Categories > Books > Harry Potter

The Day The Magic Died

by SageofShadows 8 reviews

10 Years after the Voldemort is defeated the consequences of relying on one person to defeat him comes back to haunt the wizarding world.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Arthur Weasley, Ginny, Molly Weasley, Narcissa - Published: 2005-12-21 - Updated: 2005-12-22 - 565 words - Complete

0Original
The day dawned much as any other day of late spring in England. The only difference about this day was that it happened to be the tenth anniversary of the defeat of the Dark Lord Voldemort and the disappearance of Harry Potter. It was also known as Harry Potter day.

In a rather tall and odd looking house in Ottery St. Catchpole an older woman made her way down to the kitchen and flicked her wand to set the kettle boiling for a cup of tea. She again flicked it to make the cup come down from the cupboard. The cup seemed to be about to comply with her wishes but after giving a small rattle it settled back down and didn't move. Half asleep as she was she didn't notice. When the kettle started whistling she gave her wand another couple of slicks intending to stop the boiling and pour the hot water into the cup. The kettle kept whistling right where it was. A minute later her her husband came rushing downstairs upon hearing her startled cry.

An hour later in a small flat in London a red headed woman struggled to wake up in time to get ready for work.. She staggered over to her closet to find some suitable clothes to wear. Finding her favorite robe she was about to put it on when she noticed a stain on the front. Grabbing her wand she flicked it to cast a cleaning charm but nothing happened. After a few more tries and attempts to do other spells she sat back down on her bed in frustration wondering what was going on.

In a manor house in Wiltshire a regal woman with blond hair was woken by a terrified house elf who haltingly informed her that none of the elves could work because their magic had stopped. She angrily cast crucio at it but had to resort to kicking it when she found that she too couldn't cast spells.

All across Britain and wizards and witches woke up that day and found they could no longer do magic. The floo system still worked, but apparation didn't. At around eight o'clock a notice started appearing in every registered wizarding household. It read as follows:

Notice of Commencement of the Restriction of Witchcraft and Wizardry Act

As of today June 15th 2008 Her Majesty's government has implemented first stage measures in the restriction of the use magic. All magic active magic use (including wand spells and unrestricted magical travel) will be a suppressed. Those wishing to use magic must register at the Magical Beings Liaison Office (to be located in Diagon Alley from tomorrow morning.)

Magic will be restricted to designated areas and violation of this law may result in the ability to perform magic being permanently removed from the violator.

This Law is a response to the repeated inability of the Ministry of Magic and the magical communityto govern itself in such a way as to prevent harm from coming to non-magical persons (also known as muggles.) Over the last century various Dark "Lord"s have run amok resulting in the death of tens of thousands of people and the destruction of whole towns.

Provision has been made for the total suppression of all magic including magical objects should further major problems of this kind occur.

Signed,
Secretary for Magical Affairs,
Lord H. J. Potter
Sign up to rate and review this story