Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Boys Like You are Overrated

But I Only See You

by diehard 0 reviews

AWWWWWWWW

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-08-25 - Updated: 2007-08-25 - 1355 words - Complete

0Unrated


During their performance, Patrick kept glancing my way. This made me ecstatic, to say the least. James noticed, though and took me away from the stage with a firm hand on my arm. "We need to talk."

I knew I wasn't going to like whatever he had to say but Iwent over to Jess anyway. "I've got to go talk to James. Tell them good job if we're not back by the time they finish."

She nodded and continued to watch the show.

I followed James out the back door and into the parking lot lit by streetlights. There weren't very many people around since everyone was inside watching Fall Out Boy.

He didn't waste any time. "Is there something going on between you and Patrick?"

I was only mildly surprised. "No. What makes you think there is?"

"Well for one, it's painfully obvious that he hates my guts and plus, he kept staring at you."

I so do not want to deal with this right now. "James, please. Nothing's going on, now can we please go back inside?"

"Only if you can honestly tell me without any second thoughts that you don't like him as anything more than a friend."

I promptly opened my mouth to do just that. "I-" I thought for a second. Honestly? If I were being honest with James, not to mention myself, I'd break up with him right now and go tell Patrick what I should have told him a long time ago. "-don't-" You're being an idiot, Jen.

James interrupted my hurried thoughts with a shake of his head. "I've heard enough Jenna. If you meant it, you wouldn't be hesitating. Idon't want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with me, so this is goodbye."

I regarded him warily. "Really?"

"Yeah. We had good times but seriously, who wants to deal with this kind of stuff?" He was acting irritated, not at all like his usual easygoing self. "See ya around, Jenna." He turned and walked away.

I watched him go interestedly. As weird as it seems, I had never been broken up with before. I was always the instigator. That wasn't nearly as painful as everyone says it is. But that's probably because my heart wasn't in the relationship. It was on a tour bus. And now it's on a stage in that building. So why am I still out here? I turned and walked back inside without another glance at James' retreating figure.



I found Jess in Fall Out Boy's dressing room. She was sitting on the couch flipping through a book that Pete had left on the small table. She looked up as I entered. "It's over." I said rather dramatically.

A small smile came to her face. "Good."

"You know, you confuse me. First you wanted me to be with Patrick. Then you said to forget Patrick and be with James. Then I break up with James and you're happy."

She sighed. "I change my mind a lot because circumstances change. I try to encourage what I think will make you happy."

I thought for a minute. "Ok. So, right now, Patrick will make me happy. Where is he?" I tried to keep the excitement out of my voice.

Jess waved her had around. "There in this building somewhere."

"That's really helpful of you. Thanks Jess, I knew you were my best friend for something."

She gave a half-shrug. "I don't know exactly where they are. They said they were going to hang out with fans for a little. All they said to me was 'wait here.'"

"Ok. I'm going to find them."

"Have fun with that. Don't die."

I smiled and walked out the door.





I wandered around the venue aimlessly, keeping an eye out for a huge throng of people. No such luck. I finally gave up and asked asecurity guard if he knew where Fall Out Boy was signing autographs. "Go outside through those doors and walk that way," he said pointing to the left,"you should see a big crowd of people."

I thanked him and walked in the direction he pointed. Why didn't I think of going outside?

I pushed open the heavy door and was hit with a blast of the cool night air. I turned left and started walking. Sure enough, I saw a big crowd. I couldn't see the guys but I knew they were at the center of it. This is going to be interesting.

I started pushing through the people, ignoring the shouts of"Hey! We were here first!" While doing so, I thought about what I'd do when Isaw Patrick. The truth was, I had no idea. I decided I was going to wing it.

I finally reached the inside of the circle and saw the guys with sharpies, signing anything that was shoved at them. "Hey!" I called over the excited talking of the people around me.

Joe looked over and saw me. "Guys it's Jenna!" They pulled me to them and each gave me hugs.

"Sorry I didn't see you after the show. I had something to take care of."

Patrick looked up. "Something like what?"

The crowd was starting to get to me and I decided I couldn't stay here and tell him the whole story while there were people yelling his name and trying to shove me out of the way. So I did what any girl in my position would do. I reached over and grabbed his arm. He turned and I kissed him. When we broke apart, I smiled and the look on his face. "I'll tell you later!" I said cheerfully, and started back the way I had come.



I returned to the dressing room to find Jess in the same place I had left her. Except she was listening to her iPod instead of reading Pete's book. I briefly told her what happened and then curled up in the corner of the couch to await the boys' return. To pass the time, I took Joe's guitar and started playing. I wasn't very good but it was something to do.

10 minutes later, the dressing room door opened and Andy, Joe, Pete and Patrick filed in. I stood up, smiled at the other boys and immediately led Patrick right back outside.

The hallway was clear, which I was thankful for.

"So." Patrick said tugging on the brim of his hat.

"So, I broke up with James."

He smiled. "That's what I thought when you kissed me, but Iwasn't sure."

"I don't want us to end up trying to be happy by being with other people. I want us to be happy with each other. No more thinking we need to get over the other person. No more getting into other relationships when the one we really want is right in front of us."

"I think I can handle that." He said with a sweet smile."Will you be my girlfriend, Jenna?"

"Duh." I said, trying to make this non-sappy.

He pulled me into a hug and said, "call me crazy, but I love you."

I pretty much melted on the spot. Ok. So it wassappy. Oh well.

"I love you too, so I guess we're both crazy."

He pulled away from me and smiled. "Good." He wrapped his arms around my waist and gave me the sweetest kiss I've ever gotten. Until Pete threw open the door and screamed, "I TOLD YOU!"

I broke away from Patrick to see Joe peering around the doorframe. "That doesn't prove anything." He shot at Pete. He looked at us."Are you guys together?"

Patrick nodded happily. "Oh." Said Joe with a disappointed voice. Pete held out his hand. "5 dollars please Mr. Trohman." Joe gave him the money and turned to us. "I'm really happy for you guys but Pete and I had abet.

I laughed and told him it was fine.

Patrick laced his fingers with mine and took me back into the room.

After the awkwardness of our first kiss and the pain of watching each other with other people, things finally felt right.
Sign up to rate and review this story