Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Times Square Can't Shine As Bright As You

This wasn't what you wanted, was it?

by lil_chica007 3 reviews

the tour starts

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2007-08-12 - Updated: 2007-08-13 - 1195 words - Complete

0Unrated
‽So are you sure youre going to be ok?” William asked, dragging his bags from the car over to the tour bus.
‽Petes moms going to baby sit me. Ill be fine.” Haley said, following him back and forth.
‽Ill call you in the hospital. And Mom and Dad will come and visit before they leave. Use my car to go wherever you want.”
‽Ok. Do you need any help?” she watched him take another suitcase out of the car and reached for the last bag.
‽No! Youre not supposed to lift anything heavy. Your stitches will rip out.” He grabbed the bag from her and started walking.
‽Theyre almost healed. Look.” She pulled back the edge of the bandage on her wrist.
‽Thats great. The scars dont look that bad, either.”
‽Yeah, I know.” Just then Sisky and the Butcher walked around the corner of the bus. Sisky ran over to Haley and wrapped her in a giant bear hug.
‽Im gonna miss you.”
‽Who am I going to watch Telemundo with?”
‽And we were just about to find out if Gabriellas baby was Eduardos or the mysterious stranger.”
‽Ill email you and tell you how it all works out.” She said, extracting herself from his grip.
‽So, the two of us,” he pointed at himself and the Butcher. ‽We made you a Myspace, and we all expect you to blog every day.”
‽When did you make me a Myspace?”
‽Last night. We gave you a fake name of course.” The Butcher smiled.
‽So tell me, who am I?” She laughed.
‽Your name is Betsy Johansson. Named, of course, after Miss Scarlett Johansson.” Sisky said, high fiving the Butcher at the mention of Scarlett. Haley just shook her head.
‽Youre from Seattle, and you like Taking Back Sunday, old school Madonna, No Doubt, Say Anything and Green Day.” The Butcher continued.
‽But I really do like them.”
‽We looked through your iPod when you were in the shower.” He added as Sisky nodded seriously.
‽Ok, thats just creepy.”
‽Yeah, probably.” Sisky shrugged. ‽Anyway, we should get the rest of our stuff onto the bus. We have to leave soon.”
‽Yeah. I should go find Pete anyway. He wanted me to meet his mom.”
‽I saw him over there a couple minutes ago.” The Butcher pointed over to the Fall Out Boy buses.
‽Ill see you guys later.” She hugged them both and headed off in the direction he pointed.

‽Hello?” she approached the buses, but didnt see anybody around. She heard a shriek and a loud thud come from one of them and stuck her head in to see what it was. ‽Pete?”
‽Oh, hey.” He said looking up at her from the ground where he was lying underneath another guy Haley had never met before. ‽I didnt know you guys were here yet. My moms excited to meet you.” He pushed the guy off of him and stood up, brushing his clothes off.
‽Do I want to know whats going on?” she asked, looking between him and the guy now standing next to him.
‽Oh, right. This is Dirty. We were practicing our wrestling moves.”
‽Right…” she said skeptically, following Pete out of the bus.
‽We were. Come on, my moms over talking to Bob.” He put his arm around her back to guide Haley in the right direction, accidentally putting his hand on her butt. Haley smirked a little, not saying anything. ‽Oh, shit. Im sorry.” He pulled his hand away.
‽Its ok.”
‽I totally didnt mean to grab your ass.” He laughed.
‽Sure you did.” Haley laughed as they approached Bob and the woman she assumed was Petes mom.
‽Mom, this is Bills sister Haley.”
‽Oh, its so nice to meet you. Ive heard so much about you.” Mrs. Wentz embraced Haley in a big hug.
‽Really?”
‽Pete talks about you all the time.” Haley looked over at Pete who was staring at his shoes, his face bright red. Mrs. Wentz pulled back and looked Haley in the eyes. ‽If you need anything, just call. Anytime. Even if its the middle of the night.”
‽Ok. Thanks.”
‽And Ill stop by to check in after work. Im usually done around 3:30.” Haley nodded. Mrs. Wentz glanced over at Pete, still shuffling his feet and blushing, and turned Haley around so Pete was behind them. ‽Now, he tells me you have to check in to the rehab hospital in the morning. How are your parents feeling about that? Are they going to be around? I dont want you to be in there alone.”
‽No theyre fine. Theyre just going on a cruise, the week I get out. So no one will be around until the tours over.”
‽Ok. Thats good.”

Haley hung around until the buses were ready to leave. She didnt have anything better to do.
‽I really wish you were coming too.” Victoria said, sitting next to Haley on the hood of Williams car.
‽I do too. Its a lot more fun than sitting in the hospital with a bunch of junkies.”
‽It would be nice just to have someone else on the tour who understands that certain times of the month, you cant stand to be surrounded by Guitar Hero ALL DAY!” they both laughed. ‽But youll come on the next tour? After youre better.”
‽Of course.”
‽Hey Victoria! Were ready to go!” Gabe called, walking towards the two girls.
‽Ill talk to you later.” Victoria stood up and hugged Haley quickly.
‽Send me a Myspace message!”
‽Oh yeah. I heard about that, Betsy.” Victoria laughed and walked past Gabe, back to the bus.
‽Hey.” Gabe stopped in front of Haley.
‽Hey.” She stood up, putting her hands in her pockets.
‽Youre not going to run away again are you?”
‽I wouldnt do that to you again. Besides, Im going to be in the hospital.”
‽And then Petes mom is going to take care of you.”
‽Yes, shes very enthusiastic.” Haley laughed.
‽Id better go.” Gabe kissed Haleys cheek, lingering a little longer than he intended.

Pete watched Gabe and Haley out the bus window from across the parking lot. He couldnt tell what they were talking about, but he saw Haley laughing and he saw Gabe kiss her. He felt a strange pang in his chest. She had hugged everyone goodbye except for him. Granted, he was the only one who hadnt tried. He DID touch her butt though he thought, smiling. None of the other guys had done that. Dirty walked over and looked out the window to see what Pete was staring at so intently.
‽Do I sense a love triangle?” He joked.
‽Shut up. Its not like that.”
‽You just keep telling yourself that.” Joe said not looking up from the magazine he was reading.
‽At least shes already in with your mom.” Dirty suggested as Pete went back to his bunk to pout.

Haley sat on the hood of the car and watched all of the buses pull out of the lot. She started the car and drove home. That night, she cried herself to sleep, dreading what the next two months would bring.

please review
Sign up to rate and review this story