Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > World Tour

Chapter 02 - Rage

by CCero 0 reviews

As two novice warriors are unaware of their inevitable confrontation, elsewhere a mysterious assailant extracts his revenge upon an old enemy.

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2005-12-19 - Updated: 2005-12-20 - 899 words

0Unrated
His aura flared up as he let out a scream. The grass rapidly swayed around him, and dust was lifted up and thrown into the wind. It was only a moment, but it was more than enough to induce fatigue. He dropped down to one knee and caught his breath as the aura subsided. "Damn!" he shouted. He clenched the ground underneath him.

Heero knew it would take all he had in order to, as he would put it, 'unlock' his abilities. He wasn't in bad shape, but he had no idea what to do. How could he? No one else had ever done this before. Feeling ready to try again, he slowly stood back and took a deep breath.

"I'll need to work on that some. I know there's more to it than just screaming at the top of your lungs." He folded his arms and looked up into the sky.

"Of course!" he exclaimed, "I can try flying."

He knew in his mind there could be severe consequences if he were to screw this up, but something as useful as flying he wouldn't dare pass up, even if he could only hover off the ground a few feet. "Alright," he said to himself, dropping his arms and preparing himself. He closed his eyes and relaxed for a moment, then suddenly leaped high into the air. After a few seconds, he re-opened his eyes.

"I did it! YES! I--"

And came right back down. Head first.

"ARRGH!" He sat up and clutched his skull with both hands. He could feel his head throbbing from the impact, and rolled around on the ground in a toddler like fashion, kicking as a reflex to the pain. He sprung to his feet, angry at the pain his failure had caused him.

"GODDAMNIT! GODDAMNIT IT ALL!" He was too preoccupied with the throbbing that he hadn't realized he had unknowingly unleashed an aura around himself. Unlike last time, this aura was heavy with energy, yet it had no color to it. It was a faint white in color, almost transparent, and rippled around Heero in a slow and steady manner. He began to calm down as the pain slowly left him, and the aura began to dissipate as well.

"Okay...I'm good..."

He looked down and noticed the aura he developed was subsiding. He didn't think anything of it at that moment, for he knew he would have to try again in order to fully grasp it's potential.

Heero's sudden outburst of rage didn't cause any nearby commotion, but his aura's power had attracted the attention of someone who was not even near Heero's location.

"How odd. It was as if I could feel...energy." Zodo had fled from the city where he held up a bank earlier in the day. He was now high above another city, far away from where he was previously at. It was an odd feeling to describe, as if instead of butterflies in his stomach, they were in his brain. Zodo pondered for a moment on whether or not to go to where the energy was. He didn't know what to expect, but he followed his instincts and flew towards the unfamiliar signal.


. . . . .


The fire was spreading rapidly. The walls and furniture of the house had been set ablaze, but that made the scenario all the more terrifying for her. She had backed herself against the wall and slowly slid down it, bawling her eyes out, whispering over and over to herself, "This cannot be happening. This cannot be happening."

"Oh, but it is," he said. He could be seen clearly from the fire's glow, yet she did not recognize him at all. He had come into her house without any word of warning, and began to shed the blood of her family. Her parents and brother had met his wrath, and had died very painful and gruesome deaths. Their corpses were piled on the sofa, the fire consuming their bodies and the couch they lay on.

"What do you want from me?!" she shouted in a raspy voice, as she couldn't control her tears. The man's face kept it's stern, emotionless expression.

She shouted again, "ANSWER ME, DAMN YOU!"

He narrowed his eyes, and coldly replied, "I want you to /suffer/."

He picked her up by the hair, lifting her off to ground completely as she thrashed about in the air. She screamed and hollered, "LET ME GO! LET ME GO!!!" He was tired of her belligerence, and with one mighty swing, threw her across the room, straight through the sliding glass door. She smashed through the glass and landed on the hard, concrete patio as shards of glass rained down upon her. She was in too much pain to scream, but she knew she had to at least try to get away.

She began to crawl, cutting her arms and stomach as she scrapped along the glass fragments that lay around her. It wasn't long before the mysterious figure came out of the house. He took his time to make his way out of the house and towards her. He was in no hurry because, after all, he knew she wouldn't be escaping any time soon. He put his foot on her left leg, not allowing her to crawl further away. She was terrified, wounded, and unable to move.

Her fate had been sealed.
Sign up to rate and review this story