Categories > TV > Bones > Some Bones to Pick

A Morning Interlude

by StormO 0 reviews

Missing scene from the episode, "The Man in the Bear."

Category: Bones - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2005-12-20 - Updated: 2005-12-21 - 284 words

0Unrated
Disclaimers: I do not own nor make a profit from this. Rightful owners are Josephson Entertainment and Far Field Productions in association with 20th Century Fox Television.

A Morning Interlude

"Temperance!" a voice called out, trying to get her attention. The young man jumped out of the elevator just as the forensic anthropologist reached for the handle of the stairwell.

"Charlie? What are you doing here?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrow and crossing her arms.

"I was just coming by to see if you wanted to have breakfast before you started scouring the woods again."

"How did you know I was staying here?"

Flashing her his sexy smile, Charlie answered, "I have a way with women. I could be any of those guys in your books."

You could be my cannibal, too/, she thought to herself as she contemplated telling him that the desk clerk divulged confidential information on one of its guests and that she could report the clerk, but Angela's words echoed in her ears: /Have some fun.

Temperance would not argue with anyone that Charlie seemed to be a nice enough guy. He was charming and built. She had deduced that the night before at the bar as they danced. She could always consider this a chance to learn a little more about the UPS employee and the town.

Charlie noticed her hesitation but also caught the way her eyes scanned across him. "We could go over to Mindy's Diner. Mindy serves the best breakfasts in Aurora. Plus, the sheriff's office is across the street." He paused and then quickly added, "Because I'm sure that you will be meeting him there to continue your investigation."

"Charlie," Temperance began, "breakfast sounds wonderful."
Sign up to rate and review this story