Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Boys Like You are Overrated

There's a Light on in Chicago

by diehard 0 reviews

Mall fun with Fall Out Boy

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-08-25 - Updated: 2007-08-25 - 1052 words - Complete

0Unrated


Fast Forward 2 Weeks:



I lay on my bed thinking about the past two weeks. Jess and I had been spending every spare minute with the boys and honestly, I had never been happier. I had finally managed to erase all traces of awkwardness in my relationship with Patrick and we were growing closer. I still don't know if Iwant /that /kind of relationship with him, but who knows? I might someday.

I was interrupted in my thoughts by the phone in the kitchen ringing. "I got it!" I yelled to Jess and trudged into the kitchen.

"10 bucks it's Pete." She called. I smirked. I was so not going to take that bet because I knew it probably was. "Yeah right." I replied.

I picked up the phone. "Pizza Hut, may I take your order?"There was some muffled scuffling in the background and I heard a very familiar voice say "guys! I called Pizza Hut on accident! Let's get something!" Typical Pete.

"You wish you called Pizza Hut. What do you want Pete?" I said, trying to hold in a laugh.

"Oh it's you." He said in a disappointed tone.

"Well, you were trying to call me right?"

"Well... yeah..."

I sighed. "Is there something you were going to tell me because I could just hang up."

"Wait!" He cried. "Do you and Jess want to go to the mall with us?" I looked over my shoulder at Jess. "You, me, mall, fall out boy?"

She giggled. "Yeah sure."

I put the phone back to my ear. "K we'll be there in half an hour."

"Bye!" He said happily.



I ran to my room to throw on a black t-shirt with a blue pattern on it and jeans. I walked into the bathroom. "Oh Jess!" I sang. "Come do my eyeliner!" She rolled her eyes and came in. "You seriously need to learn to do this yourself. I'm not gonna be around forever just to do your eye makeup for you."

I grinned. "But you're here now." She rolled her eyes again and applied a thin layer of black eyeliner to my eyes. "Happy?"

"Very." With that, I went out the door, threatening to leave her if she didn't hurry up.

"It's your fault that I take so long to get ready." She grumbled as she slid into the seat just before I pulled out of the driveway.

"Keep telling yourself that." I said sweetly.





I called Andy once we got to the mall to ask him where they were. "Well," he said, "Patrick and I are in Hot Topic, where it's safe. Pete grabbed Joe and ran off somewhere and I'm not stupid enough to go after them. They're gonna be mobbed. At least it's dark in here."

"Ok. Stay there. Jess and I will go look for Pete and Joe and bring them back." I told him.

"Yeah as if I'd even think about leaving."

I smiled to myself, flipped my phone shut and turned to Jess. "If you were a hyperactive emo kid and/or a Jew with big hair, where would you go?"

She thought for a minute. "The indoor playground."

I shook my head, but since I didn't have any better ideas, Itook Jess by the sleeve and headed to the little play area they have for toddlers. As soon as we rounded the corner, we saw Pete and Joe trying to go down the slide. How did Jess know where to look? That girl scares me sometimes. They were having trouble because when they sat at the top, their legs almost reached the ground. "Not even you are short enough Peter." I called to him. His head snapped up and he hopped off the slide. I had enough sense to hide behind Jess before he came barreling our way. The only thing hiding accomplished, though, was making it easier for him to hug both of us at the same time. Joe came plodding over more slowly and gave each of us an individual hug. "Hey." I said to them.

"Hola amigos." Pete said. He got a confused look on his face and his eyes went slightly wider before he quickly said, "I mean, amigas."

While all of this was going on, we had been getting some strange looks from the parents of the kids who were playing. Luckily, though, most of them were in their late 20's and didn't care if half of Fall Out Boy was sliding down slides alongside their kids.

As if reading my mind, Pete said, "We came here because we know that no one around this part of the mall would recognize us."

I nodded and said, "Well, we're here to take you back to Hot Topic."

They looked at each other and looked at us. "Race you!" They screamed at the same time.

/Oh it is on. /We took off running across the mall and arrived at Hot Topic in record time. Jess won with Joe as a close second, thanks to their legs, which are way longer than Pete's or mine.

Jess and I greeted Andy and Patrick with hugs before poking around the shelves. Pete came over to me with something in his hands and asolemn look on his face. "Jenna, I think you need to buy this."

I took the thing out of his hands and held it up. It was a Fall Out Boy shirt. "And why exactly do I need to buy it?"

"Reason number one: so you have something to wear at shows, and reason number two: because you don't have any band shirts and your first one might as well be ours."

It was true. I didn't have any band shirts. I loved music but it all went back to my disdain for famous people. My logic was: 'you can like the music but why advertise?' I thought for a second. Whatever less-than-friendly feelings I had had for rockstars was shrinking drastically with every day I spent with Fall Out Boy. I shrugged. "Ok. I'll get it."

I purchased the shirt and we managed to make Andy and Patrick leave the store by promising to protect them from any mobs of screaming fangirls. It helped that I reminded them it was a Friday at noon and all the teenagers were at school.
Sign up to rate and review this story