Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You play with Fire, It's gunna burn You

Part 1

by x_Charlie_x 3 reviews

A series of fic I previously put up on refresh.com. My Chem in senior school. Lots of different POV's to get your teeth into. There is a sequel too. (they all live in Gosport to make it easier for ...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-08-17 - Updated: 2007-08-19 - 766 words - Complete

0Unrated
PART 1
Amy’s POV – ‘Standing In the Rain’
It’s about 3:30 on a Saturday afternoon. It’s raining and I’m cold. And I’ve been waiting on this wall for over half an hour. I’m soaked to the skin and invisible to all the people dashing from shop to shop, trying to stay dry. My gaze is fixed through the Costa Coffee window. Through it I’m watching my boyfriend Shaun drinking coffee with his arm around a girl from my English class.
I’m glad it’s raining. It makes my tears as invisible as I feel. I suddenly feel an overwhelming need for Bob, my older brother, to envelope me in one of his big hugs. Those hugs have gotten me through a lot of things, and most of my break ups. I guess really I just needed someone.
“It doesn’t matter how much you stare he wont drop dead.” I hear a familiar voice call out from the doorway of HMV which is right next to Costa Coffee. I drop my head and wipe away the latest tears. “Come on lets get you home.” Frank continues. He walks over to me and puts his arm around my shoulders and starts to steer me home through the drab empty streets. It was uncomfortable at first. We weren’t exactly close anymore and after I heard all those rumours about him I hadn’t planned on ever speaking to him again. He had recently started hanging out with Bob and his friends though so we exchanged ‘hellos’ when we saw each other now. Still we weren’t close. Not at all.
I’d known Frank for as long as I could remember. We used to be friends but when we got to senior school we drifted in our separate directions and now we were both parts of completely different social groups. Apparently he had gone somewhere that Bob and his friends Gerard, Mikey and Ray were also at and they had ‘clicked’ as the boys were always saying. So even though Frank was my age and in a lot of my classes at school he was closer to my brother who is in the first year of sixth form.
We reach my house and I get my key out and open the door. “Erm, did you want to come in?” I ask Frank, feeling guilty that he had walked all this way in the rain and now had a 20 minute walk to his house.
“No it’s Ok I have to get home. Don’t dwell over Shaun and say hi to the guys for me?”
“I’ll try not to and sure I will.” I say forcing a small smile for him.
“Good. Well I might see you tomorrow if I’m round here I guess.” He says then turns to walk down the path. I shut the door and head upstairs to dry off. I can hear Gerard and Mikey’s voices coming from Bob’s room. I try to sneak past Bob’s room and into my own but the door’s open and Mikey catches a glimpse of me.
“Hey Amy! Man you’re drowned!”
“Yeah…” I say, not stopping.
“Amy wait up.” I hear Bob call. I stop just outside my door. “You’re early?” He asks me. I normally tell my brother nearly everything so I wasn’t surprised that he was asking.
“Yeah.” I say simply in reply to his question.
“What’s up?”
“Shaun.” I answer, I wasn’t feeling very talkative but he presses me for more information, “What did he do?” he demands, getting into defensive brother mode already.
“He’s cheating on me. Didn’t have the guts to tell me so arranged for me to meet him somewhere that I would see him on a date with another girl.” I say, the words stumbling quickly out of my mouth. I hear Gerard curse and then Mikey shush him because they weren’t really meant to be listening in on mine and Bob’s conversation. “Wha- Are you Ok?” he asks me looking concerned.
“I’m just peachy.” I say, turning to go into my room to get ready for a shower.
“Amy…” he says. I’m not quite sure why, he was probably going to say he was there for me if I needed him or one of his other little speeches about how I could always count on him.
“Frank says hi” I say and then shut him off with my door, along with the rest of the world.
Sign up to rate and review this story