Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Boys Like You are Overrated

Just Off the Key of Reason

by diehard 0 reviews

WTF mate

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-08-25 - Updated: 2007-08-25 - 1168 words - Complete

0Unrated


To say that I was shocked would have been a gross understatement. I instantly felt highly sober. Thoughts ran through my mind, the most prominent being "/what. is. going. on? /I was so shocked, in fact, that I didn't kiss back. I just kind of sat there. Patrick must have noticed my evident lack of enthusiasm because he pulled away and mumbled something about finding Pete. Then he got up and left, leaving me alone with my thoughts. Bad idea.

/Patrick just kissed me. Wait... did it really happen? /I reached up to touch my lips that were still tingling. Yes. It did. Okay. So Patrick kissed me. Big deal...Oh who am I kidding? Did I want that to happen?I've been thinking about him all night... that must mean I feel something for him. I just met him today. I can't kiss someone I just met. What the fuck?

I was saved from any further trauma by Jess coming in. "Oh there you are." She grinned. "It's time to go home." I wordlessly grabbed my pullover and followed Jess outside. The boys were standing outside of a Land Rover and talking. Andy spotted us and waved. "You guys leaving?" he called.

"Yeah." Jess replied. Much to my chagrin, she walked over to where they were standing.

Pete took her phone out of her hand and before she could ask what he was doing, he had entered all of their numbers. "Call us sometime ok?"She nodded. He opened his hand for my phone. What else could I do? I gave it to him.

The goodbyes went as follows:

Jess hugged each of the guys and stepped back for me to do the same. It was all fine and dandy until I got to Patrick. I couldn't just nothug him so I awkwardly put my arms around him and frowned when I felt him stiffen. I was somewhat relieved when he put his arms around me but the relief was overcome by the sheer awkwardness of this situation. He pulled away quickly and I didn't complain. I gave Joe a hug and started to follow Jess to our car. I knew I was in for it as soon as we were out of earshot.

I was right. "What's wrong with you?" She asked. Not meanly, but just as a question.

I tried to avoid it. "Nothing."

Ha. If I thought Jess was going to fall for that, I was sadly mistaken. "Oh come on. I haven't seen you that awkward since Cameron asked you out in 10th grade."

I winced at the memory. "Do you really have to bring that up? I had finally managed to forget about it."

She smirked and said, "Well, tell me what's wrong. Because it's not nothing and I'm going to find out anyway so you might as well just tell me."

"Can we at least wait 'til we get home?" I begged. "I have amajor headache." It was true. Even though Patrick's kiss had cleared up my mind, that didn't change the fact that I was sure to have a huge hangover in the morning.

"Fine." Jess said.



Needless to say, the minute we got home, I made a beeline for the shower. As I dried off, I could hear Jess outside the door telling me that I couldn't get out of talking that easily. "Fine." I called out to her. Iopened the door and took Jess into my room. I sat on the bed and she sat across from me on the mini sofa I had in my room. "Basically, I left the dance floor and got drunk. I went to the back lounge and Patrick was there. He kissed me and I was so shocked that I just sat there. He got up and left, so saying goodbye to him was really awkward."

"Did you want him to kiss you?" She asked.

"You know, I really don't know."

"Well, don't deny it, he was the one you were trying to impress." She said it as a statement, not a question. How does she know this stuff?

"I guess. I don't know. I met him today for goodness sake. I'm not upset that he kissed me, I just don't know if I want anything to happen."

Jess nodded understandingly. "I get it. You should sleep on it. Personally, I think you should talk to him about it too. Just ask him what he meant by it and you should probably try to figure out if you feel something for him."

I grinned. "Jess, you own my brain."

"No. I just control it." She smirked. With that, I kicked Jess out so I could go to bed. Just as I was getting comfortable, my phone started vibrating on my bedside table. I was highly tempted to just let it ring but my curiosity as to who it was got the best of me. I picked it up and squinted at the caller ID. The name 'Patrick Stump' glowed back at me. I skewed my mouth to one side and quickly weighed the pros and cons of picking up. Once again, curiosity got the best of me. /Damn. /Before I could stop myself, Ihad flipped open the phone, put it to my ear and let out a tired sounding"hello?"

I heard him let out a breath. "Hi Jenna."

"Yo. Sup?" I said in my best gangster voice, trying to lighten the mood. It didn't work.

"I just wanted to talk to you. To apologize." Apologize?Well that's something I wasn't expecting.

"Honestly, Patrick, there's nothing to apologize about."

I could almost feel him perk up. "Really?Soisthereanychanceyoumighthavefeelingsforme?" He said really fast.

I blinked and tried to decipher what he had just said. Finally, I figured it out and felt my stomach drop. Now what am I supposed to do? "Um... Well. Patrick, no offense but I just met you. Today." After Isaid it, I wished I hadn't. Once again, I could feel his mood change, this time into something rather dejected.

"Oh right. I get that. I mean, I'm being stupid. Yeah that makes sense. Sorry to put you on the spot like that." He rambled.

I sighed, "Patrick, I don't know. There might be something there but honestly, I don't know right now."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Well, we can be friends right?" He sounded hopeful.

"Of course. We should get to know each other first anyway."This seemed to satisfy him.

"Ok. That sounds good. Sorry if I woke you up or kept you up or something." I could still detect a hint of something in his voice. Awkwardness? Embarrassment?

"It's fine," I replied, "But I think I need to go to bed or else I'll end up waking up at like, 3 in the afternoon."

He chuckled. "I do that anyway. Goodnight Jenna."

"Goodnight Patrick." With that I snapped my phone shut, stretched out on my bed and decided that further contemplation of this matter needed to wait until tomorrow.
Sign up to rate and review this story