Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > World Tour

Chapter 01 - Awakening

by CCero 0 reviews

For a select group of persons, the physics of their world will be manipulated through an accident which allows them to harness the ancient power of chi. Thrown into a struggle created from the mind...

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi - Published: 2005-12-19 - Updated: 2005-12-20 - 1058 words

0Unrated
Flowers were in bloom, the sky was clear, and it was just another weekday of tedious work on his behalf. He couldn't concentrate on his studies today, though, as other things were on his mind. Things that were...unusual. He couldn't recall what happened the day before, or what happened to change him this way. It could have just been his imagination, but he was very tempted to try and do it again.

"I wonder," he said to himself, "if I tried hard enough, would it be possible?"

He put down his pen and pushed himself away from his desk as he held up his hand. He was staring intently at his hand, as if waiting for something to spontaneously happen.

"Nah. That's not possible. Had to have bee--" he paused in mid-sentence and looked over his hand at the pen on his desk. He leaned forward towards the desk and picked up his pen again. He looked at it for a moment as he twisted it in his fingers. Biting down on his lip he looked towards the floor, contemplating. A look of curiosity seemed to cross his face, and after a moment he took a deep breath and lifted his head back up. He remained stationary for a moment, when he suddenly threw the pen into the air.

As if it was nothing more than a reflex, he jerked his arm upwards as his palm flew open. He felt the pressure on his wrist as the ball of light illuminated through his fingers before rocketing towards the pen. The pen was completely incinerated upon contact with the orb, but the orb continued on it's course, and collided with the ceiling. To his surprise and fortune, it didn't cause a hole, but it did leave an impact crater behind.

Small particles of light fell from the impact point along with the white chips and dust from which the ceiling was made of. He just looked on in awe, and as if still maintaining that same expression of surprise, he broke a smile.

He jumped up from his seat. "HA HA! YES! THAT IS AWESOME!" He was bewildered that he could do such a feat, and he continued to just stare at his hands. He broke from his excitement long enough to gather himself and settle down, and sat back down in his chair. He turned to his computer and powered on the monitor.

"I need something to take my mind off of...off of this." He couldn't help but be excited. Thoughts filled his head on what he could possibly do with this kind of ability. It would gather all kinds of attention, possibly even loads of money. However, these thoughts ceased when he looked at his monitor and a Windows error box had sprung up. He sighed angrily and hit the Enter key. As the system attempted to restore itself, it suddenly froze.

"Goddamnit," he said to himself as he was about to press the reset button on his computer. He stopped a few centimeters before he reached it and drew his finger back. "Who cares about a computer, when I can try and see what else I can do?" He smirked and stood up from his chair, walking out of the room.

Though, just who is 'he,' you ask? 'He' is a fourteen year old boy, and his name is Heero.


. . . . .


"Hurry up, will you?" He was growing impatient of the teller's stalling. He could tell she was biding her time to await for the police to arrive at the bank. She didn't want to hand over the money, after all, even if she did survive this, it would surely cost her her job. Her manager was strict, and unfortunately for her, was not here to witness this. He was no ordinary thief. Hell, he was pretty polite about the whole incident. However, what he could do frightened her.

"I'm...I'm moving as fast as I can," she stuttered, intimidated by his presence. Not by his appearance, but by what he held on the tip of his finger.

He was very direct when he walked into the bank not even 10 minutes earlier. He opened the door, and walked straight to the only open teller. Unfortunately, she had to be it.

"I'll be as blunt as possible. Take this," he threw the vinyl sack he was holding down in front of her, "and fill it with money. American currency, don't pull that foreign bill crap on me."

She just chuckled. "You're kidding, right? You don't even have a gun. You're not even carrying a weapon at all. Sorry kid, I can't give you any money." He knew it wouldn't be that easy, this was the whole reason he decided to rob the bank in the first place.

He raised up his finger as the air around it began to center on his fingertip. After just a brief moment, a small ball of light, no bigger than a marble, had formed at his finger tip. She cocked her eye, perplexed. He pointed his finger directly at her. Her eyes widened. She wasn't scared...at least not yet, though his sudden action surprised her.

Without warning, the small marble-like object had shot forward, past her shoulder and through her hair, crashing into the computer on the desk behind her. The computer exploded instantly, but it wasn't the computer that startled her. Oh no, but the ball ripped right through her hair. She could feel the ends of her fall off and down her back.

The police had finally arrived on the scene. A mood killer, for sure. He needed a way out, and fast. He gripped his wrist with his left hand and began to form an energy ball. Everybody in the bank knew what was about to come, and dropped to the ground immediately. He let go of his wrist and drew his arm back, hurling the sphere for the entrance the door. The door and wall around it exploded, creating a smokescreen of dust blocking the line of sight between him and the law enforcement. He shot his arms upward, firing a beam to tear a hole in the ceiling. As the debris fell around him, he leaped into the air, literally flying into the sky and away from the bank.

"Damnit," he muttered to himself.
Sign up to rate and review this story