Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Almost

Chapter Thirteen- I Almost Wish You Woulda Loved Me Too

by Silvana 3 reviews

In Which The Interview Ends

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-08-24 - Updated: 2007-08-24 - 587 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirteen- I Almost Wish You Woulda Loved Me Too

“Well thanks for your time Gerard.”
”No problem.”
The camera zoomed in on Mike. “That was Gerard Way on-“ Already she was zoning out; her mind turning to other things like which dress she should wear for the exhibition opening tomorrow when something the interviewer said caught her attention.
“The band are currently off tour and home.”
A real smile graced her lips; a smile that had appeared out of genuine happiness. She could phone now. Her hand hovered over the phone. Wait. If the interview had been live then he wouldn’t be home yet. She sighed, and stooped down to pick up the pink clip off the floor, before meandering back to her studio.
________

It was three hours later when she finally dialled the number, that she'd never got rid of.
“Hello?” It was a man’s voice. A familiar voice.
“Gee?” she asked hopefully.
“Yeah,” he replied. “This is…?”
“Leah,” she said quietly, continuing before he had chance to say anything. “It’s been too long. Seven years, seven months and-“
“Four days,” Gerard finished. “You said it was goodbye. Goodbyes are normally final.”
Leah nodded, even though he couldn’t see her, smiling at the fact that he'd been counting as well. “I know.”
”So why are you calling?”
“Can’t an old friend call?” she asked, unwittingly echoing Gerard’s words from years before.
He laughed slightly. “To catch up?” he asked, his voice tinged with sarcasm. “Fine. I’ll go first. I got a crappy job at Cartoon Network, I saw nine eleven, formed a band, made an album, started drinking, toured, Grandma died, made another album, toured, got sober, toured some more, made a third album, toured even more. You?”
“Continued working as an illustrator, heard of My Chemical Romance, did a painting, got recognised as a serious painter, got engaged, got unengaged, got international fame in the art realm, phoned you.”
He laughed once more. “Nice life.”
“Only as nice as you think it is,” she commented, pushing some of her dark hair away from her face.
“So why did you call?” Gerard asked curiously.
“I was wondering.” She paused to take a deep breath. “If you wanted to come to my exhibition opening tomorrow night as my guest. If you’re busy or whatever that’s fine I was just asking.”
“You sure?” he asked, after a pause. “Or are just inviting me for publicity?”
“When did you get big headed?” she teased. She sighed. “I get my own publicity. There’s going to be press there whether you come or not.”
There was another pause as he thought about it. “Black tie?”
“Naturally. You know what I think about dressing formally. But,” she added almost hastily. “Wear what you want. Wear a dress if you really want to.”
He laughed throatily. “Yeah sure. It’ll be a laugh.”
“You’ll come?” she asked, sounding surprised.
“If you don’t want me to-“ he replied.
“Wouldn’t have asked otherwise,” she reminded him. “But strictly as friends, yeah?”
He nodded. “Naturally.”
“Gee,” she began, seemingly nervous.
“Yeah?”
“I missed you,” she said quietly.
“I missed you too,” he replied gently. There was a silence that wasn’t altogether awkward, yet not altogether comfortable before he asked, “You picking me up?”
“Yes. Five thirty so be ready. I’ll see you tomorrow then?
“Yeah. See you Lee.”
The phones were put down and both Gerard and Leah were smiling.
____________
Sign up to rate and review this story