Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Almost

Chapter Twelve- I Almost Wrote A Song About You Today

by Silvana 3 reviews

In Which He Is Tetchy.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2007-08-24 - Updated: 2007-08-24 - 354 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twelve- I Almost Wrote A Song About You Today

“Your dedication of the songs in I brought You My Bullets, You brought me your love to ‘K’ is very cryptic. Wanna talk about it?”
“No.”

Flashback- 11th September 2001

The smoke and the screams. Both were going to haunt him for a long time. The smoke hid the full extent of the damage, until a sharp wind suddenly blew it in another direction revealing the wreckage; the horror and the bodies. But the screams went straight though him; bringing him back to the present; making him realise that this was real, that the deathly silence had now been broken. It also made him realise he wasn’t the only one viewing it.
The smoke and the screams.
Both were horrific.
_________

Six weeks later Mikey was reading through the handwritten song. He looked across at his brother. “You put icy blues,” he commented.
Gerard glanced up. “I know.”
“Liv’s got brown eyes,” Mikey pointed out.
“It’s not about Liv,” Gerard replied tetchily. “It’s not about anyone.” The reason he was so irritable was because he had written it about some one and her face was in his mind right that second, as it was every time he thought about that song.
Mikey shrugged, handing the notebook back. “S’good.”
“Needs a name, Mikes,” Gerard pointed out.
“Uh…Destruction lovers?” Mikey suggested.
“Demolition lovers. Perfect,” Gerard beamed.
__________

“To K?” Mikey asked, puzzled. He watched his brother carefully. “Who the hell is K?”
Gerard didn’t turn round, simply kept his back to him. “Who do you think?”
“If I knew I wouldn’t be asking would I?” Mikey replied, sharply.
“Sheesh,” Gerard turned around, to look at his brother who was lounging on a plastic chair in the corridor. “It’s just a thing Michael, okay?”
Mikey rolled his eyes but let it go. In actual fact it was more than just a ‘thing’ as Gerard put it. It was a reference to the signature of the girl who he’d written demolition lovers about. He just wasn’t going to admit it.
Sign up to rate and review this story