Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Almost

Chapter Eleven- I Almost Forgot To Say Something Else.

by Silvana 3 reviews

In Which There Is An Argument.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-08-22 - Updated: 2007-08-22 - 902 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Eleven- I Almost Forgot To Say Something Else.

“What do you think of costume parties?”
“If they’re not on Halloween, I don’t bother dressing up. People tell me I’m scary enough as it is.”

Flashback- 16th August 2000

The house was crowded. To Leah it felt like a student party, so it was no surprise to her when she found out that half the people there were students. She was standing on a balcony in the garden, watching people leaving and entering the garden. No one could see her, mainly because she was dressed in all black. Black halter neck, black men’s shirt, black trousers, black sneakers and black wings. As it was a costume party she’d risen to the occasion and come as a dark angel. She figured it was appropriate. She took a sip of the wine that she was holding as two new people walked into the garden. Before she could recognise them they were hidden by the darkness.
“Thank God she’s leaving tomorrow.” A man’s voice floated up towards her; unmistakeably Gerard.
“Who? Leah?” Another man replied. It could have been Liam, Jenny’s boyfriend. But it equally could have been Matt who was his twin. Their facial features were radically different but they were the same height and sounded the same. “But she seems nice.”
“Nice?” Gerard snorted. “Man you really don’t know her. She’s a cold-hearted, twofaced, conniving, slutty-“ There was no doubt that Gerard would have continued with his rant if a wine glass hadn’t shattered on the ground about half a metre away from him, after whistling though the air. A stifled sob resounded throughout the shadowy garden. Gerard’s gaze snapped up to the balcony, as there was a rustle of movement and the sound of running feet.
“Shit,” Gerard breathed, before racing after the fleeing figure. The person who could have been Liam or Matt sighed, jamming his hands in his pockets. “If you’re still running after her, even after a year apart, I guess a part of you still loves her Gee. Even if you do slag her off.” He sighed and shook his head. “Denial’s a terrible thing.”
While Liam or Matt was musing this to the empty garden, Gerard was running after a dark angel, pushing past witches, cats and other such random costumes.
“Lee! Wait!” he called desperately as she stepped out onto the street. She whirled round to face him; her eyes blazing.
“Firstly, I am not cold hearted. I loved you didn’t I? Secondly, I am not two faced. At least I don’t go bitching about people and then when they find out come crawling after them. And thirdly, the definition of a slut is one who sleeps around. Some of my clothes may be slutty, yeah, I know that. But I’ve only slept with one person.” She gestured at him, before letting her arm drop to her side. When she spoke she sounded broken and tired. “And he’s standing right in front of me.”
Gerard’s eyes suddenly focused on what she was wearing, and completely bypassing what she’d just said, stammered, “That- That’s my shirt.” He was, in fact, correct. He’d lent it her a long time ago and she’d never given it back. However, it wasn’t really the right time to comment on it.
“For God’s sake, Gee!” Leah shrieked. She turned away from him and began to pace, pushing her hair away from her face. “I should never have come back? Why did I come back? Oh yeah, to see my friends.” She stopped and faced Gerard, her icy blue eyes piercing. “And to see you.”
“I-“
“Gee?” Liv’s voice rang out into the cold street as Marilyn Monroe complete with white dress, white heels and blonde hair, stepped out onto the sidewalk. “Matt was looking for- oh.”
Leah turned round to face Liv, her face earnest. “Liv we get on alright, yeah?” Liv nodded, shivering in the gentle wind.
“Yeah, you’re a nice person Liv. I’m not,” Leah said in a matter of fact way. “So please don’t hate me okay?” And with that last request she stepped backwards, close to Gerard. Her lips collided with his, almost desperately. Then almost as soon as it started, it was over, Leah pulling away to face Olivia. “Don’t ditch him for that,” she said earnestly. “He didn’t kiss back and.” She stopped, taking a deep breath. “And you guys go well together. Far better than me and him ever did.”
Liv nodded, almost invisibly in the darkness.
“Don’t hurt him Liv. Please.” Leah was talking in a low voice that made her sound close to tears. “I think I did that well enough to last a lifetime.” Once again Olivia nodded. “Bye Liv.”
Leah turned to Gerard for the final time and kissed his cheek. “I never stopped loving you. Never,” were the words that she whispered in his ear. And then she was gone, flitting down the street and disappearing into the dark.
“Are you going after her?” Olivia asked, walking towards him.
Gerard shook his head. “I have you.”
Olivia’s face broke into a relieved and Gerard knew, that for once, he’d said the right thing at the right time.
Sign up to rate and review this story