Categories > Original > Horror

The Captive Maiden

by theheadlessauthor 1 review

Little ficlet I wrote about 20 minutes ago. Rated PG for Christians who are superstitious, G for everyone else.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy, Horror - Published: 2005-12-27 - Updated: 2005-12-28 - 401 words - Complete

0Original
The girl wept silently, wary of alerting the guards of her sorrow. Her eyes were bound by a tight strip of ragged gray cloth. Her once lustrious chestnut locks were now a dull, gnarled mass of dingy brown. She was bound to a thanklessly rough wooden chair, which drove splinters deep into her back. Her ragged gray blouse hung loosely around her frail frame, and her skirt was so full of holes it could barely be considered clothing.

She ducked her head down in fear as the cracked oak door to her miniscule cell swung open. A brave-looking boy looke pitiously upon the pale, injured maiden before him. He was clad in protective armor and woolen breeches, with a rough tunic, which meant one thing-he was a knight.

"Do not worry, fair maiden," he murmered, kneeling in front of her and gently removing the cloth that hid her eyes. She slowly lifted her head without opening her eyes. Her eylashes grew longer and glowing as her hair restored itself to it's former glory. Her ragged garb became a beautiful velvet gown as her figure filled out.

The knight gasped at her beauty. "You...you are lovely..." he whispered revrently, his eyes widening.

Her eyes flashed open, revealing pupiless crimson eyes. "Thank you," she smiled, showing finely sharpened fangs. The knight shivered as she leaned toward him.

Her chair melted away as she rose, and the walls of the prison melted away, revealing a thorny pine forest and hundreds of pale corpses the illusion had hidden. The knight recovered quickly from his initial shock and drew out a silver cross in his hand and held it in front of him, too frightend to rise. She glided toward him, chuckling musically. Bending down, she ripped the cross from his shaking hand and threw it aside. She drew him closer and whispered it his ear, " Did you really think that would stop me?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The brave farm boy waved farewell to his mother. Recently a rumor had been flying around the village that there was a fair maiden trapped in a cacoon of thorns in the pine forest nearby. Most of the villagers had dismissed it as a wild speculation at why Sir Damien was missing, but the farmer boy believed in the tale wholeheartedly. He was going to find the maiden ( Hopefully before Sir Damien did) if it was the last thing he'd do.
Sign up to rate and review this story