Categories > TV > Bones > Some Bones to Pick

Leaving Aurora

by StormO 0 reviews

Takes place after "The Man in the Bear."

Category: Bones - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2005-12-20 - Updated: 2005-12-21 - 330 words

0Unrated
Disclaimers: I do not own nor make a profit from this. Rightful owners are Josephson Entertainment and Far Field Productions in association with 20th Century Fox Television.

Leaving Aurora

Seeley drove out of Aurora as Temperance continued to bore him with words and details about cannibals and their nature that he didn't want to know. She had ruined his appetite at breakfast in more than one way. "Temperance," he interjected, trying to get her attention. Listening to her continue, apparently un-phased or unaware that he had spoken, he said a bit more harshly, "Bones!"

She arched an eyebrow at him. "What?"

"Please. Can we talk about something else?" he requested.

"Like what?"

Seeley looked at the mountainous region. "How about the scenery?" The words slipped out before he remembered that they had already commented on the countryside on their way to Aurora. He hoped that maybe, with the pressure of their latest assignment behind them, they could have a decent conversation.

"It is beautiful," she replied, looking out the window and trying to imagine the area covered in snow. "Charlie says it's even more..."

"Let's not talk about Charlie either," Seeley adamantly grumbled. "Let's just not talk right now."

Temperance leaned back in her seat, reflecting on the sudden jealous personality of the FBI agent. If she remembered correctly, he had definitely showed it multiple times while staying in Aurora, especially the night they danced at the bar.

"What are you thinking about?" Seeley asked, glancing over and noticing the smirk on her face.

"I believe you requested that we remain silent," she remarked tersely.

"You are infuriating, you know that don't you?"

"Interesting. I annoy you and drive you mad. I guess that is why you think my ass is smart," she expressionlessly remarked.

"For the record, I called you a smart-ass," he corrected, adjusting his sunglasses and driving towards the airport in blissful silence. Some days, the only way he could win was to keep his mouth shut.
Sign up to rate and review this story