Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Times Square Can't Shine As Bright As You

Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster

by lil_chica007 0 reviews

Haley and Pete go shopping...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-08-12 - Updated: 2007-08-13 - 2127 words - Complete

0Unrated
Finally!!! I was starting to give up hope that the site would ever come back up! The title is from Lying Is the Most Fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off. Enjoy!


At ten after 1, Pete knocked on the door to William and Haleys apartment. He hadnt spent an unusually long time picking out his out his outfit, but he had made sure he looked nice. He was wearing a black t shirt and a green hoodie, not too tight but still vaguely girlie jeans and white converse. He wanted to make a good impression on Haley, everyone had agreed last night when she was inside with Gabe that she really needed friends right now. And Pete was determined to be the first.
‽Hey.” William said opening the door. ‽I think Haleys still asleep. I tried waking her up a while ago, and she threw a shoe at me.” They walked back to Haleys room, and William knocked as he swung the door open. ‽Hales? Petes here, are you up yet?” All the blankets were piled up in a mound in the center of the bed, and all that was visible was a hand and a giant mass of black hair. When there was no sign of movement, William walked over to the bed and poked the blob. The hand twitched and slowly pushed some of the hair out of the way, revealing one green eye.
‽Oh, shit. What time is it?”
‽1:15. Petes here.” William nodded towards Pete standing in the doorway. Haley craned her neck up and looked over at him.
‽Oh, hey Pete. Ill be ready in 10 minutes.” She waved and got up, dragging her blankets into the bathroom with her.

Half an hour later, they were in Petes car on the way to the mall. Haley impressed herself with the speed at which she got ready. Shes showered, gotten dressed in skinny jeans cut off at the knees, an orange baby doll top and flip flops, and done her makeup all in 15 minutes. She, however, didnt have time to dry her hair, and it was now starting to get wavy.
‽I havent been to the mall in so long. I used to go to this mall with my friends in middle school.” She yawned, glancing over at Pete.
‽Youll be amazed at how much its changed since you saw it. But first, I think you need some coffee.”
‽Yes please.” Pete made a quick turn into the Starbucks.

‽Im sorry I made you wait. I thought I set my alarm for 10:30, but I probably set it for pm by accident. I do that a lot.” Haley said, as they approached the counter.
‽Its ok. Ive been there myself many times. Do you know what you want?”
‽Um, grande mocha frappuccino please.” She said to the girl standing behind the counter, who was obviously staring at Pete. ‽I can pay for mine.” She reached into her purse and handed him some money. Pete pushed her hand away.
‽No, I got it.”
‽Are you sure?” she asked, trying to hand him the money again.
‽Ive seen you naked, its the least I can do.” The girl stopped smiling at Pete and glared at Haley.
‽Well if you put it that way…” She giggled and put the cash away. ‽Thats all I have anyway. All the rest of my money is still Japanese.” She said, looking through her wallet.

As they were pulling into the mall parking lot, Haley was quickly gulping the last of her coffee, to finish it before they went inside. ‽So…nice Volvo.” She said sarcastically, between slurps.
‽What?”
‽Whats with the sensible car? From everything Ive heard, I would have expected you to drive something ridiculous.”
‽Shut up! Its my moms.”
‽Why are you driving your moms car?”
‽I used to drive my sisters, its purple. I moved to L.A. about a year ago. Ive only been back for the last couple weeks while were getting ready for the tour and Im staying with my parents.” He looked over at Haley nodding her head in understanding.
‽I could see you in purple.” She said thoughtfully, making Pete laugh as he pulled into a parking space.

As they walked into the mall, Pete pulled his hood up and put on his sunglasses.
‽Ok, whats with the disguise? Its Tuesday, all the 14 year old girls are at school.”
‽You can never be too careful. I just want to hang out, I dont want to be interrupted every 10 feet. And not all our fans are 14 year old girls!”
‽If anybody, I should be the one hiding.”
‽Why do you say that?” Pete asked, confused. Haley grabbed his arm to stop him and pointed at a giant poster in the window of Victorias Secret.
‽Because thats me.” Pete looked at the picture of Haley with her hands on her hips, wearing a black bra and panties set and a giant diamond necklace and bracelets, with her hair blowing in the wind.
‽Yes. It. Is.” Pete smiled, pushing his glasses up his head. Haley smacked his arm.
‽Ugh, youre such a guy.” She tilted her head, and took another look at the poster. ‽I dont like it. I look like Wonder Woman or something.” She said, imitating the pose.

They started walking around the mall, looking in the windows of the different stores. ‽If you want to go in anywhere, just say so.” Pete suggested.
‽Ok. Ooh shoes!” Haley skipped off into a store, pulling Pete with her. ‽I like these.” She held up a pair of purple and green sneakers. ‽And these.” She held up a pair of green and silver ones. When they finally left the store almost an hour later, Haley had bought a pair of flip-flops and 2 pairs of sneakers. Including a pair of navy blue and orange ones matching the ones that were in Petes shopping bag.
‽I cant believe we bought the same shoes.” he laughed.
‽I saw them first.”
‽You did not!”
‽I was in line paying, before you tried them on. Its not MY fault they were in the guys AND girls section.” she pointed out.
‽I guess you have a point.”
‽Im hungry. My tummys grumbling” Haley said rubbing her stomach.
‽But we just ate.”
‽Coffee is not food. Coffee is coffee. It doesnt count.”
‽Alright. Where do you want to go?”
‽hmm…” Haley tapped her finger on her chin ‽McDondalds!” she thrust her fist in the air and headed off in the direction of the food court. Pete had to hurry to catch up.


‽I thought your kind of people didnt eat.” Pete said as they sat down with their food at McDonalds.
‽What kind of people would that be?” Haley asked through a mouth full of fries.
‽The kind of people in the Wonder Woman ad in the Victorias Secret window.” Pete smirked. Three teenage guys at the next table looked over at them and started whispering to each other when Pete said this. Haley shrugged and shoved more fries in her mouth.
‽I have a high metabolism, Ive been skinny since I was in kindergarten. I eat like a horse.” They both laughed.
‽Speaking of which…arent models usually like 10 feet tall?” Haley laughed.
‽Yeah, most of them are, but theres always an exception. Kate Moss is short too. Shes the same height as me.”
‽Which is?”
‽56 and a half” Pete quietly laughed. ‽Whats so funny?”
‽Im only 57”
‽Thats because youre short too.” Haley flicked her straw wrapper at Pete.
‽Hey!” Pete threw a fry back at her.
‽So, whats new? Since yesterday.” Haley asked, looking up at Pete. He swallowed his food and shook his head.
‽Nothing much. Weve all been really busy getting ready for this tour. Making last minute changes and stuff. What about you?”
‽Well, Ive been going to therapy. Catching up on my Spanish soap operas. You know, the usual.” She smiled. ‽I enter rehab the day after you guys leave.”
‽Really? For how long.”
‽A month.”
‽What are you going to do when you get out?”
‽I dont know yet. Bill said I could come join the tour, but my therapist didnt think that was a good idea. Im still supposed to go to, like, meetings and stuff. She said I could stay at home alone if I had someone who could stay with me or come check on me once in a while. The only thing is, my parents are going on vacation right around then for their anniversary, and I havent really stayed in contact with any of my old friends. My grandma lives in Florida, but she said she could come stay with me if I want.”
‽Do you want?”
‽Not really. She wears a fanny pack and plays shuffleboard for money.”
‽What do you mean?”
‽Shes been kicked out of 2 retirement homes for hustling the old people out of their social security checks.” Pete cracked up.
‽Oh my god, thats hilarious.”
‽My grandmas amazing, I just dont want her taking responsibility for me! Im afraid for my life!”
‽Well, my parents took care of me when I had my incident with the Ativan. I know youve never met them, but Im sure my mom would be more than happy to check in on you every once in a while if you dont have anyone else.”
‽She doesnt have to.”
‽Its no big deal. And if you dont have anyone to take care of you, the hospital would probably just keep you an extra month until we got back.” Haley grimaced.
‽Eew, youre probably right.”

They walked around the mall for a while more. They each bought a few more things, but mostly they just talked and walked. They went to Hot Topic and Pete bought a Nightmare Before Christmas hoodie, and Haley bought a Hello Kitty t-shirt. And they went to Sephora, where Haley bought almost $100 worth of lip gloss and glittery Urban Decay eyeshadows. And she made Pete stock up on eyeliner for the tour.
‽But its so expensive. The stuff I have is fine.”
‽The eyeliner you have cost 99 cents. Its cheap and will make you go blind. This is good, and wont run and sting your eyes when you sweat.” They argued as they walked out of the store.

They were walking back towards the Victorias Secret when they ran into the 3 guys from the food court.
‽Hey!” one of the guys called towards Haley. Pete moved in front of her defensively.
‽Can I help you with something?”
‽I was talking to her.” He nodded at Haley, peeking out from over Petes shoulder.
‽Its ok Pete.” She put her hand on his shoulder and whispered in his ear, giving him goose bumps. He moved out of the way, and Haley looked at the guys questioningly.
‽My friends wanted to know.” He gestured back at the other two. ‽That chick in the picture. Iona. Is that really you?” he asked, trying to look tough.
‽Yeah, it is.”
‽Dude I told you!” one of the guys said from behind him.
‽What are you doing in Chicago?”
‽I grew up here, Im visiting some family.”
‽Could we, like, get a picture with you? In front of the sign?” he held up a digital camera.
‽Sure, why not?” She handed Pete her bags.
‽Do you want me to take it?” he offered.
‽Thanks. Hey, arent you that dude from that emo band?”
‽Yeah, I am.” Pete said flatly.
‽Man, my girlfriend likes you guys.”
‽Thanks, I guess.” The guys took a few pictures with Haley, and one with Pete for his girlfriend before more people started noticing them. By now, it was after 4:00 and the middle school crowd had started forming, bringing with it the teenys.
‽We should probably get going before people start noticing.” Haley suggested to Pete before turning back to the guys. ‽What did you say your names were?”
‽Im Matt. And this is Kyle and Dan.” She shook all of their hands and grabbed her bags, turning to leave.
‽Hey wait! Can we ask you a question?” Matt said.
‽Sure, what?”
‽Did you really make out with Heidi Klum at P. Diddys party?” Haley laughed.
‽It was Gisele, and no. It was just a rumor. Id forgotten about that one.”
‽So that sex tape thats all over the internet…”
‽Unfortunately, that ones real.”
‽So you Paris Hilton-ed the guy from Midtown!” all three guys cheered.
‽Hes in Cobra Starship now. I take it you downloaded it.”
‽Hell yeah!”
‽Weve got to go.” Haley pulled Pete by the arm out the mall exit.
‽Well look on the bright side.” Pete suggested.
‽Whats that?”
‽I never knew Paris Hilton was a verb.” He said, making Haley laugh about the situation.
Sign up to rate and review this story