Categories > Original > Fantasy > Dark Wing

Darkest Night

by Artimis_Potter 0 reviews

Taylor Andel was betrayed by someone close to him, thus destroying him. But when he succumbs to his wish of death, something unexpected happens. He is forced to stay on earth as a Dark Winged Angel...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-08-20 - Updated: 2007-08-20 - 606 words

0Unrated

Title: Darkest Night
'Verse/characters: Dark Wing 'Verse
Prompt: 074 Dark
Word Count: 460
Rating:
PG-13 for character death...why do I always kill my characters?
Notes: This is the first story in my Dark Wing series. All the stories are inspired by a song: this one's song is"Getting Out Alive" by Three Days Grace and a prompt from the LJ community 100originalfics. Check out my LJ (homepage link) to see the table. Oh, and don't get used to first person...I think...
If your curious, the guy's name is Taylor. Enjoy!





If I stay it won't be long
Till I'm burning on the inside
If I go I can only hope
That I make it to the other side
If you want to get out alive
Run for your life
If you want to get out alive
Hold on for [your life]


~ "Get Out Alive"by Three Days Grace





Although it's nearing 5 'o clock in the evening, it's as dark as night; the darkness fits my dark mood. The rain pounds the ground below my feet like drumsticks hitting a concrete drum. People rush by me; fearing the rain. It's a stupid thing to fear, really. Your getting wet, so what? I gave up on understanding people long ago.



My legs are moving of their own accord; taking me to a familiar office building. Though Iknow he's not there, I thought it would be a fitting place to do this. His betrayal is still fresh in my mind, though it's been six months. As I enter the intimidating, gray building through a revolving glass door, my mind wanders from subject to subject. June always said I was easily distracted.



June...my sister; the only person, friend and family, that stayed with me after he destroyed my life. She was there for me when I woke from nightmares of him; she was there when I finally admitted what he had done. She told me repeatedly that it would all get better.



But it hasn't, and I'm done waiting. I was never a very patient person. That is why I'm here, and that is why she is probably at home right now reading the letter I wrote for her. The last thing I will ever write for her.



Quietly, Ihead up one flight of stairs at a time; I'm heading for my own demise. I meet no one as my journey leads me to the top of the building; my leg muscles burn with pain, but I revel in it. It'll be the last bit of pain I'll feel. I hope. A lone, cold, steel door stands between my end and me now. I slowly push open the surprisingly heavy door and step out into the roof. The storm has picked up and it's gotten even darker, something I didn't think was possible. Lightning flashes against the black sky and thunder cuts through the urban noise from below. I walk towards the edge like a man heading to his own execution. Looking over the edge at the asphalt river below I idly wonder if death hurts. Irealize I don't really care.



As I step onto the edge I think about June and her reaction to this. I also let aspiteful thought enter my mind, directed at my destroyer.



"I hope your happy now."



My body leans forward and, as if in slow motion, I start to fall. I feel as if I'm flying and it's a freeing sensation. I know I'll be free soon. Darkness has always been my friend and, as I hit the ground, I know it hasn't failed me on this night...my darkest night.

Sign up to rate and review this story