. It was hard for the distraught teen to remain polite and only her grandfather's presence kept her that way.



"By staying out of my way when I to capture the kidnapper." The man stated abruptly in a harsh baritone.



"Why are you after the man that kidnapped our best friend?" Ami asked him, her analytical mind racing; was this man an ally or another enemy?



"It's a personal matter." The man frigidly informed the Senshi, his posture stiff and unyielding.



Minako gulped quietly and scooted over swiftly, all but hid behind Makoto. The self-proclaimed 'Goddess of Love'could all but see the darkness that existed in the man's heart and soul and it absolutely terrified her. The fine hairs on the back of her neck stood on end and gooseflesh appeared across her tanned skin. Makoto blinked in surprise at the stranger's coldness and Minako's reaction to him; normally the blonde would swoon over such an attractive man's rugged good looks. That she was now cowering in fear was something the Senshi of Jupiter hadn't been expecting.



"Just who are you?" Ami asked quietly, right when Lt. Blade made her presence known. The blonde officer had come to question the young women again and give as much an update she could on the dead-end of their search for the missing young woman.



"That's a good question. Answer it." Lt. Blade said from behind the man, drawing her gun and pointing it at the stranger. There was something about him that was very familiar and made her incredibly uneasy; the face his profile was familiar to her despite not having met him made her wary and hostile.



The man's lips curved into adisdainful sneer as he suddenly whirled around, casually batting at the blonde officer's gun; the shock of the blow numbed her fingers and it fell to the floor with a clatter. His other hand was moving as well, suddenly taking hold of Lt Blade by the throat and gripping her tight enough to immobilize her, but not do serious harm.



"My hunt for him is of my business and my business alone. Best you stay out of my affairs before I decide it's necessary to kill you." The tall man stated, lifting Lt. Blade into the air easily with one hand, "As for who I am, that to is none of your concern. Now be gone, /Onna/."



With an almost casual flick of his wrist he threw Lt. Blade into a wall. The stranger turned on his heel and swiftly exited the Temple as the Senshi scrambled to help the fallen woman...

-
-

-

Once more the petite blonde woke to the sound of dripping water - only this time it sounded...different, more like asoft splashing right near the cot the mysterious ninja had been letting her sleep in; of course it was plenty big enough even for the both of them to sleep on even though he would stoically sleep across the threshold of the door entering the loft's room. She opened her eyes and turned her head towards the sound and immediately stifled a gasp.



It was Scorpious. He stood beside the heating element that he used to heat their food and water, taking a sponge bath from a large chipped porcelain bowl that she recognized to have collected the dripping water previously; the towering ninja had a thin, worn white towel around his waist. Light curls of steam told her of the how hot the water he was using was and she heard the dripping-splashing sound again when he wrung out athin white rag.



Scorpious had his back mostly to her, and even in the dim light she could see the vicious scars that crisscrossed his broad back and shoulders, some curling down under the towel and continuing down the area visible on the backs of his powerful thighs. Along with those scars she could see a pair of tattoos; a scorpion done in black ink on his left lower back and an oriental dragon symbol in black and dark blue ink on his right shoulder blade. The muscles under his scar-covered flesh rippled as he ran the cloth over the back of his neck.



The ninja bent forward to wash his face, the movement causing the towel around his waist pull taunt over his hips, the slightly damp material hugging his tight muscular ass. It was a sight that would have had her boy crazy friends - and even some of her levelheaded ones -blush and even squeal in unadulterated glee.



Usagi tore her eyes away from the sight before her and felt a blush creep up her cheeks as she mentally scolded herself, 'Don't think about it...don't think about Scorpious's ass...even if it is...GAH!! I said stop it Tsukino Usagi Serenity! This man saved your life, remember? You owe him the common courtesy to bathe in peace without you ogling him like he was some piece of meat!'



Resolved to turn away by her stern self-lecture - even though for a moment he mental voice sounded similar to Luna's...-- she tried to sit up so that she could roll over comfortably. She stifled a groan, not expecting Scorpious to hear her. He straightened up and turned around to face Usagi. When he did, she noticed some of the scars on his back extended to cross over his shoulders, biceps, and pectorals. The damp towel was even wetter in the front making it nearly transparent and molded to front of his body like a second skin. He was by her side before she could blink in shock.



"Stop trying to get out of bed. The Human did a lot of damage to your ribs..." He ordered, placing a firm but gentle hand on her shoulder to begin pushing her back down onto the cot.



"Why do you call him 'Human'?Aren't you Human too?" Usagi asked him, wanting to distract herself from how close he stood to her in very little. Scars, rudeness, and all, he was kinder then Mamoru had ever been to her.



He blinked his gold eyes in surprised and sat on the edge of the bed. Taking a deep breath he stated matter-of-factly,"I am only one-fourth Human - the reminder is Demon and Saurian."



Scorpious looked Usagi directly in the eyes, waiting for her response.


"Wow...I knew that there were other species but never the Saurian...I thought they were a Myth..." Usagi replied.


The ninja blinked in shock that someone that knew nothing of the tournament knew about his kind as he exclaimed, "/Nande/?!"


Usagi blushed and nodded before replying hesitantly, "I too am not Human...I am Lunarian."



His gold eyes widened in surprise, his mind racing through the many myths he had learned of, "I thought they were extinct..."


"I am the reborn Tsuki no Hime," Usagi stated and began to tell him her long, sad tale, beginning from the time of the Silver Millennium up until he had saved her from Mamoru. She didn't know why she was telling him this...it just felt so...right.



Scorpious didn't know why, but he felt the need to protect and...comfort Usagi. That was quite confusing to the young ninja - he wasn't trained to deal with females, only to kill...

-
-

-
Walking through the warehouse district, the stranger searched for what would be a suitable location where the Ninja would have placed his hideout - it would have to be deserted for the most part, with running water and electricity optional but not required; that thankfully narrowed down the search. He was quite aware of the Sailor Senshi and Lt. Blade and her people following him, though he gave no sign of it. Coming to a halt before one of the abandoned warehouses, he ran a critical eye over it before he walked up to the boarded up door and began to tear the boards away from the door.



After he had the door unbarred, he calmly put his fist through the wood above the doorknob and reached down to unlock the door. Withdrawing his fist, he opened the now unlocked door and walked into the building leaving the door wide open...

-

-

-

Scorpious stiffened as he heard the fist go through the warehouse's main door. He quickly stood and walked over to his gym bag; he pulled out a clean ninja's uniform and without a thought of modesty, removed the towel from around his waist and swiftly dressed in his uniform. Pulling on his hood and facemask he turned back to face Usagi, who was blushing brightly at the quick peepshow he had allowed her. The sight of him in battle gear however, caused her to look up at him with fear and concern in her sapphire eyes.



He kneeled down beside her bed and looked her directly into the eyes.



"Someone has breached the outer defenses; I must stop them. Remain silent, Usagi...please?"



It was hard for him to say the word'please'. He was not used to asking anyone for anything and Usagi seemed to sense and understand that as she silently nodded. Scorpious smiled slightly behind his mask as he stood.



He turned away form Usagi and was almost out the door when her soft voice stopped him.



"Be careful, Scorpious," Usagi whispered.



Scorpious looked back at her and nodded sharply; he walked out the open doorway past his training area and stood above the main area that he had begun to call 'the battle arena' where he trained fighting imaginary multiple opponents. The ninja paused on a long narrow walkway and watched as a tall figure walked to the center of the arena. His gold eyes narrowed, for this figure was familiar to him. Cruelly he smirked behind his mask as four female figures in color-coded mock sailor fuku and Lt. Blade and some of her allies creep into the sidelines of the arena.



Scorpious crossed his muscular arms over his chest and composed his features into a threatening scowl.



"You dare enter here?!" He bellowed, throwing his voice so it would echo throughout the entire warehouse, sending shivers of fear down the spines of the Senshi.



The intruder looked up at Scorpious, a smirk crossing his face as he said, "We have unfinished business, /gakki/."


Scorpious gave off a soft growl and agilely flipped down from the walkway on which he stood to land gracefully on his feet, almost two yards away from the intruder; the hardwood floor didn't even creak under his added weight. He and the intruder assumed identical fighting stances. The intruder smirked as he leaped towards Scorpious as he brought his foot up to form a perfect jump kick.



Immediately Scorpious sidestepped the attack and back-flipped away from his opponent. The intruder landed in apile of rubbish; cursing he picked himself up and ran at the towering ninja who saw him coming and leapt up onto a nearby crate. Swiftly he jumped at the intruder as he reached out and grabbed hold of one of the numerous poles that crisscrossed the arena's ceiling and swung his feet forward, striking his opponent in the chest. He pulled himself up as his opponent was sent flying back.



Glowering at the intruder, Scorpious jumped down on him, his greater weight sending the other man to fall back and they rolled across the floor, kicking and punching the other every chance they got. They finally came to a stop when they struck a large crate. The intruder ended up on top and Scorpious started to curse loudly in a multitude of languages as the intruder laughed.


"Give up, /gakki/, you can never win against me!" The intruder said with a smirk.



"Stop calling me 'gakki', Scorpio! Just because you are my older brother does not give you that right!" Scorpious growled and Scorpio stood up.


Scorpio smirked at his little brother and pulled him up into a standing position as a familiar shriek echoed through the warehouse:


"Scorpious! Help!"

-

-

-

Usagi could hear the sounds of fighting and flinched every time she heard Scorpious curse and something break, either from a body slamming through it or a missed blow striking it. Nervously she shifted in the makeshift cot, cautious of her ribs as she worriedly wrung her hands. This was not something she wanted to do - she was Sailor Moon, she should be down there fighting...but she didn't have her henshin broach nor was she even fit enough to transform into her alter-ego. Blasted Mamoru-/temee/, busting up her ribs like he had and making her feel so useless!



A flicker of light caused her to tense as a shadowy figure filled the open doorway. Usagi tensed, clenching her fists as she prepared to move from the cot and grab the /wakizashi/Scorpious had left on the makeshift table beside the cot 'just in case' she needed it the few times he'd gone out to get them groceries and supplies.



The figure was a Ninja, but he was definitely not Scorpious; this one was just over six foot tall, with alean muscular build, with a ninja uniform edged in blue. His eyes were a cold hard blue and a vivid red scar trailed over his left eye.



While he was dressed similarly to Scorpious, Usagi had no clue if they were allies. The newcomer looked her over with intense scrutiny as though inspected her with x-ray vision, making the fine hairs on the nape of her neck and the back of her arms rise up. Shifting, she began to reach for the sheathed blade, opening her mouth to call for aid.



"Scorpious! Help!"

-

-

-

Scorpious pushed past his elder brother, and ran up the walkway's staircase, towards the room where Usagi was, panic coursing through his veins; he could barely hear Scorpio right behind him due to the blood pounding loudly in his ears. The steps were hard under his /tabi/-clad feet and his footsteps loud, echoing along with his pulse. Reaching the top of the stairs, he saw the blue and black clad ninja in the doorway and cursed; Sub-Zero, a renegade Lin Kuei ninja, whom could manipulate the moisture in the air around him to form deadly ice attacks and defensive shields.



Snarling a battle cry, Scorpious leapt at Sub-Zero as the icy ninja turned to face the younger, bigger, ninja and found himself on the ground before he could form and exploding ice clone of himself. Usagi watched as Scorpious took down the other ninja. She could hear them cursing each other as they rolled off the edge of the walkway and scrambled from the bed, grabbing the wakizashi despite her pain, determined to follow them.



Ever calm, Scorpious stifled the instinctive urge to scream as he and Sub-Zero went over the walkway's edge, still pummeling each other with their fists, elbows, and knees. They separated from each other as they plummeted through the air, each maneuvering to aposition that would result in less damage when they impacted with the crates and ground below. Scorpious grunted in pain as his body slammed into several empty crates, each of them shattering. He could hear Sub-Zero cursing as he met a similar fate.



Scorpious hissed as the last crate gave way beneath him and he fell head over heels before coming to a painful, jolting stop on the cold concrete floor. He pushed himself to his feet. He then heard the click of a gun and lifted his head to see Lt. Blade and her allies. Growling in annoyance, the towering ninja stood up straight, ignoring the pain racing through his ribcage; experience told him he had several bruised and possibly cracked ribs.



Glaring at Lt. Blade, Scorpious was unaware of his eyes flickering crimson. She blinked in surprise and aimed the gun at his sternum.



"Don't move, Scorpion!!" She snarled the order. "Where's the girl? If you've hurt her..."


"I told you once, onna - I am not Scorpion! Now leave, you have no business here!" Scorpious roared in annoyance.


"No business here?! You kidnapped Chiba Mamoru's girlfriend and beat him nearly to death! You must pay for your crimes!" Lt. Blade shouted at him. Honestly, of all the nerve!


"Kidnapped her?! Get your facts straight, /onna/! I /saved/her from being beaten to death by that pathetic Human!" Scorpious bellowed, crossing his arms over his chest as he glowered at the female officer.


To say that statement surprised the Senshi was putting it mildly - Mamoru would never lay a hand on his soul mate with intent to harm. Not willingly. They had no clue how they had been lied to and manipulated by the Earth prince at all.



Outraged at what she believed to be slander against her hime-sama's beloved, Mars sprang forward to attack Scorpious, screaming her denial, "That's a lie!"


Scorpio chose that moment to go from impartial observer to intervene; he leapt forward and kicked Mars from her mid-air attack path before she could reach his younger brother. The fiery Senshi crashed into her comrades as Scorpio agilely landed on his feet. Rising to her feet, the raven-haired beauty charged at the interloper and he spun swiftly, landing a roundhouse kick to her shoulder, sending her flying into Venus.



Both went down in a heap at Mercury's feet; the bluenette immediately went to help them as Jupiter shouted in rage and charged at Scorpio. He swiftly sidestepped the attack and stuck his foot out to casually trip her, causing her to fall forward into a crate. Finding her comrades fine, Mercury used the distraction of Jupiter's attack as time to prepare, channeling the icy energies of her planet.


"Mercury Shabon Spray Freezing!!" She shouted, throwing the icy attack at Scorpio.


The older man cursed as the attack hit him from behind, coating him in a layer of ice so frigid it burned him even through his clothing. Scorpio growled in annoyance as he flexed his muscles and turned his head to glower at Mercury. She panted slightly and leapt at him, her gloved fist drawn back in preparation to hit him. The ice fell away as he suddenly spin, striking her in the sternum with his palm. He could feel the fragile bone under his hand crack but didn't shatter; after all, he'd only used very little of his strength against the young woman.



Scorpio turned as he heard Jupiter bellow in rage once more, reflexively bracing himself, but saw Scorpious deliver a light but accurate chop to the back of her neck, sending her falling to the ground, unconscious.



Scorpious turned to face his older brother, opening his mouth to speak when a deafening gunshot echoed throughout the warehouse. Reflexively Scorpious grabbed right under his heart at where he'd thought a pebble had struck him.



Scorpio watched in horror as his younger sibling coughed as he staggered forward, orange colored blood suddenly frothing at his lips, blood seeping from between his fingers.
Sign up to rate and review this story