Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Beauty's Battle

Chapter 5: The Blood of Others

by ewbankchristina 3 reviews

"Atlanta"

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-08-17 - Updated: 2007-08-17 - 1566 words

0Unrated
“Atlanta.”

The voice seemed like a distant memory to Atlanta. It pulled at her consiousness making her groan at the sudden wave of pain that it brought up with it.

“Atlanta?” Theresa’s voice started to get clearer as Atlanta’s senses perked back up. She began to try and sit up, but Theresa softly pushed her back down. “Don’t move, you’ve been out for a while.”

Atlanta allowed Theresa to push her back down onto the cold, hard floor. The only light was that of a gas lamp hanging on a distant wall behind Theresa. From the eerie yellow glow, Atlanta could see the injuries that marked Theresa. Small cuts were slowly bleeding across the top of her forehead. Her shoulder seemed to be hanging limply, giving sign that it was possibly dislocated.

A sharp pain suddenly shot up Atlanta’s arm, making her cry out. Theresa brought her arms back, shaking her head.

“I think your wrist is broken,” she said sadly. Atlanta groaned in displeasure. Theresa removed the thin fleece sweater she was wearing, which was flecked with small dots of blood, and grabbed the low neck line and ripped down. She tore her sweater into wide striped, tying some together at the ends.

Atlanta winced as Theresa gently lifted her wrist to begin wrapping the cloth as a tight brace. She wrapped the last remains and softly tied it under her palm, double knotting it to make it secure.

“Thanks,” Atlanta muttered, raising her wrist up to inspect Theresa’s first-aid skills. “What about you?”

“My head is pounding,” Theresa said weakly, crossing her legs beside Atlanta. She pulled out a ratty tissue and dabbed at the cuts along her face. “Not to mention my shoulder.”

Atlanta slowly sat up, using her good hand to support her. A sudden dizziness washed over her, making faint circles of light dance across her vision. Theresa nodded at her.

“That happened to me too, just wait, the headache will come soon enough,” Theresa muttered, gently holding her arm, moving it up slightly. “Do you think you can help me pop this back in place?” she said, looking at Atlanta.

“Yeah, I think so,” Atlanta slowly repositioned herself to face Theresa’s shoulder. “What do you want me to do?”

“Just grab my wrist and push up when I say,” Theresa gritted her teeth as she grabbed her upper arm. “Ready?”

Atlanta griped her one hand around Theresa’s wrist and nodded. Theresa took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

“Push!”

Atlanta forced her hand upward with Theresa, who pushed her shoulder. There was a loud cracking noise that mixed in with Theresa’s painful scream as her shoulder popped back into place. Atlanta released Theresa’s wrist quickly as she fell to the floor, wincing.

Atlanta could only watch as Theresa curled up, cradling her arm and groaning as the pain went away. A moment later, she laid on her back, breathing slowly and wiping the tears off her face.

As Theresa lied on the floor, Atlanta took in their dark surroundings. They seemed to be in a giant box, a dark box with no doors and no windows; only the one feeble gas light kept the box from being engulfed by darkness. Above them only seemed to dampen Atlanta’s spirit more, the blackness looked only a tiny shade lighter. Atlanta quickly estimated the depth of the box and realized that even if she stood on Theresa’s shoulders, they wouldn’t be able to reach the top.

“Theresa…” Atlanta started, fidgeting with her bandages. Theresa looked up weakly, signs of tears still in her sad expression. “Do you remember what exactly happened?”

Theresa shook as she sat up, cautiously using her raw shoulder slowly. “I remember fighting with Jay, then the taxi home, a movie, and then…” she said slowly, rubbing the top of her head to try and remember.

“Yeah, we got home, complained about the guys, then put ‘Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants’ on…then,” Atlanta remembered the part of the movie where it happened. The two of them were giggling as Bridget and her soccer coach were dancing closely in the bar, when a loud crash came from the kitchen.

FLASHBACK

Atlanta grabbed the DVD remote and stopped the movie as Theresa jumped off the coach, listening. She called out for the guys, hoping for a familiar voice. When no one responded, Theresa took a few steps towards the kitchen door, only to stop in her tracks as another crashing noise echoed through the room. Atlanta opened her mouth to say something, but was silenced be a loud hissing noise that ran through the room, sending chills down their spins. The eerie hissing noise was followed by scratching sound along the wall in front of them.

Before either of them could prepare themselves, Synara burst through the door frame, only a blur of green as she clawed herself down the wall towards the two girls. Out of reaction, Atlanta grabbed the nearest object and threw it with all her might towards Synara. The TV remote smashed against the wall, Herry wouldn’t be happy. Synara dodged it with lightning fast reflexes and launched herself off the wall, throwing open her wings.

Her clawed feet landed with a thud on the carpet. The room was far to small for her wingspan, the tips of her wings were scraping the wall and knocking anything over in their path. Synara hissed again and tried to move forward, taking two lumbering steps.

Theresa reacted immediately. She proceeded to throw numerous punches at Synara, hoping to hit any part of her scaled body. While Theresa distracted Synara from Atlanta, the huntress sprinted towards the kitchen, hoping to get to their PMRs fast enough to alert the others.

Atlanta didn’t make it fully into the kitchen. A scream issued behind her, and Atlanta turned to see Theresa’s body flying in the air towards her, her hands still in tight fists. Atlanta shifted her body to try and catch her friend, and was thrown back into the kitchen island in the process. Theresa groaned at her feet, and looked up as Synara clumsy walked into the kitchen.

“Atlanta…” Theresa began, glancing back at her friend. Atlanta moaned softly and rested her head against the island, her eyelids shutting. Theresa looked up once more at their enemy.

Synara raised one of her scaly claws and brought it down onto Theresa’s head, knocking her out.

END FLASHBACK

Theresa rubbed the top of her head, remembering Synara’s fist imprint, muttering curses under her breath. Atlanta sat quietly and played with her bandages, twisting the thread in between her fingers. Theresa suddenly stood up, pacing anxiously along one of the walls.

“There’s gotta be a way out of here,” she mumbled, drifting her hands over the wall, looking for any clue of an escape.

“The top is too high for either of us to get out. Even if I stood on your shoulders, it still wouldn’t be tall enough,” Atlanta said, watching Theresa pace back and forth, muttering to herself.

“What I don’t understand, is why we aren’t dead yet,” Theresa said angrily, turning on the spot to glance at a corner. Atlanta flinched at her harsh words, turning instead to look up at the blank sky.

“Do…you think the guys are trying to find us?” Atlanta said her voice almost a whisper. Theresa stopped inspecting the wall in front of her and hung her head suddenly. She turned slowly to face Atlanta, who was still staring above her.

“Of course they’re going to look for us,” Theresa said softly, taking Atlanta’s good hand. “I just feel horrible about leaving on such bad terms with them.” Atlanta knew Theresa was meaning Jay in particular. Atlanta nodded in understand meant, she felt the same with Archie.

“But…we have no idea of where we are. So, how will they find us?” Atlanta made a very good point. Theresa’s hand tightened around hers.

“They’ll find a way…they always do.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, I apologize for the really short chapter. But, really, what else were you expecting? I was stuck on that last sentance for 2 days, trying to figure out what could happen after that. But...I'll have to think about it for the next week or so, hopefully an idea will pop into my head. I have a faint idea of what's gonna happen in some of the final chapters of Beauty Kills. Yeah, I know, sad. Then there's my other story "Bump in the Night", which I realise now, doesn't have anything really to do with the lives of Class of the Titans. But..I'm already 4 chapters into it, and I'm not changing back. The other night, I got another story idea, and this time, I think I will truly put it in the original catagory.
School is almost here!! Ugh, hey, it was one hell of a summer. I hope yours is gonna end in a bang!
Hey, season 2 is coming soon!

Christina!

P.S. I realized today that many people have facebook. So, if you're curious, search me up. I think you might already know what my name is. :P But, send me a message firsthand, so I don't think you're a creeper or anything. ^_^

Sign up to rate and review this story