Categories > Anime/Manga > Pet Shop of Horrors > D is for...

A Certain Lack of Conversation

by Eternatis 0 reviews

Leon wrote postcards and Jill sent emails.

Category: Pet Shop of Horrors - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Jill,Leon - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-08-13 - Updated: 2007-08-13 - 238 words

0Unrated
They kept in touch after Leon left.

(Leon wrote postcards. This is where I am. This is how close I was.

Jill sent emails, long, chatty things written with a breeziness so false even Leon couldn't have mistaken it. /This is what's happened, this is what you're missing, this is what you'll have to come back to eventually./)

There was no actual conversation involved - if he checked his email, he never mentioned anything, and Jill never asked about the places he'd been. He probably spent the time too focused on D to even notice where he was.

(Leon rang her apartment while she was at work and left drunken messages on her answerphone. It was real, I don't care what you say. It was real and I'm not giving up, because I'm gonna find the bastard and drag his skinny as back to LA.

Jill left him a slightly more sober message in return. /Remind me why I'm doing your job as well as mine? Try going here next, there's been a series of animal attacks./)

Still, they'd been partners long enough that they knew what they meant, even without the conversation.

(I was right, it was real, this is all I've got left.

Good luck. Be careful. Come back before you lose what little sanity you have left.
)

At least this way, Leon had to let her have her say instead of arguing every five seconds.
Sign up to rate and review this story