Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > King and Queen

chapter 2

by irish_ping-pong 1 review

No summary (for some reason I feel really lazy)

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2007-08-13 - Updated: 2007-08-14 - 1677 words

0Unrated
Sorry about chapter 2 if you read it. It had alot of errors, which was weird because it didn't have them in the story text, anyway I fixed it thanks to epals12. I hope there's no more errors, I think I fixed them all, but anyway enjoy! Constructive critiscism is great, but no flames please!

"BEEP BEEP BEEP" Jay swore as his PMR rang.

Jay groaned and grumpily grabbed his PMR to see who was calling him.

"Hello?" Jay answered confusedly.

"Jay, please get the team over here ASAP," Hera said and hung up as soon as she was finished. Jay cursed under his breath, and looked over at his clock; 3:37 am. Jay growled and got up to get the others up. He went to Archie's first since he was next door.

"Jay! What in the name of-" Archie exclaimed angrily before Jay interrupted him.

"Hera called. She told us to meet her at school," Jay said quickly.

"Well you can tell that old-" Archie began, before being interrupted by Jay again.

"Don't say that about the Queen of the gods," Jay said jokingly.

"I still don't understand what the heck is wrong with her! I'll show her-"

"Get dressed."

Next Jay went to Theresa's room. She was tossing and turning in her bed. It looked as though she was in pain...

'Theresa was running away from something, though she was not quite sure what. It was like an animal. It had a vicious growl, and it drooled...a lot. She was running as fast as she could. Now she would have really liked to be Atlanta, she was the fastest runner in the school and set a new running record that hadn't broken since the school opened. Anyway, Theresa kept on running, not even caring that the branches in the forest were scraping her pale skin. But she had to stop when she reached the edge of a cliff that just went black below. Theresa swung around fast and stared the animal in its red, evil eyes that looked oddly familiar. It growled again, showing its white, sharp teeth, and without warning it lunged at Theresa, and all went dark.'

"Theresa? Theresa!" Jay said as he shook Theresa. She finally woke up and stared at Jay, while sweat was pouring down her face. "Are you alright? Did you have a nightmare?" Theresa nodded and swung her legs off the bed. She bombarded Jay with questions like 'What the heck are you doing in here?', 'Do you know what time it is?', and 'What’s wrong with Hera?'

"Uh… dunno, dunno, and just don’t care. Could you help me get the others up?" Jay asked politely. "Now are you sure you’re alright 'cause you were acting all weird..and...yah," Jay asked gripping her shoulders; Theresa nodded. She went to Neil's room in her purple and blue PJ's.

"Neil, get up. Hera wants us at school now," Theresa said moodily as she shook Neil. He growled and pushed down the covers, making Theresa feel sick.

"Oh my goodness! Don’t guys wear anything, but their underwear to bed! That is so gross," Theresa cried covering her eyes with her hand.

"No."

"I'm getting out of here," Theresa ran out of the room to hers, so she could get ready. She quickly put on a thin blue hoodie and jeans and went downstairs to meet the others.

"Alright now that everyone's here, let's go have some fun!" Jay said cheerfully. No one responded, or showed any recollection of this comment. They just dragged their feet across the kitchen floor, bumping into each other, and calling each other the wrong names, but not correcting each other.


"Sorry to wake you up at such an early hour," Hera apologized to the young titans lying around on the couch.

"Anyway, Cronus has once again been spotted. Now Theresa, Persephone has told me to tell you to go see her, oh and be careful. She's been up all night and is sort of cranky." Theresa nodded and made her way to Persephone's solarium, while the others went to pick up some weapons with Ares and Artemis.

"Persephone?" Theresa said as she gently opened the doors to Persephone's solarium. Persephone stopped watering her plants and smiled as she saw her student.

"Hello Theresa. I see Hera gave you my message."

"Yes, why did you want to see me?" Theresa asked walking into Persephone's solarium.

"Just for another lesson." Persephone said bending down towards Theresa who was sitting on her couch and placed a hand on Theresa's knee. "But first, have you had any visions, or dreams lately that concern you?"

"Well...yes. They're sort of weird though," Theresa began. Persephone looked concerned and slowly turned to Theresa. "I've had visions of when my mother died and then something about a creature with red eyes, which pushed me of a cliff...I think that's what it did anyway. I don't really know why I'm having a vision of the past. It just shows like my mother being sick, and giving me this necklace-"

"The necklace!" Persephone exclaimed. "Theresa, do you mind taking it off and having it examined by Dionysus?"

"Uh, no, I suppose not," Theresa answered taking off her necklace and putting it into Persephone's palm. Persephone placed it on her table and stared at it for a split second before turning to Theresa.

"Now...anyway, on with the lesson..." Persephone said. Persephone said many kind things to Theresa, and seemed to be almost crying.

"Persephone, what's wrong?" Theresa asked clearly puzzled about Persephone's constant worrying signs.

"Um nothing, just be extremely careful," Persephone whispered as her eyes began to turn red.

"Okay..."

"Now, let's begin." Persephone smiled and she continued to teach Theresa more about her powers, and sometimes Persephone got frustrated with the constant visitations of Hermes who was trying to figure out what Persephone wanted for lunch. She would always turn blue and have the lightening flash above her head, so Theresa concentrated extra hard, so she wouldn't get on Persephone's bad side... Theresa managed to succeed in this goal. She made many things levitate, she controlled the little 'boiled guinea pig's' mind again, which made him mad. She actually managed to get him to fly into the wall and bring her a cup of tea. Persephone kindly concluded the lesson by getting angry at Hermes...again, and asked Theresa to leave, and as she did, she heard yelling and inappropriate language...

"Where exactly are we going anyway?" Odie asked closing his laptop.

"Hermes will take you to the summit of a very steep cliff," Artemis answered.

"So...we just go in the forest and dilly doddle around then leave?" Neil asked from behind his mirror.

"Yes, Neil," Artemis answered. The doors to the weapon room opened as Theresa walked in.

"Are we already to go?" Theresa questioned her friends. "Wait...where are we going anyway?"

"Oh, um you won't like this, but, we're going to a forest on top of a steep cliff," Jay answered, holding his sword close to him so Theresa wouldn't hurt it when she found out where they were going.

"Great, the perfect time to be afraid of heights," Theresa mumbled angrily. Before Theresa could continue her sentence, Persephone walked in.

"Ah, Artemis, Ares, are they ready to go?" she asked.

"Yes," Ares answered proudly.

"Persephone! We’re ordering right now! What do you want to eat?" Hermess panted as he burst into the room on his flying shoes. Persephone turned blue and a cloud appeared above her head.

"I told you I’m not hungry!" Persephone yelled.

"Was that what she was like during the lesson?" Odie asked in a whisper.

"The whole time...to Hermes, not me. Scared the living daylights out of me," Theresa answered. But the anger in Persephone was unstoppable now. She was going on a rant on how she was not hungry, and how she missed her childhood.

"Let's just go, it's already 5 am." Theresa said, mainly to get out. She then heard that the fight had started to settle and Hermes zoomed by into his office.

"Hey Theresa, what happened to your necklace? You like never take it off," Atlanta asked.

"Oh, Persephone wants Dionysus to examine it."

"Should I even ask why," Atlanta said.

"Er, Persephone didn't say, she only asked for it after her I told her about my visions- oh shoot."

"That's what's wrong with you lately...right?" Herry interrupted. Theresa scratched the back of her neck, which meant, 'yes'.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Archie said, also joining in the conversation.

"'Cause it’s no big deal," Theresa said.

"It must have been if Persephone wanted your necklace. Maybe she thought it had some sort of connection to your visions," Odie said.

"Let's just stop talking about it," Theresa said, becoming irritated at the constant questions and theories coming from here friends.

"Sure avoid the topic," Neil said.

"Whatever," Theresa muttered.

"What do you think about this Jay? Jay?" Archie asked waving his hand in front of his leader's face.

"Huh? Oh...uh...I think you should go with pink," Jay said not knowing at all what they were talking about, but assumed it was about what colour to paint Archie's room.

"I hate pink," Archie began, "And I wasn’t talking about that. What were you thinking about?"

"Okay, I thought of a brilliant plan. Kay, so first...um...wait...I lost it," Jay muttered.

"Hello people! Are you ready?!" Hermes asked cheerfully bouncing around his room.

"I guess," Neil groaned. Before Hermes made another comment, Persephone entered the room with a worried expression.

"Theresa, remember, be 'very' careful," Persephone warned.

"Why? Per-" Theresa began to ask when Hermes pushed her through the portal. Hermes smiled cheerfully and let the others go through the portal.

"There you go! Have fun!"

"Oh, don't worry, we will," Archie moaned as they walked through the portal to about the halfway point on the steep cliff that lead up to the forest.
Sign up to rate and review this story