Categories > Original > Fantasy > Dark Wing

End Letter

by Artimis_Potter 0 reviews

Taylor Andel was betrayed by someone close to him, thus destroying him. But when he succumbs to his wish of death, something unexpected happens. He is forced to stay on earth as a Dark Winged Angel...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-08-20 - Updated: 2007-08-20 - 706 words

0Unrated

Title: End Letter
'Verse/characters: Dark Wing
Prompt: 024. Family
Word Count: 700
Rating: PG-13 for mentions of character death
Notes: Story two of the Dark Wing series. I wrote another because I was bored. Song inspiration is "Leave Out All The Rest" by Linkin Park. I changed my mind about not having first person.



Now, we hear from June, Taylor's sister.



When my time comes
Forget the wrong that I've done
Help me leave behind some
Reasons to be missed

And don't resent me
And when you're feeling empty
Keep me in your memory

Leave out all the rest
Leave out all the rest
~"Leave Out All The Rest" by Linkin Park



I think it's strangely quiet when I open the door to our apartment. Well, I mean, it's more quiet than usual. There are no sounds of life beyond the doorframe and that worries me. Taylor doesn't normally leave anymore. He's become a recluse; he hides in this box all day until I come home. Sometimes I can get him out to the park nearby, but not normally.



I set my workbag down by the door and kick off my shoes. Mental note: get more comfortable shoes. I pad across the room to look in our kitchen and living room. He's not there. I pad back to his room; same story, not there. Now I'm getting really worried and, not to mention, confused. As I start to shut the door to his room, a folded piece of paper catches my eye. Curious, I walk in and pick it up. I'm surprised to find my own name scrawled on the front. One-handed I flick it open. My blood runs cold as I start to read:



June,



I want to apologize in advance for this worthless piece of writing; you know me, I can't write a decent letter to save my life...bad choice of wording there. You're probably wondering where Iam right now, considering I never leave the apartment anymore. I'm most likely heading down to His office building, if I'm not already there. Why, you ask?Because I can't take this anymore. I'm not a patient person, so when you said to me 'It'll all get better soon' I had hoped soon would have come faster than this. Six months is a long time, June, too long.



I wrote this letter to thank you for everything you've ever done for me. I didn't deserve it and I don't deserve an excellent sister like you. I'm broken and no amount of time is ever going to fix me, but I appreciate your effort. You stayed with me when everyone else turned away. You've kept me alive this long; that's a remarkable feat. Don't be offended by my actions tonight, it's nothing to didn't do. It was only a matter of time before this happened.



Don't bother trying to stop me, because by the time you get here I'll already be dead. I'm going to jump off his office building downtown. That'll make a statement with him; though he probably won't care.



I'm leaving you all of my stuff, whether you want it or not. Do what you want with it; donate it, make a shrine out of it, or burn it. I don't care which one you choose, if any. Don't let Mom and Dad have this big, lavish funeral for me. We both know they'd only do that to prove their status, not out of grief. I think you'll be the only one who misses me and you know what? That's okay with me; you were the only person that mattered.



I only have one request. Miss me. I want to be remembered by at least one person; I want to know I've left amark behind. Other than that, do what you want at my funeral, just don't let them plan it.



Looking back at this letter Ifigure maybe I'm not as hopeless as I thought in the writing department. Anyway, I'll miss you, June. Just know I'll be waiting for you.



Until we meet again. See you, later.



Love,

Tay



I'm sobbing by the end of it. I never thought he would do this! He was getting better...or maybe that was just a fa
Sign up to rate and review this story