Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Taste of Insanity

Chapter 10

by kristinia 0 reviews

Enterring Konoha and the mission begins. What is the mission? Mission: Kill a girl named Kizuma Mamori.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Horror,Romance - Characters: Ino,Itachi,Kakashi,Naruto,Sakura,Sasuke - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-08-24 - Updated: 2007-08-24 - 1027 words

0Unrated
Kryn looked around the forest before closing her eyes and soon she ran ahead of the group. Stopping a few feet away she opened her mouth and a sad yet sweet melody filled the air. It was in a language the three other girls didn't understand but the Akatsuki seemed to, seeing that they watched her, hypnotized.

"What is she singing?" Ino asked curious, anger forgotten at the moment, at the sound of the sad yet sweet sound coming from Kryn. "It's an old language... supposed to be lost from ninja's... yet she knows it.. Itachi did you teach her it?" Deidara answered then asked turning towards Itachi who was watching Kryn closely.

"... I did." Itachi answered after a few moments of silence and Deidara seemed to relax, the tension in his shoulders and around his mouth and eyes, disappearing. Then suddenly Kryn stopped for a few moments and looked up at the sky, crystalline tears falling down her cheeks and at that moment Ino and the two realized that it hurt her just as much as it hurt them to betray Konoha.

"Kryn..." Ino started as she took a step forward but Deidara grabbed her arm and when she looked back at him furiously yet confused, he just shook his head, before motioning towards Itachi. Ino turned to look at Itachi who was staring at Kryn before he walked forward towards her. Kryn noticed him and stopping Itachi in his tracks, she started to sing once more.

Itachi closed his eyes and let the sad yet sweet melody wash over him.

-----

Naruto narrowed his eyes as he looked towards the forest and sighed before turning towards a unemotional Sasuke. "Sasuke-teme, don't you feel the little bit guilty on how you treated Sakura-chan, before she was kidnapped?" Naruto asked, slightly annoyed at how unemotional Sasuke was acting or more like being.

Sasuke looked up and at him annoyed as he answered simple," Of course not, dobe. It's her fault for being kidnapped." Naruto clentched his fist glaring at Sasuke even as Kakashi appeared and said," Yo. We've been given a mission. We are to go and try and find, Haruno Sakura, Yamanaka Ino, Tenten and Uchiha Kryn."

"They took Kryn?" Sasuke asked snapping his head towards Kakashi in attention which made Naruto blink confused. Kakashi looked down, his one visible eye saddening as he nodded his head in answer. A smirk graced Sasuke's lips as he said," That will get Itachi's attention and then he'll go after her and then I can finally kill him."

"..." Kakashi and Naruto didn't say anything as it fell silent and Sasuke suddenly narrowed his eyes as he asked," More people are coming, aren't they?" Kakashi was about to answer when his eye snapped towards the Main Gate and he said," Come on, something's going on." The two followed their sensei confused.

-----

Kakashi stopped and his face seemed to pale as did Naruto's and even Sasuke paled. There standing in a line was the Akatsuki... in between Itachi and Kisame was Kryn in a Akatsuki cloak. Between Sasori and Deidara were Ino and Sakura. By Hidan was Tenten. Sakura, Ino and Tenten looked down right miserable while Kryn was unemotional.

"Kryn..." Kakashi said sadly and Sasuke's eyes flashed as he asked," You kidnapped them, Itachi!? I'll kill you!!" Itachi barely glanced at him before Sasuke could do anything to Itachi Kryn was holding his wrist in a death grip and she whispered softly, voice full of pain and sadness," Forgive me, Sasuke."

Sasuke's eyes widened slightly right before she threw him away and pulled out a kunai. "We know longer belong to Konoha. We are.. now apart of Akatsuki." Kryn stated, as one lone tear fell down her cheek which Kakashi and Sasuke noticed. She didn't want to do this but at the same time she did.

Tears were falling down Ino and Tenten's cheeks like steady streams as Sakura watched her ex-teammates and sensei with unemotional eyes. "Sakura, you will deal with Team 7." Sasori said and Sakura nodded her head as she stepped forward, while pulling out all too familiar brown leather gloves.

"S-Sakura-chan... you would really fight us?" Naruto asked, his voice wavering with pain and uncertainty. Itachi and the others disappeared leaving only Sakura there with them. Sasuke's eyes narrowed as he said," We won't go easy on betrayers like you." "Like we did for you, Sasuke-kun?" Sakura asked softly and Sasuke froze.

She had used his suffix.. which made them all confused. Sakura pulled the gloves on as she stared at them and soon was rushing at the three, fist raised. Sasuke soon went poker face as he let his emotions lock away. He wouldn't feel anything when he fought Sakura who used to be his teammate, a trusted comrade.

Naruto was having more trouble than Sasuke in fighting Sakura. They had trained together so they could bring Sasuke back home, they had done everything as teammates. They were the best of friends and he yelled," I can't hurt my bestfriend, Sakura-chan!" "I can't hurt my pupil, Sakura. Stop this... come back to us." Kakashi said which stopped Sakura fully.

Suddenly she was charging at Sasuke since he was the only one who didn't have a problem in fighting Sakura. Sasuke jumped back as blue white electric surrounded his hand and the sound of thousands of birds enterred the air. He ran at Sakura and before he realized it was too late, his hand plunged into her chest.

Tears were streaming down her cheeks as she whispered," I... forgive me.. Sasuke-kun..... I love you.." Sasuke's eyes widened as Sakura smiled at him and Sasuke stumbled backwards in shock. Sakura looked much like a fallen angel as she started falling backwards but before any of her teammates could catch her, Sasori was behind her, holding her.

"You couldn't even defeat your teammates.. how weak." Sasori commented and Sakura seemed to glare at him before she whispered," I'll... free us... somehow." Suddenly her hand was glowing blue and she thrusted her hand towards Sasori who released her and jumped back. Despite her wounds Sakura stood tall against Sasori.
Sign up to rate and review this story