Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You play with Fire, It's gunna burn You

Part 6

by x_Charlie_x 3 reviews

Part 6... same with rating... another iero-update =( sorry

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-08-24 - Updated: 2007-08-24 - 1126 words - Complete

0Unrated
Part 6
Frank’s POV- ‘Can’t Pretend That You’re Nothing Special’
Me and Gerard leave the offices in thoughtful moods. I think he was thinking about Emma. I was thinking about Amy and the way boys treat her. I was also trying to convince myself that she wouldn’t have taken Emily’s advice to heart.
“Frank? Wake up.” Gerard says. I shake myself out of my thoughts in time to avoid a near collision with a bin.
“Cheers. I was thinking.” I explain, he just nods. “Are you Ok?” I ask him, He’d done a good job at convincing me he wasn’t too beat up about Emma leaving him but now I was having second thoughts.
“I’m fine.” He replies but crumbles when he sees the disbelieving look on my face. “Damn it Frank why do you have to read me so well? Fine I’m not Okay but what’s the point in moping around wishing she hadn’t left? It’s not going to bring her back.”
“Neither is pretending not to mope around but doing it anyway.”
“I don’t want her back.”
“Really?” I ask him with perhaps too much shock in my voice. We’re nearing Bob’s house now and my hand goes up subconsciously to try and flatten my hair.
“Yeah really.” Gerard answers my question. “I just worry about her.”
“I suppose…” I trail off. I was never any good at being supportive and giving advice so I tended not to bother.
We get to Bob’s house shortly after that conversation and are greeted by an angry looking Bob and the sounds of a semi-familiar chick-flick coming from the living room. Through the gap in the door I can see Amy curled up on the sofa with her eyes glued to the TV.
“I can’t believe him. I really can’t. I mean I actually believed he was a good guy.” Bob rants to Gerard. I hide a snigger at his choice of words. Amy was always talking about boys as good and bad guys. It seemed like it had rubbed off on her brother. Gerard and Bob are booting up the computer in the computer room and I head towards them and by the sounds of it Mikey was trying to get something to eat in the kitchen.
“Frank was telling me about it earlier.”
“Yeah. He was a mate of yours wasn’t he?” Bob directs this at me and I hesitate before stammering out an answer. “Well, erm, sort of. I mean I didn’t really know him too well…” I wasn’t usually like his around any of the boys nut Bob could be very protective of Amy and I wasn’t sure what path his thoughts had taken.
He lets the subject drop and soon enough him and Gerard are back on some porno site and Mikey is being unsociable in the corner stuffing his face.
I decide to go and see Amy. I wanted to make sure she was still talking to me after Emily’s semi-unjustified warning and I just wanted to make sure she was Ok. I cared about her in some weird way. I’m nit sure why I care so much but I do so I thought I might as well go with it. Surely nothing bad could come out of caring about someone?
If I’m honest I suppose I fancy her more than just a little. She’s really funny and real and quite attractive too. She’d come a long way from the bullied girl she’d been at Junior School even with all the heartache she’s been through she’d became an amazing person. I think it was her strength that I admired the most. That and the way she made you feel like you were the best guy alive when she smiles at your through her tears. Or that could just be me. She was something special though. You can’t deny that.
I know Tom likes her. That was plain to everyone, even Amy, but I didn’t think she shared the feelings because surely they’d be together by now if she did? No I think to her they were just good friends. She called him her gay friend that wasn’t gay. It wound him up but he never said anything about it. He was a good guy. He always put her first. To be completely honest if it wasn’t for him I think she would be dead by now.
I make my way to the living room and knock on the door that is still only half shut. I knew Tom wasn’t with Amy in there because Bob had been talking about her earlier.
“Hey.” I say, hesitating at the door way. I had never gone out of my way to talk to her before even though she normally ended up in the same room as me if she was home while we were all here.
“What’s up?” She asks, probably thinking I was on a mission from the boys.
“Nothing. Those computer animated chicks aren’t as attractive when you’re completely sober and it’s broad daylight.”
“Haha. Well I’m watching 10 things I hate about you. You can gatecrash if you want but be warned that I will cry when she reads the poem.”
“Sounds good.” I reply and cross the room to site on one of the two armchairs facing the TV. I was at the bit where the feminist bird was dancing dunk on the table.
“We watching this in English once, remember?” I ask her, smiling at the memory.
“Yeah. You ruined the soppy moment.” She laughs. “Where were you today after break?” she asks me.
“No where.” I reply and turn back to the TV and sit in silence through the rest of the film. Gerard joins us for some reason and true to her word Amy cries at the poem bit and when the feminist girl cries when she finds out that the whole thing was a big elaborate bet.
“I love that film.” She says when it’s finished and she’s putting the disc away.
“So does Gerard.” I reply.
“What? No I don’t! They’re just being boring in there!” He replies although we had both enjoyed the film secretly. “Bob’s trying to play your guitar by the way.” He says to Amy.
“Ah! I’m going to kill him.” She screams and storms out of the room, following the racket Bob was making.
“You know what Frank? That films given me an idea.” Gerard begins then fills me in on his horrendously brilliant plan.
Sign up to rate and review this story