Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You play with Fire, It's gunna burn You

Part 5

by x_Charlie_x 3 reviews

same old with the rating. Part 5... bit of an iero-update

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-08-24 - Updated: 2007-08-24 - 853 words - Complete

0Unrated
Part 5
Frank’s POV- ‘Their only connection is the silence they both grasp’
As me and Gerard make out way to his office I fill him in on Dean. “Another guy cheated on her?” He asks in amazement. “Jesus, I’m surprised she hasn’t turned lesbian already. Or gone on a killing spree of all the males in your school.”
“I know.” I agree. “I feel sorry for her. She looked so upset.”
“Does this mean she’ll have that Tom guy around tonight eating ice-cream and watching chick flicks?” Gerard asks while waving at the receptionist and heading for the stairs. “The lifts are down again.” He answers my unasked question. “We could hang round mine and Mikey’s tonight if they’re going to be hanging out round there. They might want some space.” He suggests, carrying on from where he had interrupted himself.
“I dunno. We could probably just go to Bob’s and see how things turn out. She might want to come hang with us if Tim doesn’t go round.” I say, remembering all the times she had curled up on Bob’s bed or on the sofa with us, closing her eyes through gory parts of horror films. Her and Bob were really close and hung out a lot together around the house. She got on well with the other guys too so she would often gatecrash our DVD watching if she had nothing better to do.
We enter Gerard’s office. It was more a glorified cupboard with a window, desk, computer and huge printer he used to print his designs and prototypes. There was a photo of him and Mikey on the desk and another of his dog Freddie. It had replaced the picture of his ex girlfriend. It was an improvement if you asked me.
Gerard catches me looking at the picture and laughs somewhat sadly to himself. “Not really much of a difference appearance wise right?” he laughs again before crossing the short distance to his desk. “Here pull that chair around and come look at these.”
Gerard had been working on designing the logo of a bakery down the other end of town. The drafts were really good. He was one heck of an artist, a bit of a shame that he was left doing logo designs. It was weird how something as mundane as a baker logo could be bought to life by Gerard. Maybe he could do the same for Amy.
‘What the f*ck?!’ Weird thoughts over… on with the logos.
“I like that one the best.” I say pointing to a gingerbread man shaped logo.
“Yeah that’s my favourite too.” Gerard says then closes down the programme and shows me the emails from Emma.

Gerard’s POV- ‘Burning up photographs of what was a perfect past coz I’m still here, and I’m barely holding on’
I had loved her. No matter what she says I loved her. She can tell me I didn’t all she likes but I know that I did. And she loved me too, in her own way. Sometimes thought love’s not enough. My Mum says we were destined to be together and cried more than I did when me and Emma broke up.
I say that we were a brilliant moment in time but nothing lasts forever. It was a shame we didn’t stay friends but apparently it was too painful for her. Even though she was the one who ended it in the end. I didn’t understand that logic anymore than I understood everything else that had lead to us breaking up.
Apparently I was never there for her. Apparently she was invisible to me. Apparently I didn’t care. Apparently I lied, cheated, snuck around. Apparently I never loved her.
Apparently she knew jack sh*t about me.
How can you be there for someone if they never tell you what’s up? Just sit there feeling sorry for themselves with their mouths shut tight. Flashing cuts and scars for the world to see but never explaining them. And invisible to me? I couldn’t take my eyes off her. At first because she was so beautiful and then because it was hard to tear your eyes off the wreckage. Like trying not to watch a train crash.
I cared about her more than anything. She came second only to my parents and Mikey. As for lying, cheating and sneaking around; I think she was either paranoid or just saying stuff to justify her decision to end it. I never lied to her, even if the truth would hurt more than a lie or if it was liable to damage us. I never once cheated on her. I never even considered it. The only times I snuck around were to get her the drugs which she swore by. Thinking about it I shouldn’t have gotten them for her. I was just feeding her addiction. I suppose that’s not my worry anymore though.
I had loved her. No matter what she thought.
Sign up to rate and review this story