Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Best Friends, Ex Friends Til The End Better Off As Lovers

Chapter 6: When Love Dies

by patricksgirl84 0 reviews

A pregnancy does strange things to people

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-08-13 - Updated: 2007-08-14 - 3286 words - Complete

0Unrated
"What?" Destiny asked. "I know you care for Patrick and things are moving forward for him." "I just thought this way he can follow his dream and you can still have security for you and your baby." "I don't know. What am I suppose to tell Patrick. Oh by the way I'm pregnant but it's not yours. When it really is." "No, break up with him. And go out with me. We can tell everyone you are pregnant in a month or two. Or you can tell him we slept together. I know that will hurt him though, but then we wouldn't have to explain you having the baby early." "Yeah. Can I think about it? I just don't know what to do." Destiny started crying. "Come here." She went into Josh's arms. "Shhh. You will get through this."

There was a knock on the door. "Who could that be?" "You sit and I'll get the door." Josh said. Josh went to the door. "Uh, Patrick." "Josh. What the hell are you doing here?" "Um, I had to talk to Destiny about our project." "At 6 in the morning?" "Yeah. She's in the living room." Patrick walked to the living room. "Destiny, what's going on?" "Nothing." "Something is wrong. Josh is here early morning and you've been crying." Destiny knew what she had to do. "Patrick, I slept with Josh and I'm pregnant with his child." "What? Are you serious?" "Yes. I'm sorry, Patty." "Stop. Stop calling me that. Why? Wasn't I good enough?" "Yes, you were. It just happened once." "Is that suppose to make me feel better. God, this can't be happening." Patrick ran his fingers through his hair. "What are you going to do with the baby?" "I'm keeping it. Josh and I are getting married once he graduates next month." "Married? This just keeps getting better." "Patrick, there will be someone else for you. You have so much going on right now. You don't need me." "What are you saying? I need you. I wanted to spend my life with you." "No, live your life. Go and make music. I love you and always will. Remember that, but there will be someone else." Destiny gave Patrick one final kiss.

He took her and pulled her away. "Don't ever kiss me again. I want nothing to do with you." He turned to face Josh. "And you. What the hell were you thinking? You have always wanted her and now you have her." Patrick threw a punch at Josh. "Stop it Patrick. Don't do this." She grabbed Patrick off of Josh, but he was too strong. Patrick swung back and accidently hit Destiny in the face and she fell to the ground. "You asshole. Get off of me." Josh went to Destiny. "Are you alright?" "Yeah, I'm fine. I deserve it." "No, you don't." Josh looked up at Patrick. "I'm sorry, Destiny. I didn't mean to hit you." "I know. I'm the one who is sorry. I screwed up everything." Patrick bent down and gave Destiny a kiss.

Patrick walked out and went home. "What happened to thinking about it?" "I had to tell him. I couldn't look at him and know I would ruin his life. Can you leave. I want to be alone." "Are you sure?" "Yes, I'll talk to you later." "Okay. Take care and if you need anything call me." "I will. Thank you for everything." Josh walked out the door and Destiny broke down crying. She finally went upstairs and cleaned her face. She then crawled back to bed. She looked over to her night stand. There was a picture of her and Patrick at the school dance two years ago. "I'm sorry, Patty. I'm sorry it has to be this way." She fell asleep and woke up a few hours later to someone yelling outside.

"No, mom. I'm going. I gotta get out of this fucking town and away from her." She seen Patrick get in his car and tires screaming down the road. "Oh, Patrick." She went back to her bed and cried. "We'll get through this baby. I know we are doing the right thing. Daddy loves music and needs to be free to do that. Josh will be a good father for you." Destiny got up and took a shower and dressed. She decided to tell her mom about the baby.

"Mom, I need to talk to you." "Sure honey." "Can we go to the living room?" They walked to the living room and sat on the couch. "Mom, I'm pregnant. I'm not telling Patrick because of him wanting to be a musician. I don't want to ruin his chances." "Oh honey. Won't he know it's his?" "No, he already thinks it's not. You remember Josh?" "Yeah. The Jensen boy." "Yes. He came up with a plan. I'll marry him and he'll be the baby's father. He's going into the army and we'll live on base. Patrick already believes the baby is Josh's." "Do you think this is a good idea?" "No, but it's what I need to do. Josh is willing to be there and I won't ruin Patrick's life." "I'm here for you. Whatever you need. I think we first need to set up a doctor's appointment." "Okay."

Destiny called Josh and told him that she would have a doctor's appointment and if he would go with her. Later that day Destiny, her mom, and Josh went to the doctor. Destiny had to fill out some paperwork and was called in. "Hello Destiny, I'm Doctor Peterson. How are you doing?" "Good. This is my mom and my, um." "Boyfriend. I'm Josh Jensen." "Nice to meet you all. It's nice to see a family being supportive. Why don't you get on the table and we'll do an exam." Destiny got up on the table and the doctor examed her. "Everything looks good. Your due date is May 30. I am giving you a perscription for some prenatal vitamins. I want you to eat well and get some exercise. It will be good for both you and the baby." "Okay, thank you." "Make another appointment for a month." "Alright."

Josh went home with Destiny and her mom. When they got there the boys were at Patrick's fixing up the van. She looked over and seen Patrick staring at her and Josh. Destiny looked to the ground. "It's going to be alright." Josh whispered. "It'll never be alright." Destiny said. They went into the house and Destiny's mom made some lunch while Josh and Destiny talked. "Did you tell your parents?" Destiny asked. "Yeah, they weren't too happy. But they understand. They know the baby isn't mine. I didn't tell them about joining the army and I think they were more upset about that." "When do you think we should get married?" "What about January 5th. I go into basic training on the 10th. I'll be there for a few weeks. After I complete that we will move to base. You do realize we might have to move away from Chicago." "Yes, I realize that." She started to cry. "Oh baby. I want you to be happy." "I will be. Just these hormones."

They ate lunch and Destiny's mom left for work. Josh and her watched a movie. After the movie Josh left. Destiny went to sit on the front step and write in her journal. Pete and Patrick were still working on the van. She wanted to go over and talk to Patrick, but she knew he would just get upset. Patrick had his shirt off. "God, he is so gorgeous." Destiny said to herself. "Pete, give me the fucking wrench." Patrick yelled. "Trick, why don't you talk to her." "No, she made her bed she can lie in it." "You don't feel that way and you know it. What if the baby is yours and she is just saying it's Josh's?" Patrick moved from under the van and looked at Pete. "What the hell are you talking about?" "Well, face it, she's been with you this whole time. I just don't see her and Josh together." "Well, they are. She told me herself." "Doesn't mean they are." "Just forget it, Pete. I don't want to talk about this." "Okay. I still think you two need to talk and still remain friends. Remember when you two got together, you told me you didn't want to lose her as a friend." "Yeah. You are right there, but how can I when she is having another man's baby and getting married. I love her." "Just go."

Patrick got up and brushed his jeans off. He walked over to Destiny. "Hey." "Hi Patrick. Having problems with the van?" "Yeah, we'll be lucky to get out of Chicago." "When do you leave?" "In a week." "You are going to have a good time." "I"m going to miss you." "I'm going to miss you too." But she didn't mean because he was going on tour. She meant because she left him. "I wanted to apoligize about fighting with Josh and hitting you. I feel so bad." "It's alright. I understand." She smiled at him. "So how have you been feeling? Any sickness?" "A little. Not too bad though. More tired than anything. Do you want to sit down." "Yeah." Patrick sat next to her on the step. "You probably should be resting." "Actually, for once I'm awake." She smiled at Patrick. "I went to the doctor today. Everything is looking good. I'm sorry, you probably don't want to hear this." "No, I do. I still care for you. Hell, I still love you." "I'm so sorry. I wish I could change things. I screwed up." She started crying. "Hey, come here." She went into his arms. Oh, how she missed his arms. "I want us to remain friends. Yeah, I am hurt. But I care for you and I'll care for your baby. I can't wait to see him or her. When are you due?" Destiny prayed Patrick wouldn't start counting. He would figure the baby was his. "May 30. Thankfully, I won't have to be pregnant during the summer." "That'll be good. Um, when are you getting married?" "January 5. Josh leaves for basic training on the 10th. He's going into the army. After his training is done we will be moving. We don't know where yet."

Patrick really looked at Destiny. For someone who was getting married she looked liked her best friend died. "Dest, is this what you want?" "No, but it has to be this way." "Come on now. Lots of people have babies without getting married. You don't need to marry him." "I know. But I want my baby to have that family life. If that makes sense." "Yeah, it does. Will you please keep in touch. Email me, call, text, write my mom. Please?" "Of course. You are my best friend. I don't know what I would do if I lost you." "You won't. It's going to be hard not seeing you every day." "I know. You are leaving soon. When are you coming back?" "Not until April. We will have to say our goodbyes when I leave." "Yeah, oh Patrick. I'm going to miss you." She hugged him and took in his smell. He smelled of cologne and sweat from working on the van.

"Patrick, I think I got it fixed." Pete yelled from the street. "I should be going. I just wanted to talk to you. I will always love you. Remember that." "Same here. You will always be on my mind." "Can I kiss you?" "Yes." Patrick bent down and touched Destiny's lips softly running his tongue on her lips. "I'll talk to you later. Get some rest and if you need anything, come over or call." "I will. Thank you Patrick." She watched Patrick leave. She rubbed her belly. "You daddy still cares about me. I still care about him too. I wish things could be different little one. I know your daddy would love you." Destiny went inside and laid down for a little while.

The next week went by fast. Destiny couldn't believe that Patrick would be leaving so soon. She wanted to tell him, but couldn't. She spent a lot of time with Josh. She was liking him more but nothing like she should feel if she was going to marry him. The day came for Patrick and the boys to leave. She looked out her window and seen Patrick loading the suitcases. She put her shoes on and went outside. "Patrick! Patrick!" He turned around and she ran into his arms. "Patty, I'm going to miss you." "Whoa. What's all this?" "I love you. I'll never stop." "Hey, you have Josh and soon the baby." "I know. But I'm going to miss you. There hasn't been a day that has gone by without seeing you." "You can write, call, text, anything. I want to know how you are doing and even when you have that precious baby. I want to see him or her." That made Destiny cry even harder. She looked into his green eyes.

"Patrick, there's something I need to tell you." "Sure. What is it?" He continued to put the suitcases in the back of the van. "Trick, hurry up. Pete wants to get going." Andy hollared. "Alright. In a minute." He closed the doors. "I need to get going. What did you want to tell me?" "Nothing. You take care of yourself and I'll call or email." "Alright. I'm going to miss you. Remember you are always loved and take care of that little one." He hugged Destiny. He placed his hand on her belly. "You take care of you mom. Don't make her too sick." Destiny felt the tears burning her eyes. "Goodbye Patty." "Goodbye. Tell Josh to take care of you." "I will." Destiny walked over to Tina and watched Patrick get in the van.

"Have you told him?" Tina asked Destiny. "No, he's not going to know. You won't tell him or Pete will you?" "No, but I think what you are doing is wrong, but I support you." "Thank you. It is just how it has to be. If I told him about the baby he would quit the band and stay here. So I wouldn't only be ruining one life, I would ruin Pete's, Joe's, and Andy's." "Oh Destiny, I don't think you would be ruining their lives. But you have to do what is right." They watched the van go down the road and out of sight. "Here, Patrick wanted me to give you this." It was a letter and a box. "Oh, thank you." "I have to go home. I have a ton of homework. See you later." "Bye Tina. Thanks for understanding." "Hey, that's what friends are for." They hugged each other.

Destiny went home and straight to her bedroom. She sat on her bed and took the letter out of the envelope.

Dest,
I'm going to miss you, but you already knew that. I want to write you because I don't know how to say what I'm thinking. I think you are making a mistake by marrying Josh. You aren't the same person anymore. What happened to my smiling Destiny? Please think about it? It doesn't mean that he can't be in the baby's life. I know what you mean about a family life. We both come from divorce families and it's hard. Please think about it. If not for me for the baby.

In June I'm planning on seeing you and the baby. If you are with Josh or not. He better realize I'm still going to be in your life. I love you. I know you slept with him while we were together and I'm so upset by that. But you are my sunshine. Whenever I get sad I think of you and smile. Remember when we were about 5 or so, we were at school and Bobby pushed me in a mud puddle. I remember you helping me up and taking me to the bathroom. You went into the boys bathroom with me. You had guts even then. You cleaned me off and then told me you had something to do. I went to class and noticed you weren't there. You went home and got me some different clothes. You are one special girl.

I got you this bracelet. It has charms on it. I got two so far. One is your birthstone and the other says best friends. I wish we could be more, but if not a best friend is what I will take. I should end this. You take care of yourself and the baby. I'll see you soon. If you need anything and can't get a hold of me talk to my mom. Okay? She is not mad at you. I love you!

Love,
Patty (okay, I finally wrote it)

Destiny smiled after reading the letter and reread it. Afterwards, she looked at the charm bracelet. "It's beautiful." She put it on. She laid on the bed and looked at a picture of her and Patrick that was taken when they were 12. "Everything was simplier than. I know your daddy will make us proud." Destiny fell asleep holding the picture.

Thanksgiving and Christmas came and Destiny was finally getting more energy and not as sick anymore. Josh spent a lot of time with her. Patrick wrote to her and she wrote to him. Josh didn't mind. She talked with Patrick's mom and everything was alright with them too. Josh and her decided on a small wedding. Nothing too fancy. Just friends and family. The day finally came.

Destiny was all dressed and looked in the mirror. The dress didn't hide the fact she was pregnant. She placed her hand on the bump. "My little one, we are going to get through this. I miss your daddy." There was a knock on the door. "Come in." "Hi Destiny." "Hi Patricia." "How are you doing?" "Okay. A little nervous." "Just make sure that you are doing the right thing?" "I am." "Patrick wanted to be here, but they are in New York or New Jersey. I can't remember, but he Fedex this for you." Patricia handed Destiny a box. "I just wanted to see how you were. I'll talk to you later." "Okay. Thanks." Destiny sat down and opened the box. Inside was a letter and a light purple blanket.

Destiny,
I got you and Josh this blanket. I know you love purple. I wish I could be there. Well, not really. But I would like to be there for you. When you use this blanket think of me wrapping my arms around you. I know I probably shouldn't even say that. You are going to be a married woman and I have no right to even think of holding you. I miss you so much. I want that baby to be mine. Late at night when the rest of the guys are sleeping I imagine us married and having three kids. I'm sorry. I shouldn't bring this up now. Have a good day. I wish that you and Josh have a wonderful life.
Patrick

Destiny took out the blanket. "Destiny, it's almost time." Her mom came into the room. "Alright. Look what Patrick gave us." "It's beautiful. Come on or you are going to be late." Destiny stood up. "You look beautiful." Destiny went to her mom and hugged her. "The is the last time I'm going to say this, are you doing the right thing?" "Yes, things have to be this way." "Okay, it's time for you to get married."
Sign up to rate and review this story