Categories > TV > Criss Angel Mindfreak > Living in a house of cards.

"Just like magic"

by Ashes-and-Casey 2 reviews

Category: Criss Angel Mindfreak - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Parody - Published: 2007-08-13 - Updated: 2007-08-13 - 778 words

2Original
"How do you know my father?" I asked as we stepped into the local park.
"Your father and my father used to be good friends," Criss started slowly. "One summer my dad took me to a cabin on the lake,"
"Let me guess;" I interrupted. "My great grandfather Charles's cabin?"
"Yeah," He said quietly as we stepped into the old abandoned playground. A thin layer of snow covered the ground making it seem colder than it really was. It was eerily dark out; even though it was only about four in the afternoon. The swings swayed in the wind unoccupied; I stopped, remembering when my father would take me here and push me on the swings when I was a child. I soon became submersed in memories; the snow started to melt and golden leaves fell silently around my childish playing…


"I want to go higher daddy!" I would yell.


"Okay!" He would laugh and push me more. "Someday you'll be able to get higher without my help and then you won't need your old man."


"Daddy! Don’t be silly I'll all ways need you to push me!" I giggled. He would smile and I now know that he was hiding a secret from me. I can see it in his eyes as he watches me on the swing. He was trying to protect me.
"Daddy! I want to go on the slide!" I yelled. He smiled wider and stopped
the swing. I jumped down and ran to the green slide. Laughing all the way up the stairs. "Daddy, Daddy! Catch me!" He always would. Then I ran to the jungle gym. I always loved climbing up the latter and have the feeling of (almost) hovering in the air. I laughed moving to the next bar; but my hand slipped and I landed on my knee scraping it. My father rushed to my side as tear started to stain my face. He smiled lifting my hands that had clutched the wound.


"Oh that’s nothing my little Chas can't handle." He said softly. He placed his right hand over my knee and kissed my forehead. When he picked his hand back up the cut was gone. "There, all gone!"


"Just like magic! Thank you daddy!" I smiled and hugged him. "I love you; you're the best daddy in the world!"


"Well, you’re the best daughter in the world!" He told me picking my small form up. "Why don’t we get home and have some ice cream?"


"Okay!" I said wrapping my little arms around his neck.



I watched as my father carried me as a child out of the park. The leaves started to blow away as the snow started to fall again. Dark clouds began to loom overhead and drift down over me. They were suffocating. I started to loose my breath quickly as I tried not to breath in the toxic clouds. Consciousness was escaping me…



"Chastity!" I heard in the distance. "Chastity, come on wake up!"
"Wake up?" I asked. "But I'm not sleeping!"
"Come on, come on!" The voice said.
"Hello? Who are you?!" I asked. "Can you hear me?!"
"Chastity, come on girl, wake up!"
"I told you before I'm not sleeping!" I told the voice. "At least I don't think
so." I looked around to see the same old park covered in snow. Then I saw Criss kneeling on the ground. I walked closer.
"Chastity! Come on wake up!" The voice said sound closer. I reached
Criss and saw myself on the ground next to him. "Why the hell is it taking you this long to wake up!" The voice was right in front of me coming from Criss.


"Chastity, wake up!" My eyes snapped open. My body was cold but my
blood ran hot. "Thank god." Criss said from above me. I blinked a few times trying to figure out what had happened.
"Criss, what happened?" I asked slowly sitting up. He quickly helped me sit up straight.
"I think from the look of it you had a very powerful flashback." He said. I crossed my legs together.
"What do you mean, from the look of it?" I asked looking him in the eye.
"Well, you spaced out so bad I couldn't get your attention and then you passed out. I didn’t dare move you." He said feeling my forehead. "Your warm we should probably get you back. Can you stand?" I just stared at him for a moment to shocked to say anything. He helped me to my feet; I felt like the ground was shaking. Criss supported me all the way back to his house.
Sign up to rate and review this story